Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ames123)
    Anyone know of a site that shows you how to use weight machines in the gym and what they are actually called?
    No i don't - but can't you just ask an instructor in the gym you go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Lisa)
    I really want to do baked apples! How do you do it? I mean what temperature etc? Thanks
    I usually use cooking apples, but it can be done with normal ones too. Core the apple and fill the centre with raisens/sultunas and a teaspoon of honey, sprinkle cinammon on top (if you like it) and put the apples on a baking sheet. They need about 10 minutes at gas mark 5/6 depending on how big the apples are. They're so yummy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    No i don't - but can't you just ask an instructor in the gym you go to?
    I had a programme drawn up but I can't remember which machine is which and I haven't done the plan for a couple of months. Perhaps i'll just ask an instructor that's around to explain them. But if anyone knows of site.

ReputationRep:
    I'm drinking hot choc. All the taste of a choc bar but not as many cals

ReputationRep:
    Eeks, went on the scales for the first time on 2 months. I'm almost 9 stone, at 5ft 3 and a half. So, not too fat, just chunky.

The only thing that makes it worthwhile is my newly heaving chest. I can't stop looking.

I would still trade them in an instant for slimmer thighs and a smaller behind though. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    ^same about the chest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperMoon)
    Eeks, went on the scales for the first time on 2 months. I'm almost 9 stone, at 5ft 3 and a half. So, not too fat, just chunky.

The only thing that makes it worthwhile is my newly heaving chest. I can't stop looking.
    That's the only thing I miss about my pre-weightloss body. I've gone from a 34D to a 32C - it's so weird looking back at old pictures and seeing myself with comparatively massive boobs. (I'm 5ft 1 so they used to look quite big on my frame).

Good luck with the weightloss - I started out at 9 stone 2 and am shorter than you and am now 8 stone 4

Ugh, I'm writing an essay and so, so want to binge on Haribo Tangfastics :coma: I don't have any and have already reached my calorie limit for the day though so am just drinking some decaf coffee and hoping that it *might* keep me awake despite the lack of caffiene!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dita_parlo)
    I feel so terrible and fat. I just feel that I can't stop eating even though I know I need to lose the weight. Me and my boyfriend are really close to each other and last night he jokingly told me that my belly was "wobbling". Which I appreciate his honesty, I would rather be told that I was getting fatter than just blindy ignore it, but I felt SO down afterwards. He told me he was sorry for upsetting me, and then proceded to stroke and caress me everywhere to make me realise he loves my body :roll eyes: but I was so annoyed with myself for getting to this stage again. And then today my sister who I haven't seen for a while looked at me and said "wow your hips are really big aren't they?". I feel like this should be the kick I need to really start losing weight again, but today I have just binged on loads of rubbish, and I've just eaten ANOTHER bag of crisps and some maltesers at work. I just feel so down and don't know what to do - I LOVE food so much, I just don't love myself anymore. I want to lose weight but I comfort eat. I don't blame my boyfriend and sister, cos I'd prefer it if my family told me rather than some random strangers, but I feel so down and depressed. I try to eat healthiely but always fail. I'm destined to be a fattie. Sorry, rant over
    Jesus, that sucks ;console;

Did your sister really say that?? :eek: :mad: What a mean cow.

How much do your weigh and what is your height?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this'll work and have never done it before but thought I'd post up some progress pics as was just having one of those moments when you feel like despite loosing weight, you don't actually look any different but looking back at old pictures as kinda show me that I do!

Before: ~9 stone 2 (128lbs) I'm the girl on the left in the second picture.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    And after: 116-119lbs
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's awesome! :eek:

What diet have you been following?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by liladriel)
    And after: 116-119lbs
    you've got a nice smile and a lovely face and figure to boot! congrats

ReputationRep:
    You look great liladriel

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this'll work and have never done it before but thought I'd post up some progress pics as was just having one of those moments when you feel like despite loosing weight, you don't actually look any different but looking back at old pictures as kinda show me that I do!

Before: ~9 stone 2 (128lbs) I'm the girl on the left in the second picture.
    You look good!
    Can I say you also look like you dress well. The colour of the dress looks wowowweee on you and I LOVE the spotty top and choker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    No more than 6lbs healthily - whats your target?
    Not more than half a stone at the most really, so that sounds good. Going to hit the gym later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Wow that's awesome! :eek:

What diet have you been following?
    Thanks guys

I haven't really done a particular diet, just been doing a general healthy eating type thing, have cut out snacking, have smaller portions and try to limit carbs but not in a crazy Atkins-stlye manner - I think that's what's helped the most as before my typical meals were things like pasta, baguettes, rice etc but now I'm more likely to have a salad with tuna/chicken which regardless of carb content is much lower in calories.

Minimo -- thanks I think you have a really nice style from what I've seen you post in F&B.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys

I haven't really done a particular diet, just been doing a general healthy eating type thing, have cut out snacking, have smaller portions and try to limit carbs but not in a crazy Atkins-stlye manner - I think that's what's helped the most as before my typical meals were things like pasta, baguettes, rice etc but now I'm more likely to have a salad with tuna/chicken which regardless of carb content is much lower in calories.

Minimo -- thanks I think you have a really nice style from what I've seen you post in F&B.

Plus, everyone looses weight on law. It's so stressfuul :afraid:

How are you findng it?

ReputationRep:
    Just been for a swim and weighed myself and have only lost about 1/2 pound, if that, and that was probably only because of the time of day (I always seem smaller when I get up!). I last weighed myself a week ago. The past couple days before last Thursday I had been eating mostly healthy but was eating my chocolate from Christmas up. But from last Thursday-ish I have ate near enough healthy or what I think is anyway. I've been swimming 3 times (30mins) and done my Strictly Come Dancersize 3 times (40 mins) in the past week.

Do you think I need to do a bit more exercise, perhaps longer in the pool? Or could it be that some of the fat has turned to muscle (though I didn't think that happened straight away) because I do think I look like i've lost a little bit round the tummy area but that's probably just my imagination!

Thanks for helping guys, this is a great thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

Plus, everyone looses weight on law. It's so stressfuul :afraid:

How are you findng it?
    It is pretty stressful! Although I'm quite enjoying it so far It's not been too bad this term but then I haven't had a proper night out since I've been back so have had a lot of time to do work...although I really need to start being a bit more sociable or people will forget that I exist! Hmm. It's so hard to get the balance between having a life and actually getting through the insane amount of work. How are you finding law at Durham? Are you a second year?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2008
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.