Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellabella)
    yay i persuaded one of my friends to come to spoons with me. **** the cals, i want G&T!
    Ah, go for it - G&T is just too good.

ReputationRep:
    mmmm baked apples :eating:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x~PiNk~x)
    sorry
    It was just all that talk about Dairy Milk mmm . .
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    over my cals for today but comfort eating because i had a bad day at work.

Hmph. Put on weight this week God this sucks

*cries*

ReputationRep:
    I had such a bad day yesterday!!

Everything was going well and then I started eating my big chocolate monkey from thorntons and couldn't stop! I ate all of it Thats 1100 kcals and 69g of fat! I know I'm just maintaining weight and not losing it but I need to control myself :p: And the worst thing is that I still have another choc bear to go which is even bigger! Hehe

On the plus side I've been doing loads of DIY for my new flat so thats some exercise Plus I got a free day pass to the local gym so will use that I guess, although havn't properly exercised in months

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy how calorific chocolate is...hope you enjoyed eating it though and as long as it doesn't become a regular thing than the odd chocolate binge is fine!

Carreh - you've done so well so far, gaining weight one week is nothing compared to the amount you've lost :hugs:

Hmm, One of you guys may be able to help me - in terms of doing weights at the gym, which is better?
    1. lots of reps of a lighter weight
    2. less reps of a heavier weight?

Which one is better for weight loss?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I prefer more reps , lighter weight . Not sure which is proven to be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Maiden)
    I had such a bad day yesterday!!

Everything was going well and then I started eating my big chocolate monkey from thorntons and couldn't stop! I ate all of it Thats 1100 kcals and 69g of fat! I know I'm just maintaining weight and not losing it but I need to control myself :p: And the worst thing is that I still have another choc bear to go which is even bigger! Hehe

On the plus side I've been doing loads of DIY for my new flat so thats some exercise Plus I got a free day pass to the local gym so will use that I guess, although havn't properly exercised in months
    Argh! Christmas chocolate is the worst. I've stored all mine away & am only allowing myself one for a treat. Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows about Medifast tell about there fact and experiences because I need to lose my 40p fast and furiously because my gf need a smart boy for there marriage that's why I need to look smart. Yesterday I read an article about Medifast loss program helps you to lose weight faster and more effectively than traditional diets.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Why do messages get deleted when I reply to them?

About Medifast: Sounds like a waste of time to me. The best way to lose weight is to eat healthier, smaller portions if needs be, and increase exercise. There is no miracle cure. Medifast reports weight losses of 20lb in a month - i strongly believe in my professional opinion that this is unhealthy and not good. Weight loss of 2-3 lbs a week is better, and healthier. It looks like its a very low calorie diet (their products are around 100 calories per serving, 5 times a day plus a meal at around 300kcals max = not enough calories). Not suggested without professional advice. Plus the cost looks a bit expensive for what it is.

Please don't do it - when you come off the plan you will just put the weight back on - that is my professional opinion.

This website is a better way of losing weight: http://www.bdaweightwise.com

ReputationRep:
    i can't imagine what it's like to crave chocolate all the time...

i just crave worse things instead! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't now why my message is deleted thanks for replay but its hard for me to try exercises and to increase this .Anyone else knows about Medifast tell about more there fact and experiences because I need to lose my 40p fast and furiously because my gf need a smart boy for there marriage that's why I need to look smart. Yesterday I read an article about Medifast loss program helps you to lose weight faster and more effectively than traditional diets.

ReputationRep:
    Exercises take too much time to lose weight and calories from body so how i lose weight faster?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by charlesclemens)
    Exercises take too much time to lose weight and calories from body so how i lose my weight faster?
    There is NO quick fix, if you want to lose weight exercise and a GOOD balanced diet is the way to go. Your not going to get a eat 500 kcals a day solution from us. Exercise and diet is the most efficient and it is quick and healthy way to lose weight - and its good for long term health too. Quick weight loss is bad, often due to loss of protein not fat,a nd can affect the way your body functions. Plus you feel really tired and can't do your usual days activities.

A 30 minute walk, a few times a week is the way to start exercise - not too time consuming.

If you want to send me a private message with your typical days diet, i'll check it and send suggestions if you like. (click my user name in this post and select send private message from the drop down menu)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    A mod probably deleted it, hence posting again isn't a good idea. Honestly DO NOT use medifast. Its more trouble healthwise than its worth, and it costs around $300 for 4 weeks worth of their supplements - that is too expensive!

ReputationRep:
    ~Kirsty~ i am so confused what i do ? and what is best for me at this time.:confused:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    How about you send me a typical days diet, and if you want em to work out your calorie requirements, i can do that for you too. (i need your weight and age) Then adjust your diet accordingly. I would reccommend strongly a healthy diet and a little exercise - it really is the best way to lose weight, and i'm sure some of the people on here will agree.

ReputationRep:
    My weight was 300 p and age was 23
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'll get onto this later. Not got the time now, got a thesis to write. However whats your height?

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.