TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
puppy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
The degree should be your primary focus :hugs: A degree is temporary and a chance you should seize. Diets will always be around.

What are you studying?
Classics. I'm nearly done now... waiting to hear from Oxford about an art history Masters
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
You could be right.

I've never seen any shops that stock a size zero/size4 anyway :eek:

Have you guys?
Gap do
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
tufts, what's your BMI at the moment? It must be about 20?
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Classics. I'm nearly done now... waiting to hear from Oxford about an art history Masters
Good luck with that

Where are you studying classics at the mo?
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Gap do
Do they now? :ninja: I'll have to check that out next time I'm there

(Original post by Saffie)
tufts, what's your BMI at the moment? It must be about 20?
I have no idea :confused:
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Totally can't believe I'm doing this, I look so hideous!
Attached files
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Good luck with that

Where are you studying classics at the mo?
Cambridge, not sure I could spend another year here though.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Honey, that's not bad at all :hugs: By the way you were describing it I was expecting someone FAT not merely a little overweight.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Honey, that's not bad at all :hugs: By the way you were describing it I was expecting someone FAT not merely a little overweight.
Well you say that, but you haven't seen me in a leotard!
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
I have no idea :confused:
it would be a good idea for you to find out. then you can judge how much is healthy for you to lose.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
it would be a good idea for you to find out. then you can judge how much is healthy for you to lose.
Does it take into account muscle mass? Because otherwise it is no good for me. I have a high percentage of lean muscle because of my strength training (muscle is heavier than fat, hence why I never weigh myself)
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Does it take into account muscle mass? Because otherwise it is no good for me. I have a high percentage of lean muscle because of my strength training (muscle is heavier than fat, hence why I never weigh myself)
well to an extent it does, we all have different amounts of muscle, after all.

you'll probably find your BMI is still low even with a higher than usual % of muscle mass.

and that would be even more reason for you to stop dieting.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It contrasts with clothes sizing though.

The size of my clothes tell me that I could be smaller and still be healthy :confused:
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
It contrasts with clothes sizing though.

The size of my clothes tell me that I could be smaller and still be healthy :confused:
thats not true at all.
just because people make size 6 or size 4 clothes, it doesn't mean it's healthy to be that size.

just as there might be size 20 clothes, that isn't healthy either.

i really doubt you have much more fat on your body to lose.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Ugh, all my jumpers are a 12 or 14... have some size 14 jogging bottoms too, and some dresses. I don't fully understand how I'm that big because I don't look fully obese. I look overweight, I can kind of feel myself waddle when I'm walking along and I can feel the fat over me wobbling everywhere when I move. I think I weigh about 9st 10lb at 5'1" which makes me medically overweight
I swear it, you don't look big. You do look VERY muscly tho - your legs and thighs are pretty damn toned - I'm taller than you and weigh less, but my thighs are flabby as hell unless they're held in by tights mwahahaa.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
nah, you don't look that big for sure. I do understand what you mean, however, when you say that you feel like you have a layer of fat over the muscle, coz like I say, a lot of you eg lower legs is very toned.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Uuuggghhhhh!!!

I lost a bit of weight over the Christmas holidays and I've put it all, and more, back on since. I've just find out that my brother's girlfriend has decided, again, that she wants me to be a bridesmaid in the summer. I really want to lose a stone but with being at uni I doubt I could even lose 3lbs
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I swear it, you don't look big. You do look VERY muscly tho - your legs and thighs are pretty damn toned - I'm taller than you and weigh less, but my thighs are flabby as hell unless they're held in by tights mwahahaa.
Yeah I am quite muscly, I carry most of it in my thighs as you say, I always think I carry fat there but it's actually pretty much solid until you get right to the very top. My arms are getting fairly strong too from gymnastics, I'm still podgy round the middle unfortunately! I put on muscle in my legs stupidly quickly, the minute I do any sport they just spring back in to shape. My legs are the only decent part of my body!

You probably saw rather too much of them the other day, I imagine I was too drunk to protect my modesty!
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey

Just wondering if someone could recommend something high in protein for me to eat after gym?? I've heard that you should eat before it's been two hours, and after stretching, shower and bus back home it's normally been 2 hours-ish, so I would need something that I can bring to the gym and have on the bus back.. Any ideas?!?
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CheesyBeans)
Uuuggghhhhh!!!

I lost a bit of weight over the Christmas holidays and I've put it all, and more, back on since. I've just find out that my brother's girlfriend has decided, again, that she wants me to be a bridesmaid in the summer. I really want to lose a stone but with being at uni I doubt I could even lose 3lbs
What has caused you to put the weight back on? General naughtiness or stress or medial problem? :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads