Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    You're right. There are plenty of people who are size 6 and unhappy. Loosing weight will not cure your depression.

You need to focus on getting better mentally. Then, when you like yourself more, a desire to look after your body will fall into place.

Your first priority is your mental health :hugs:
    That's so true Tufts

I was bigger when I was unhappy because I turned to food more and consequently ate much more than I should have. Food became much more of a bigger deal and all I could think about was when the next meal/snack would be although I was never really unhappy because I was bigger if that makes sense. Hopefully now if I'd find coping mechanisms other than food if I needed to.

I don't think I'm happier because I'm thinner now but I defitely feel more confident and treat my body with more respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    You're right. There are plenty of people who are size 6 and unhappy. Loosing weight will not cure your depression.

You need to focus on getting better mentally. Then, when you like yourself more, a desire to look after your body will fall into place.

Your first priority is your mental health :hugs:
    That has never been my first priority, ever, I'll do everything but properly take care of that. I can't hold up my whole life for that. It's a nice sentiment, but it's just not realistic, I have to learn to do stuff even when I feel like ****, instead of just sitting here staring into space.

ReputationRep:
    Arg such a bad day food-wise yday. Am working on a film atm so long long hours and no breaks, yday i had a crunchie, bag of crisps for lunch (that's all we had) and chips and a battered sausage at about 9 pm when we were done for the day. So so bad!! =( Haven't been to the gym since Thursday either cos of leaving for work at 7 i nthe morning n getting back at half 11 - midnight.

Depression is sucky. I know what it's like to want to cry all the time for seemingly no reason, and not want to get up in the morning and feel like there's no point to anything. You're right you do have to fight it. For me it was even just getting up. That was a few years ago now. Took some fighting, and I get scared of being like that again. I just have to force myself to do things I sometimes don't want to do and do what makes me happy, rather than what anyone else thinks I should be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Arg such a bad day food-wise yday. Am working on a film atm so long long hours and no breaks, yday i had a crunchie, bag of crisps for lunch (that's all we had) and chips and a battered sausage at about 9 pm when we were done for the day. So so bad!! =( Haven't been to the gym since Thursday either cos of leaving for work at 7 i nthe morning n getting back at half 11 - midnight.

Depression is sucky. I know what it's like to want to cry all the time for seemingly no reason, and not want to get up in the morning and feel like there's no point to anything. You're right you do have to fight it. For me it was even just getting up. That was a few years ago now. Took some fighting, and I get scared of being like that again. I just have to force myself to do things I sometimes don't want to do and do what makes me happy, rather than what anyone else thinks I should be doing.
    ;console;

Will work be like that for a long time?? That's a lot!!!! Maybe you could do some exercise during your lunch break or something? And bring some proper food with you for lunch as well, maybe a salad or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilSheep)
    ;console;

Will work be like that for a long time?? That's a lot!!!! Maybe you could do some exercise during your lunch break or something? And bring some proper food with you for lunch as well, maybe a salad or something?
    Gonna be like it for the next week and a half... actually don't have a day off for another 14 days (juggling 2 jobs). Don't get a lunch break either, there was just a bag full of crisps and chocolates to grab something in a few minutes in between takes...

I take a lunchbox with loadsa fruit in it but it was locked in someone's car yday and I was running around like a crazy kid all day and although it sounds stupid didn't get a chance to go get it. I'm just carrying fruit in my pockets tomorrow lol.

ReputationRep:
    working on a film?

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmmmm wholemeal uncut bread :love:

I had to buy skimmed milk today cos they had no semi-skimmed :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)

I had to buy skimmed milk today cos they had no semi-skimmed :hmpf:
    What's wrong with skimmed milk?

Skimmed milk FTW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

Skimmed milk FTW!
    It's essentially just water. It makes really crappy tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

Skimmed milk FTW!
    It has absolutely no taste. It's skanky!

It has absolutely no taste. It's skanky!
    what shop did u find no semi skimmed? of ANY kind?
    we get a right *******ing by managers if that happens...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    Well, they had it [co op], but only 4 and 6 pinters, which cant fit in the fridge.

And yes, I know how it feels to be *******ed for lack of milk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    It's essentially just water. It makes really crappy tea.
    You can train yourself to like it. That's what I did You get used to it after a few weeks. Now I cant drink any other kind of milk in my tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    It's always the other way around in supermarkets up here.

Well, they had it [co op], but only 4 and 6 pinters, which cant fit in the fridge.

And yes, I know how it feels to be *******ed for lack of milk!
    that's what working/having at worked at a supermarket does to you :five:

ReputationRep:
    I love skimmed milk - either skimmed or Alpro Soya Light

mmm jelly

ReputationRep:
    Crosstrainer time! :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    You can train yourself to like it. That's what I did You get used to it after a few weeks. Now I cant drink any other kind of milk in my tea
    No offense, but that's not living. I'm not training myself to like skimmed milk when there's basically no fat in semi skimmed milk anyway. I'm starting to wonder if you have problems with food, rather than just a desire to be thin. You're obviously tiny and yet you're still training yourself to eat tasteless rabbit food.

ReputationRep:
    When you get used to the taste of skimmed milk you don't like the taste of semi-skimmed. It's not training yourself to like tasteless rabbit food, it's just getting used to the slightly different taste of a healthier version.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.