TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
beebeeworm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not saying they don't make profit, but it can be successful for some people who struggle counting calories or knowing what to eat.

I personally prefer to count calories, but WW provide an alternative and I see no problem with that.
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
if I did that i'd hae to have some reduced fat cheese as well. i dont really like eggs in many forms on their own except scrambeled :eating:
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by beebeeworm)
I'm not saying they don't make profit, but it can be successful for some people who struggle counting calories or knowing what to eat.

I personally prefer to count calories, but WW provide an alternative and I see no problem with that.
I'm advising Silverwings the same way I would advise any of my other friends or my family: there are better, more effective and healthier ways to loose weight - and keep it off. I'm not neccessarily prescribing that she go anal like me and limit herself to certain foods, but relying on a company, whose main objective is to make money from her 'fat', is not the best way.
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
if I did that i'd hae to have some reduced fat cheese as well. i dont really like eggs in many forms on their own except scrambeled :eating:
I reckon adding mushrooms and peppers would be a plan
sauce
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by twiga)
i dont like mushrooms either gosh i sound really fussy maybe just tomato ketchup with egg whites...im such a wierdo lol
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by twiga)
Mm that sounds really good.. I might have to have an omelette this morn, I've not had one for ages! I think I'm going to do it with 2 whites and half a yolk though, gives it a bit more flavour for not very many more cals.
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i dont like mushrooms either gosh i sound really fussy maybe just tomato ketchup with egg whites...im such a wierdo lol
Lol sounds like an interesting combination! I never really liked mushrooms until this yr at uni
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
SilverWings!! You could take up yoga or a martial art (do it! do it!! ) with your friend instead of WW... That way it would be helpful cos you'd be exercising and make new friends! And learn new skills...
sauce
Report 10 years ago
i wanna take up martial arts it is brilliant to keep fit and keep safe :yy:
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by beebeeworm)
Mm that sounds really good.. I might have to have an omelette this morn, I've not had one for ages! I think I'm going to do it with 2 whites and half a yolk though, gives it a bit more flavour for not very many more cals.
How many cals does a white + yolk have?
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
about 77 I think... there's about 60 in an egg yolk and 17 in a white.
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
SilverWings!! You could take up yoga or a martial art (do it! do it!! ) with your friend instead of WW... That way it would be helpful cos you'd be exercising and make new friends! And learn new skills...
I can't imagine either of us doing either of those things - plus, that only takes care of PART of my excersise, WW does it all at the moment [OK, OK, I admit I did it partially to save me the mental exertion] :p:

We're going to excersise together regularly too, so I can get out of the house and she can get away from the baby

We're gonna go swimming and go for walks and stuff :proud:
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Helloooo

I remember asking if someone could tell me which of the Trinny and Suzannah shapes I was but it was hard for people to decide because I didn't have a full length pic. So here's one and it would be great if people could tell me...I'm thinking vase?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...79&expand=true
Attached files
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SilverWings)
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't really be paying someone to basically count calories for me and weigh me once a week - I can do it myself and it's a lot cheaper [and yeah, I probably would end up eating healthier if I did it myself], but I have many reasons for doing it, really.

> My friend is doing it alongside me - she's just had a baby and obviously didn't want to show up alone and stuff and I said that £5 a week [since I am trying to lose weight anyway, and hadn't got round to starting a diet] was nothing, even to just keep her company.

> I've only been to one meeting and I have already made friends - friends are something I need right now [especially ones close geographically and not scattered in unis across the country], so I reckon that's worth it also.

> I've always wanted someone to just dictate to me what I should eat, when, and on what days - and do the same for me for excersise. This practically does that, which I like, even if it's probably not a great idea to get a company to decide on what you eat etc.

> My life is a big black emoty pit, I need something to fill a part of it, and I needed to loose weight. :p:

I'm not expecting you to go "Oh, weight watchers rocks then!!" or anything, just letting you know I'm not some brainless sheep just going because I think it makes me healthier and will be some kind of wonder cure!! The people at my meeting are quite cool, as well - even if they are all old fogies that were amazed to see two young girls like me and my friend show up!! :p:

[EDIT] Oh yeah, and I'm not planning on just eating weight watchers stuff, also. Which I think counts for something. I'm being all healthy with it, rather than just going out and buying a load of ready meals and thinking I'm being healthy. I even ate dried apricots the other day - I NEVER eat fruit [even when I lost my weight before (since I was on low carb)]. Oh dear - I've just realised. Low carb and now weight watchers, you guys must think I am the most unhealthy weight loss person ever ever.
Good luck!
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Good luck!
Thankyou!!

I am on 23 points a day!! :proud:

I haven't had any yet today, I should really get some brekkie...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SilverWings)
Thankyou!!

I am on 23 points a day!! :proud:

I haven't had any yet today, I should really get some brekkie...
WW rice pudding is awesome. I love it ;yes;
Whistle_1989
Report 10 years ago
Heyyy =D

After a bit of a pig out yesterday i still managed to lose a pound :/

The world works in mysterious ways ... but i like em lol!

Today am back on it, have had a tangarine so far but gonna have a jacket potato for lunch hopefully and some diet coke

xxx
sauce
Report 10 years ago
chinese tonight
:vroam:
Whistle_1989
Report 10 years ago
chinese tonight
:vroam:
Yummage =D
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Helloooo

I remember asking if someone could tell me which of the Trinny and Suzannah shapes I was but it was hard for people to decide because I didn't have a full length pic. So here's one and it would be great if people could tell me...I'm thinking vase?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...79&expand=true
Looking good in the full length pic, Minimo
I think you fit most with "vase" from that shape guide.

I have no idea what I would be...probably vase too. I think that guide is more for older women though as a lot of the comments are about "sagging" etc. Haha, guess we all have that to look forward to
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
26.86%
No (177)
73.14%

Watched Threads