TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
samdreamer05
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always find that i say to myself that i will lose weight this time but i never stick to it. I really hope that i can do it this time because it is really upsetting going out with all my skinny friends that say they are fat
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
and btw how do you know who has given you rep??
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
you can't unless you're a sub. otherwise you rely on them telling you in their rep message.
today has been alright.probably mantienance but again another 7hour on my feet jobby and most of my intake was fruit/smoothie
annab1684
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have that too!
Seriously. I've tried to lose weight before and the most I ever lost was a stone and put it all back on again!
You can do it though
I'm 3lbs off having lost 2 stone this time around and it's going to stay that way
You've just got to get the right attitude. You can still have sweets (I do) or whatever you like but then I don't eat tea or I just have a piece of toast.
Also if I'm going out for a meal for lunch of dinner I won't have much breakfast or lunch so that I can enjoy myself when I go out.
As for the skinny friends, it's hard but just try and ignore them :/
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was having a discussion with one of my friends last night, as I've been feeling unhappy about my weight lately.. The both of us started crying, cos she's really skinny and trying to put on weight, and I'm well - not fat at all , but not a size where I'm comfortable with and want to lose weight... So there she was, thinking I was insane to want to lose weight, and I was thinking she was strange wanting to put weight on..

I've never really thought about that side of the story, it has apparently been quite hard on her, because in our group of friends we've had a couple of people with EDs...

We decided that the best option would befor us to share a little bit
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanx about the rep info.
And thanks for the reasurrance. i find thats what you need to encourage you. And well done for the weight you've lost. I also find i get impatient about losing the weight even though if i try my hardest there is nothing i can do to speed it up. If you dont mind me asking how much per week do you think you lose??
sauce
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by samdreamer05)
And thanks for the reasurrance. i find thats what you need to encourage you. And well done for the weight you've lost. I also find i get impatient about losing the weight even though if i try my hardest there is nothing i can do to speed it up. If you dont mind me asking how much per week do you think you lose??
first of all it could be anything from 3-6lbs cus it just is :p:(kirsty can explain better!) and then it should flucutate and hopefully be around 2lbs a week. just eat healthier in the long run dont focus on a quick fix diet
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I told my bro he was in no position to comment on my food/exercise and I didn't appreciate it and he was the one who walked off in a huff and is refusing to speak to me. You'd never think he was 29 *rolls eyes*!

Hopefully this place will help keep us on track hey!! =) The guy who did my induction at the gym told me to not give up (and also that if anyone at the gym bothered me, I wasn't sure about something or the guys wouldn't share free weights with me that he'd sort them out lol!). I think probs the most important think is that; to not give up when you get a setback.
Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
zomg I suck! Had like 2500 calories today. Ooooops Never mind eh? Tomorrow is another day
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm definately going down the healthy eating route not some wierd wheatgrass or pea soup diet eeww!!
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
this might sound a bit corny but im so glad i have found this site with people going through the same as me because i think it will really help keep me focused
sauce
Report 10 years ago
thats great to hear
and that's fine carreh :hugs: it's a lifestyle change and everyone's allowed to eat a little more now and then
sauce
Report 10 years ago
this might sound a bit corny but im so glad i have found this site with people going through the same as me because i think it will really help keep me focused
:hugs: nah not corny at all, it's great to have new members. I was in a very similar posiition as you before I started my healthy eating. I haven't weighed myself in a while cus I feel like I've put on weight but I feel a lot healthier and look a lot better now. I have a lot more energy I've decided to stop weighing myself as of recent though, to begin with was denial but also because I don't think weight is that accurate a measure with weight loss unless you do it quite rarely for a general idea. Also it can cause you to become obsessive. All the best, I know you can do this
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
has anyone tried slimming world. i think its really wierd that you have to eat loads to be able to loase weight. admittedly you have to eat the right foods on the right colour day but i find it odd that you can eat loads and lose weight but you might not lose weight if you dont eat enough
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you come up with the weighing problem at slimming world because you're getting weighed infront of all these people and when you are all talking in the big group they read out how much you have lost or gained. I didn't like that part especially
Carreh
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
and that's fine carreh :hugs: it's a lifestyle change and everyone's allowed to eat a little more now and then
Meh I shouldnt have really, I am really trying to get out of this rut
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe you might be able to pull yourself out of the rut if you think about something to motivate you. Maybe you might be able to do something or fit into something that you have wanted to for ages??
annab1684
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
1lb most weeks.
Sometimes 2
sometimes 0
sometimes I go up
But I keep going !
xxxx
EDIT: to start with I lost 4lbs for a couple of weeks. I think you loose all your water weight or something? Someone else will explain better.
samdreamer05
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im always scared i'll just think oh what's the point and give up but i think i will definately do it this time
Carreh
Report 10 years ago
maybe you might be able to pull yourself out of the rut if you think about something to motivate you. Maybe you might be able to do something or fit into something that you have wanted to for ages??
Oh I just need to get my act together again and start back on the sensible eating and exercise jazz.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (84)
26.09%
No (238)
73.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed