This discussion is closed.
x~PiNk~x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Thanks

I ate it before waitng for your response Twas delish!

I've started eating the skins on apples lately. I couldn't stand them before.

I've heard the skins are the best part?
I love the skin Makes it so crunchy and delish (Y)

I usually cut up my apples into cubed mouth size peices. I find they last me longer that way
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crisps)
Tuesday night.

Lots of alcohol followed by visits to the local takeaway AND to thr 24 hour Spar
Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and hop back on that weightloss train Everyone makes mistakes :hugs:
ellabella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
once i weighed a pink lady out of curiousity, it was a really really huge one and it was 110 cals :O but i guess they are normally about 70. i looove pink ladies, esp cold ones, think i will go and get one now
Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Ok guyz helps here! Right, my BMR is 1610. Say I exercise once to three times a week, so that means cals for the day should be around 2125. I burn around 400cal a day, and eat around 1200. I'm not really eating enough am I?

The general maths has got totally confused in my head

So eating 2125 calories a day is my maintaining calories yes?
ames123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For apples I have this from Lakeland except it hasn't got the bottom bit: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!11062
Makes eating apples really easy!
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ames123)
For apples I have this from Lakeland except it hasn't got the bottom bit: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!11062
Makes eating apples really easy!
Aren't apples pretty easy to eat normally?
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Carreh)
Ok guyz helps here! Right, my BMR is 1610. Say I exercise once to three times a week, so that means cals for the day should be around 2125. I burn around 400cal a day, and eat around 1200. I'm not really eating enough am I?

The general maths has got totally confused in my head

So eating 2125 calories a day is my maintaining calories yes?
Your adding 32% on for exercise? To be fair, i did this experiment as part of my course a few years ago, even though you burn calories, you don't actually need to add that much on to your requirements.

When you say BMR - do you mean BMR, or total energy expenditure? (this includes BMR, plus energy for breaking down diet and exercise)

From BMR - you should be translating it to total energy expenditure (times 1.4 unless you do mega exercise, and we mean mega!) and then minus 500 for weight loss. Then keep adjusting it every 4 weeks or so if weight loss isn't occuring.

On face value it looks like you do need to eat more.. how long have you been sticking to 1200?
Carreh
Report 10 years ago
the 2125 is what a few websites said for that activity level, tbh I took that with a pinch of salt! ooo from http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

BMR is my actualy BMR from http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

its been a while tbh, it was working, now not so much

What would you recommend oh wise Kirsty?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:eek: Yesterday...was a really really bad day.
I thought I did badly with scampi and chips for lunch. That was nothing. For dinner I then went and ordered a korma, vegetable pilau rice, a naan, 2 poppadums, and mango chutney.

Dear god what have I done?!!
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
hey :wavey: well today was quite good. Though about an hour or so ago I had about 9 small-medium sized biscuits. I wouldn't call it a binge though, I ate them all in the space of about half an hour and the last one about half an hour later so it was spread out not just amighty pig out. I felt like I deserved a treat cus I worked today and yesterday 8 hours each day. I'd say to be on the safe side I've had about 1800-2000 calories max today excluding the calories burnt working. So today is definetely a mantinance day. So no biggy.
Hope you lot are doing well too :hugs:
xxx
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
:eek: Yesterday...was a really really bad day.
I thought I did badly with scampi and chips for lunch. That was nothing. For dinner I then went and ordered a korma, vegetable pilau rice, a naan, 2 poppadums, and mango chutney.

Dear god what have I done?!!
:hugs: Don't worry, everyone slips up sometimes, all of us on this forum have done, just jump back on the wagon tomorrow and try not to beat yourself up about it
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks hun. With the size of my butt though I can't afford to slip up haha, but you're right I'll just push it behind me.

(lol it being my slip up, not my butt, although technically speaking it is behind me. I'm gonna shush now lol)
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Carreh)
the 2125 is what a few websites said for that activity level, tbh I took that with a pinch of salt! ooo from http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

BMR is my actualy BMR from http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

its been a while tbh, it was working, now not so much

What would you recommend oh wise Kirsty?
mmm - you could always PM me the vitals, (height, weight, age) and i'll give you the officially style BMR/energy requirements etc...

I'm not sure though - i think the equations in your case probably over estimate what you need, if you've been eating that, and aren't wasting away it might suggest your eating enough... mmm - perhaps compromise, eat for 1500 and see what happens, if weight goes up after a few weeks, cut back a little or perhaps, exercise more if possible?
*Ariel*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
I wouldn't restrict yourself - you don't sound like you've eaten a lot.

Even if your veggie, you still need a balanced diet - so don't forget the protein - beans, lentils, pulses are fine (and cheap!) rather than just vegetables.

yea i need 2 eat sum more protein, im useless at finding balanced diet, on a normal day i tend to eat manily carbohydrates and not much of other stuff i have these nice vegi bacon slices which are emant to have protein in cus ther soya?
Carreh
Report 10 years ago
Yeh problem with exercise is time now full time shift work really screwed it all up!
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Ariel*)
yea i need 2 eat sum more protein, im useless at finding balanced diet, on a normal day i tend to eat manily carbohydrates and not much of other stuff i have these nice vegi bacon slices which are emant to have protein in cus ther soya?
I imagine so. Sometimes though the vegetarian alternatives like quorn etc can be expensive, so something simple like lentils or beans are cheap, and not too bad. Plus you get iron from them!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
mmm - you could always PM me the vitals, (height, weight, age) and i'll give you the officially style BMR/energy requirements etc...
Kirsty could you give me mine? I'm 20, 5'4 and 9 stone.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Boyfriend just cooked a curry *holds nose*

I ate an hour ago and I'm hungry again. Bummer.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)

I ate an hour ago and I'm hungry again. Bummer.
Me too . Serves me right for having a salad for dinner!
I just ate some mango and a ferrer rocher and I'm still hungry!
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by beebeeworm)
Aren't apples pretty easy to eat normally?
Yeah but it's even easier here, so core to worry about and you actually eat more of the apple than if you ate it normally.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.42%
No - I got the required grades (108)
59.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise