The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

for tea i had quorn chicken peices i think they were about 100 cals sweet and sour sauce 59 cals and chicken flavoured rice 183 cals i didnt think that was too bad i have fruit all through the day such as apples bananas pears and pomergranites (dont really know the spelling of that )
and i have a cadburies highlights hot chocolate for 40 cals which will be my sweet fix everyday
Reply 4322
samdreamer05
and i have a cadburies highlights hot chocolate for 40 cals which will be my sweet fix everyday

Excellent :smile:
e y trying to lose weight or are you just amintaining your weight? if you don't mind me asking
sorry Meant to say are you trying...
Does anyone know what's up with all the low cal diet products? Like ready meals and such things.

I have them once in a blue moon, but yesterday I had a deadline to meet, so resorted to a WeightWatchers curry. It tasted nice, only 235 cals, 4.5g fat and quite filling.

But I can't help thinking it can't be healthy for me for me. It can't be good news, especially since I didnt recognise all the ingredients. Even if it's not calorific, what will it do to my body?
Reply 4326
samdreamer05
sorry Meant to say are you trying...

Yep I am trying to lose weight (Y)

I started off at 10stone 6lbs and am now 9 stone. Im only a little shorty though 5"2 so I would ideally like to get to 8 stone. I still look quite big even though my weight isnt that high.
well done for losing that weight. i would like to be 10st but am 15st 1lb and my bmi is so high and im 5ft 5

I try to have a low calorie diet but tend to stay away from ready meals as they are not always as satisfying as a meal that ive put together.
I started off and 12st 8 in september now I'm 10st 11 I want to lose at least another stone because I'm only 5"3.5
EDIT: my bmi was just over 30 when I started, now it's just under 26.
There are other people in this forum with a similar situation to you :smile:
Don't worry, everyone's really nice :biggrin:
wow thats really good. in 2003 i was 14 stone and then i was very ill and spent 4 weeks not eating a thing just drinking water. In the end i had to go to bristol hospital because i had a collapsed lung but i went down to 11 stone and its so frustrating because soon after i got out of hospital i just put all of that weight back on
Hi everyone, I'm an occasional lurker of this thread and thought I'd finally start posting. *waves*. Am trying to shift a couple of stone to get myself down to a healthy BMI which is a tad daunting at the moment but ah well, got to start somewhere I suppose.

At the moment I'm loving aquadrops, grapes and raisins for my sweet fix. Anymore suggestions for me?
I went to my local nurse to be weighed every week but all she kept saying was that i was clinically obese. it made me feel rather depressed and didnt give motivation to lose weight. I know it was probably a shock tactic but in my opinion it was the wrong way to go about it
Reply 4333
samdreamer05
well done for losing that weight. i would like to be 10st but am 15st 1lb and my bmi is so high and im 5ft 5

I try to have a low calorie diet but tend to stay away from ready meals as they are not always as satisfying as a meal that ive put together.

Everyone has to start somewhere and God knows I was the biggest binger/starver in the world. Once I confronted my problems with food the weight has just melted off really. All I have done is kept my food intake to a similar level every day and I intend to carry on with that approach. You'll be surprised at what cutting out a snack per day and taking an extra 20min walk can do :smile:
like i said before i have a cadburies highlights chocolate fudge drink which is only 40 cals and i find its a nice way to relax after school if i can just sit down and take a moment
Reply 4335
Crystal89
Hi everyone, I'm an occasional lurker of this thread and thought I'd finally start posting. *waves*. Am trying to shift a couple of stone to get myself down to a healthy BMI which is a tad daunting at the moment but ah well, got to start somewhere I suppose.

At the moment I'm loving aquadrops, grapes and raisins for my sweet fix. Anymore suggestions for me?

Apples apples apples :biggrin:

Big crunchy ones :smile: Mmm...

I would suggest Pink Lady ones but quite alot of people have been reccomending Jazz ones lately so I may give them a try.
today i went on a 30min walk and then did a 20 min aerobic session. even if you can fit in 10/20 mins it is better than nothing at all
i love bananas but they always get squashed in my school bag! and i dont have room in my bag for a box as i have so much school work to take
Reply 4338
samdreamer05
today i went on a 30min walk and then did a 20 min aerobic session. even if you can fit in 10/20 mins it is better than nothing at all

Exactly :smile: It really does all add up!

Good luck! Anyway Im off now

See everyone tomorrow x
thanx for your help!!

Latest