Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Having my reprogramme at the gym on weds, hopefully that should kickstart my body into losing some weight! She said she'd put me on some weights too, which I much prefer to doing ALL cardio, so all good! I think my body's just got too used to doing all cardio, and now it won't budge!

However, I tried on a pair of size 12 trousers I'd bought when I was still too big for them, and they fit now! Even though I feel fatter and weigh the same, somehow I have got smaller...hmmm weird!

Now my bf has challenged me to a pushup competition...lets see how much I make a fool out of myself!

ok, girlies, I start a full time job soon, I pretty much have 1 day off a week, every other weekend i will be busy, so... I think I will be able to sort out my eating patterns a bit more, ie. bigger lunch, smaller dinner, breakfast more days, but any exercise I do is going to have to be totally changed. Now joining a gym is out, as I can't afford it, as it would be peak hours I am free. 3 out of 4 days I can get in a pretty longish walk, but what do people recommend for the rest of hte time? I was thinking swimming on my day off

ReputationRep:
    yeah, carreh, swimming is a good idea. just make sure you're doing some real good heart pumping stuff and not a bit of poxy prancing around (aka breast stroke) :p:

also, there's always the good old outdoors; tennis or basketball?

ReputationRep:
    Wooo.. good gym session today! Did (minutes): treadmill (15), skipping (2), rower (10), cross trainer (18), bike (10) and treadmill (5).

But i weighed myself this morning, and i have put on weight! :eek: Seriously, i need to get my act together. :/ I've had 2 slices of bread (200) and half a can of beans (150) today so far, so it leaves lots of room for any hiccups that happen tonight. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ick, someone took me out to lunch...a humongous WHITE baguette...500 calories at least! Naughty Gem, but it was well worth it

I need to find a new sports centre, I've literally not done anything apart from walking, since July 23rd when mine closed for six weeks :mad:

having a baaad day ugh ugh ugh sort it out Lilian!

ReputationRep:
    Are any of you other girlies on Microgynon? I think it's giving me hot flushes and apparently if you're prone to spider veins in your legs it aggrevates them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunthulhu)
    Are any of you other girlies on Microgynon? I think it's giving me hot flushes and apparently if you're prone to spider veins in your legs it aggrevates them
    i'm on microgynon, and i get hot flushes ALL the time . try buying some pulse point spray (designed for menopausal women heehee). I think avon does some - it really helps x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i'm on microgynon, and i get hot flushes ALL the time . try buying some pulse point spray (designed for menopausal women heehee). I think avon does some - it really helps x x x
    Thanks sweetie!

ReputationRep:
    Went to the gym this morning, did ok. Did 35 minutes on the treadmill but instead of jogging I did a brisk walk on a 6.0 incline. I managed to keep my heart rate at about 150 so I'm in the fat burning zone, which may help me a bit more. Also did 5 minutes on the crosstrainer and my weights.
    No gym tomorrow, instead I'm going to use the treadmill at home. I'm trying to ween myself off the gym slowly because next Friday my gym membership runs out. I've started to find the gym a real chore, so maybe cutting down on my days will help.
    Food wise I'm just above 1250 calories today, that includes dinner. This week I'm going to be really strict with myself and not eat in the evenings. I found I felt a lot better yesterday because I didn't snack in the evening. It's going to be hard but I shall try my best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    Went to the gym this morning, did ok. Did 35 minutes on the treadmill but instead of jogging I did a brisk walk on a 6.0 incline. I managed to keep my heart rate at about 150 so I'm in the fat burning zone, which may help me a bit more. Also did 5 minutes on the crosstrainer and my weights.
    No gym tomorrow, instead I'm going to use the treadmill at home. I'm trying to ween myself off the gym slowly because next Friday my gym membership runs out. I've started to find the gym a real chore, so maybe cutting down on my days will help.
    Food wise I'm just above 1250 calories today, that includes dinner. This week I'm going to be really strict with myself and not eat in the evenings. I found I felt a lot better yesterday because I didn't snack in the evening. It's going to be hard but I shall try my best.
    I've been trying really hard to cut out evening snacks as it does take a chunk out of my calorie allowance but I get SO hungry

My day is going okay foodwise as well But my mom has just got a new job and is really excited so I might be baking her cookies tomorrow, but wednesday is meant to be my day off because I have chocolate ice cream to eat, and then on the weekend my aunt is visiting and we're having pork chops and baked potatoes friday night, tacos saturday night, and pancakes with maple syrup sunday night looool

one word
    cheesecake :teeth:
    and green and blacks chocolate.
    adn um
    i wont go on im scaring even myself at how much i CAN eat

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what is the best level to keep your heart rate at when exercising? Because today, i was on the cross trainer (after doing 25 mins already on other machines) and it was varying between 150 and 160. But the woman next to me had a heart rate at about 130 all the time, and she was on the same intensity as me (although going slower), and i don't know what pace i should go at = at what correct heart rate, so what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    Does anyone know what is the best level to keep your heart rate at when exercising? Because today, i was on the cross trainer (after doing 25 mins already on other machines) and it was varying between 150 and 160. But the woman next to me had a heart rate at about 130 all the time, and she was on the same intensity as me (although going slower), and i don't know what pace i should go at = at what correct heart rate, so what do you think?
    For anyone in their 20's having a heart rate above 130 is classed as the heart burning zone. 160 is classed as a high intensity work out. I'm rubbish at explaining stuff but I found this video quite interesting. It touches on the fat burning thing. Hope that sort of answers you question, sorry if it doesn't and is pointless.

bunthulhu - I know what you mean, although a lot of the time it's out of boredom more then anything.

ReputationRep:
    wow, i'm usually at 180-190

watch how i drop dead one day

i'm going to go and eat now because i am hungry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunthulhu)
    I am, and it gives me the worst skin ever! And hot hot flushes too (makes me like a weird hybrid of a teenager and an old woman!) So as soon as I'm registered with my new doctors here, I'm changing to the one I was on before my stint on the injection.

Todays been good eating wise, had about 550 cals so far. Needed some chocolate this afternoon, but luckily the vending machine had nothing nice in it! Soooooo, I'm having a bit of pizza and a few chips for tea. And that should still keep my cals pretty good at just over 1000

On the subject of heart rates, I can easily get and keep mine at justy under 190 when I'm working hard. The thing is I don't feel like I'm going to drop dead when it's like that. Kinda worries me a bit as the guide on the machines doesn't advise going anywhere near up there!

ReputationRep:
    My heart rate is usually between 160-170 on the machines, although the treadmill always pushes it up! Chocolate has been calling out to me as well today, I've just had a packet of Taster's from the vending machine mmm and I enjoyed every single second of them lol! I was SO disappointed though when I weighed myself this week when I got to the gym, it said I had put on 2 pounds!!! I figured it may have been cos it's that time of the month, bt after I had worked out, it said I had lost 2 pound again???? I've had such an energetic weekend, gym on Friday, badminton Sat and gym again yesterday. I'm having a rest today cos my body is aching all over! I wanna lose hopefully another 2lbs this week by my birthday on Sunday so I think after today's chocolate fix I am gonna go back to being super disciplined cos I'm going out for a meal and drinks on my birthday so wanna be able to treat myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    one word
    cheesecake :teeth:
    and green and blacks chocolate.
    adn um
    i wont go on im scaring even myself at how much i CAN eat
    How was the V Festival?

ReputationRep:
    The weight loss has seriously slowed down and it's probably due to the fact I'm not doing any exercise at the moment, apart from work, and I'm not being as careful with what I'm eating.

I go back to uni on the 23rd of September and I was hoping to be at my target weight by then. It obviously isn't going to happen but hopefully I can still lose a few pounds before then. I've decided to keep an eye on what I eat hoping that it will help me shift some more pounds.

Today

Breakfast - Piece of toast
    Lunch - Soup
    Tea - Tuna salad

(Original post by Bexiness!)
    How was the V Festival?
    got pushed from pillar to post to get in
    then crushed
    then it rained the next day
    sold my ticket for sunday
    sucked

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.