TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
King Hippo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
You may say "you need other foods", "your way of eating isn't healthy", "where's the vitamins?" But I will respond with "It may not be how you would conduct your diets but DAMN it's woriking! Out of all the diets I have ever tried, this diet, MY diet is the most effective! It is also THE only diet I am able to stick to for months (even years!) on end. And for that :king1: it's my baby.
Exactly, but it's been effective INCLUDING your regular baked potatoes. If you keep dropping stuff like that you're going to end up unhealthy, pet. Losing weight's fine but losing nutrients is silly.

Fair enough, if you "loosen the reins" as you put it your body may be more tempted to expect dodgier food, but tightening the reins even more than you are now could stop being beneficial.

When you're in a hot air balloon it's good to release the pressure slightly every now and then so the balloon deflates and you can slowly go back down to the ground. You're threatening to fire a shotgun at the thing.
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Once I start ranging my food intake, then I get into dangerous waters. The wider the variety of food, the more likely I am to binge.

If I restrict my diet to a select few food groups, my body becomes trained to expect them and only them. My body is in that state now. It would like chocolate fudge cake, but it does not expect some. It knows that when my friend orders chocolate donuts and a cheese pasty from Greggs, that I will not be ordering some. I will order a bottle of water. End of. My body knows this. If I start loosening the reigns, my body will begin to become comfortable with the thought of eating almost anything! :eek: Sod that!

You may say "you need other foods", "your way of eating isn't healthy", "where's the vitamins?" But I will respond with "It may not be how you would conduct your diets but DAMN it's woriking! Out of all the diets I have ever tried, this diet, MY diet is the most effective! It is also THE only diet I am able to stick to for months (even years!) on end. And for that :king1: it's my baby.
did u read my post above tufty :puppyeyes:
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Source?

It's the lowest fat item on their menu (in fact the menu lists it as so)
The Pasta in a Tomato and Basil Sauce is listed as 450 calories per portion, if you're concerned about the baked potato and beans, then why not swap it to the pasta?
To be honest though if you're eating the baked potato and beans a few times a week and you're maintaining your weight then I wouldn't be concerned at all.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tufts, no offense hon, but you seriously have to think about what you're doing to yourself. Is wasting away just for the sake of a dress size worth your health? Eating healthily and eating limited amounts of certain foods are very different things. Be totally honest on here or to yourself, how much do you eat a day? How many calories do you consume a day? What do you define to be bingeing or over eating and why do you think you do it? Cutting out food isn't the way to go for your body,and just because it works for you or your body doesn't make it the right thing to do.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
Tufts :wavey: only 2.1g of that is saturated!!!!! you need to watch out for these fats not normal "fats" these are beneficial to your diet and make you feel satisfied sweetness under 3g saturated fat is generally seen as a "low fat food".
Also with a DRESSED side salad, this is probably where most of the "fat" comes from and you said you only pick at the salad!!!!
600 calories though babe. For ONE meal. That's excessive. I feel almost sick that I've been ignorantly doing that 3 times a week I assumed that was the best thing on Spoon's menu, and perhaps it is! In which case its diet cokes from now on. I'm going to Spoons tonight. I've warned boyfriend about the new inability to eat jacket potatoes and he knows he will be ordering food alone. I'll happily sit beside him and drink my coke and chat. No problems. I've cut so much out of my diet, one more item will make little difference. I know I have the discipline.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Envy Eyes)
The Pasta in a Tomato and Basil Sauce is listed as 450 calories per portion, if you're concerned about the baked potato and beans, then why not swap it to the pasta?
To be honest though if you're eating the baked potato and beans a few times a week and you're maintaining your weight then I wouldn't be concerned at all.
That is a more attractive proposition But it still has 18 grams of fat. I was always taught that when you are on a diet you should not eat more than 5grams of fat per meal.
Crisps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everything can be eaten, its just that some things need to be eaten in moderation. Your body needs saturated fats, juast not too much, so as long as you eat something thats relatively high in sat fats occasionally, but also by sticking to the healthy diet and making sure you're getting your RDAs of everything else you should be fine. I'm not on a diet as such, I'm just cutting out the regular naughtiness I used to have and eating naughty foods in moderation. Your body still needs occasional fatty food as you need fat to survive, most of your energy comes from the fat you consume, and your body will rely on its fat reserves at times of low energy or food intake, for example, when you are ill. I eat healthily, but I still treat myself to chips or something every once in a while. Besides, your body will crave such things, and if you cut them out for too long you'll be craving them even more.
Crisps
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
That is a more attractive proposition But it still has 18 grams of fat. S I was always taught that when you are on a diet you should not eat more than 5grams of fat per meal.
5 grams?? you're kidding right? I think the femaile RDA of fat is 70g! [about 15-20g of that saturated]
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
Tufts, no offense hon, but you seriously have to think about what you're doing to yourself. Is wasting away just for the sake of a dress size worth your health? Eating healthily and eating limited amounts of certain foods are very different things. Be totally honest on here or to yourself, how much do you eat a day? How many calories do you consume a day? What do you define to be bingeing or over eating and why do you think you do it? Cutting out food isn't the way to go for your body,and just because it works for you or your body doesn't make it the right thing to do.
:hugs: I really appreciate the concern, but I think I should make clear that I don't have an ED. I eat 4 meals per day - and snacks! :eek: That doesn't sound like any eating disorder I've heard of. To answer your questions:

Is wasting away just for the sake of a dress size worth your health?

Where do you draw the line between "wasting away" and "loosing weight"? Someone who drops from a size 14 to a size 12 could be regarded as "wasting away" on that logic. Does wasting away mean 'getting smaller'? :confused: Bare in mind that I'm only 5ft and this is a 'healthy' size for me. Even size zero would be healthy for my height!

Be totally honest on here or to yourself, how much do you eat a day?

Approx 4 meals. 3 snacks.

How many calories do you consume a day?

I don't count calories. I used to but then I found myself being SO anal that I would count to the latter and would freak out if I didnt know exactily how much a large bannana contained. Now THAT is verging on an ED. So I jacked in all that. If I know roughly how many calories a meal contains, that is good enough for me

What do you define to be bingeing or over eating and why do you think you do it?

4 bowls of bran flakes one after the other is binging. I do that now and then. But at least the guilt is minimal due to the type of food.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crisps)
Besides, your body will crave such things, and if you cut them out for too long you'll be craving them even more.
I hear people saying this. And I've come to the conclusion that I must have some kind of super bod. :p: Because the exact reverse is true for me. The longer I go without the food, the less my body craves it. It's been months since I ate a single piece of chocolate, and you know what? I never even think about it
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tufts I never said you had an ED nor was I implying it. I just expressing my concern that you're not eating enough. I used the word wasting away because you were talking about size 6 clothes etc. Nevermind.
Crisps
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it might mean less than 5g of SATURATED fat, as you only should eat about 20g of that a day, but you should definately be eating around 70g of fat...
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
Tufts I never said you had an ED nor was I implying it. I just expressing my concern that you're not eating enough. I used the word wasting away because you were talking about size 6 clothes etc. Nevermind.
Yes size 6 :eek: I was shopping with mum yesterday and we were looking for suits for me. We found a lovely waistcoat suit in Next. I picked up a size 6 and mum said "You'll never get into that!" so I also picked up a size 8 and took both to the dressing room (accompanied by mum). The first size I tried on was the 6, and it fitted! :eek: LOL you should have seen the look on her face. Priceless.

Money can't buy this crap :p:

Anyhoo, being 5ft, size 6 is perfectly acceptable. As I said before, size 4 would be acceptable. I'm not going to become annorexic. There will come a point where my weight will cease to decline and will stop at a certain point. Because I eat 4 meals per day and snacks and exercise regularly. That's the way its always going to be.
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
That is a more attractive proposition But it still has 18 grams of fat. I was always taught that when you are on a diet you should not eat more than 5grams of fat per meal.
Well I'm also a member on Sparkpeople.com (free diet plan site, it's amazing, join!) and although I make up my own meal plans, I still use their nutrition tracker to add up all food I'm eating and it says my daily goal is to eat 42-74 grams of fat a day, so I wouldn't blink an eyelid at 18 grams! Besides it's pasta, and that always fills me up for ages, seems perfect for lunch or dinner to me .

Great, now I am craving pasta haha :rolleyes:.
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
I hear people saying this. And I've come to the conclusion that I must have some kind of super bod. :p: Because the exact reverse is true for me. The longer I go without the food, the less my body craves it. It's been months since I ate a single piece of chocolate, and you know what? I never even think about it
This is true for me as well, a lot of the foods I used to eat quite often I haven't touched since I began dieting last April. Although I've not been as extreme as you have (cutting out chocolate :eek: blasphemy! hehe) I've cut out pretty much all fast-food, fried chips, etc and I can't say I crave really either. In fact, 2 weeks ago I had a chippy for the first time since I started dieting and I was almost sick after I ate it from the amount of grease I could taste in my mouth. Watching 'You are What You Eat' has helped put me off as well!
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crisps)
I think it might mean less than 5g of SATURATED fat, as you only should eat about 20g of that a day, but you should definitely be eating around 70g of fat...
Your right.
Crisps
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
Your right.
:proud:

Lunch time soon, tuna salad baguette I think...
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just made a fatless swiss roll (in the sense no butter/margarine is added to it), and a big pot of lentil and bean soup!
King Hippo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Anyhoo, being 5ft, size 6 is perfectly acceptable. As I said before, size 4 would be acceptable. I'm not going to become annorexic. There will come a point where my weight will cease to decline and will stop at a certain point. Because I eat 4 meals per day and snacks and exercise regularly. That's the way its always going to be.
That's not really true though, pet.

Your "4 meals a day" aren't substantial. Bran flakes doesn't count as a full meal. Ryvita doesn't count as a full meal.

I don't want you waiting for this magical point where your weight "ceases to decline" because it might not happen. Exercising regularly doesn't mean you're going to stop losing weight, it means you're going to burn even more fat.

You need some fat, Tufty, or you'll risk doing yourself some serious harm.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Serious harm occurs when I drop bellow a weight that my height dictates is unhealthy. I have a long way before I even approach the 'danger zone'.

Worry not, my dear friends

*sniff* I love you all :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads