• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    that's a new one..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I didn't know it existed! :scales:

I wouldn't recommend weighing more than once per week (particularly when you have to pay)

ReputationRep:
    my goal is somewhere between 8st7/9st, and i would like to be there by the summer.

ive eaten quite a lot today - healthy food, but too many corn cakes, nuts and sultanas. i have my period though. which is actually quite surprising cos between july 2006 and december 2007 i had no periods, and when i got it back last month i didn't expect it to come back so soon again. its very good news though

anyway tomorrow i'm going to get some herbal teas: ginger, liquorice, and whatever else looks good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Ariel*)
    does any1 hav any good exercises 4 lower stomach? the ones i do onli seem to tone my upper stomach n the bottom is wobbly n want it to be flat and toned! ive tried those things where you li down and 'flutter' your legs but i giv up 2 easy cus i cant feel it workin n it just hurts my neck
    Hey Ariel, just noticed you might be coming to Bangor in September! I'm a third year there, so anything you want to know let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    I didn't know it existed! :scales:
    It's been up for weeks :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Whoo. I'm 9 11lbs at (nearly) 5ft 7, so I'm well on my way to being semi-happy. A few more pounds off would be nice, but then I'm stopping and I'll eat what I want (in moderation).

ReputationRep:
    Ive been using that tesco healthy living tracker recently and Im glad I have because Im noticing all the little bits that I eat that I dont even realise. Every week I get so annoyed if I havent lost weight but I can see why now. :rolleyes:

Sorted myself out a new plan for this week to see if it helps shift the pounds and I shall report back with the results

ReputationRep:
    My aim is to lose another 1.5 stones (already lost 2stone).

ReputationRep:
    Quick guys, how many calories in a shot of vodka please?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    60 i think according to the tracker for 70cl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    Thank gawd. I can cope with that. Thank you :hugs:

I've had the day from crapsville at uni Gonna take my sorry ass to the pub for a stiff vodka and a jacket potato :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    70cl? Thats nearly three single shots!

[or two big singles *ahem* York lil' miss mubber duckie!]
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :hugs: tufts, you might want to avoid the vodka though..

edit: chris i don't know liquid measurements, i just told her what i found out. so i'm guessing it's 20 per shot then.

ReputationRep:
    heh I love you guys.

Man I need a big cuddle, but there's no one here to partake. So vodka in Spoons it is then.

I'll be back after lunch.

...... probably pissed :p: I never knew there was so few calories in vodka! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    25mls standard shot, 35ml "European" [standard shot in europe but not many pubs here do it]
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Actually 70cl is 700ml! (you get 70cl bottles!)

My quick reference guide has all spirits roughly 50kcals per single shot. Not 100% accurate but i think it is 50 per shot. Thts what i count it has anyway.

Its around 275 kcal per 100ml of Tesco vodka according to their website, so perhaps over 50 per shot. (around 70)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'm not good with maths either >.<

ReputationRep:
    55 cals in a 25ml shot. btw tufts, i think at weatherspoons atm they are doing a deal on double G&Ts - £2 each. so if you get slimline tonic that would be 110 cals. so delish!

ReputationRep:
    Argh, period pains today so am feeling very sorry for myself! Luckily, I don't feel like eating due to silly stomach pains so it shall be relatively easy today to stick to the 'healthy eating'.

RE: Vodka. I got really paranoid on Saturday & found in terms of Tesco Tracker points, a single vodka shot is about 2/2.5 points (can't remember the exact amount without looking) & obviously if you have diet coke with that its fabtastic! On the other extreme, alchopops are about a 4/4.5 & have a lot more calories! Argh, I never knew that.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    Argh, period pains today so am feeling very sorry for myself! Luckily, I don't feel like eating due to silly stomach pains so it shall be relatively easy today to stick to the 'healthy eating'.

RE: Vodka. I got really paranoid on Saturday & found in terms of Tesco Tracker points, a single vodka shot is about 2/2.5 points (can't remember the exact amount without looking) & obviously if you have diet coke with that its fabtastic! On the other extreme, alchopops are about a 4/4.5 & have a lot more calories! Argh, I never knew that.
    The points thing is weird, but i think fibre has a good say in points value. - so foods with the same calories but higher fibre will have a lower point value -obviously alcohol is not high in fibre.

With alcopops i imagine the huge amount of sugar has a great effect on points and calories.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.