The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Healthy means eating 3 balanced and filling meals a day.
Reply 5361
Tufts
Cause I'm 5ft :redface: So technically I could be smaller and still be healthy.

No, you're already healthy now. I'm worried about you hun, you just seem to eat bran flakes and apples and you excercise LOADS. You're already thin and you're small. Someone who is your size and is a foot taller is going to be heavier. If I was you in your situation, I'd just mantain weight rather than lose more. If you lose much more you'll be blown over every time the wind picks up!
Tufts

What's the minimum healthy weight for 5ft?

My parents came to visit me at uni today and both said that I looked v.slim but don't want me to lose anymore weight although I could probably weight quite a bit less and still be in the healthy range. Oh well. I've lost quite a bit of weight since I started so will be happy to maintain what I am now as I put on weight v.easily so my maintenance daily calorie limit is pretty low anyway.
Tufts

ermmm I think not, you get any smaller you will be much too thin and will have all sorts of health issues.
BlackHawk
http://www.1is2fat.com/images/chart.gif

Women who are 5' should be between 100 and 150 lbs which is 7.14 - 10.7 stone. So technically Tufts is 1.14 stone underweight.

10.7 stone is healthy for a 5ft woman?! :eek:
I posted a better link :p:
BlackHawk

Isn't that chart for men?!? :s-smilie: (Just asking, it said something about men there, lol)

Edit: saw the new link!
this one's quite good, if you click on it, it gets bigger. . http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/healthyweight/heightweightchart/
BlackHawk
According to that 10st is my max. ideal weight. GREAT. :hmpf:

**** that, anyway. If I get down to 11 I will be OVER the ****ing moon :redface:
Reply 5370
Does anyone know if rowing machines make thigh muscles bigger?:confused:
Reply 5371
Crisps
No, you're already healthy now. I'm worried about you hun, you just seem to eat bran flakes and apples and you excercise LOADS. You're already thin and you're small. Someone who is your size and is a foot taller is going to be heavier. If I was you in your situation, I'd just mantain weight rather than lose more. If you lose much more you'll be blown over every time the wind picks up!

Awww Chris. You are so lovely :redface: :love:
Reply 5372
Hmmmm I haven't weighed myself in a while. It's not really a habit I want to get into :s-smilie:
Reply 5373
Maybe you should weigh yourself and check your BMI, clothes sizes arent really indicative of anything.
Reply 5374
Screw that weight/height chart! It depresses me no end, because to even reach my max weight i would need to lose another 3 stone. Screw that! Ill lose weight until I am happy with what I am. Ive lost like 5.5 stone already. I aiming for 7 so...
Reply 5375
ouch. apples are giving me uber trapped wind :frown:

Sounds hillarious but its actually quite painful.
Too many apples gives you the ****s
Carreh
Screw that weight/height chart! It depresses me no end, because to even reach my max weight i would need to lose another 3 stone. Screw that! Ill lose weight until I am happy with what I am. Ive lost like 5.5 stone already. I aiming for 7 so...

Thats exactly how you should be doing things. For a lot of people i've seen in practice for weight loss advice, achieving a normal BMI is impossible.

If you can reach a weight your happy with thats all that matters.
Carreh

That's amazing! You should be so incredibly proud!!! :biggrin: Screw the chart lady!

My max weight on that is 12.5 stone... I weighed that late end of 2006 and I'm still wearing the same clothes as I did then... I also weighed that when I was 15 (same size clothes!) but I have a LOT more muscle than I did then and am fitter... Bodies are weird, especially mine :|
Right, Tufts this isn't a rant at you i promise - i'm just trying to get some perspective here.

Now i'm 5ft1 - so one inch taller than tufts.
I'm a size 10-12 and i'd say i'm probably a bit of a pear shape. I believe i'm around 9 stone - probably a bit over, so in theory i probably need to lose a few pounds to be within normal bmi range. :redface:

Now, i think i look healthier like this than i could ever do, if i was a size 6..

I know every body is different and all that malarky..
But i defintiely don't look overweight (though i feel it with the amount of food i'm ingesting at the mo :cool:) and nobody would ever consider me to be overweight..

Ideally, i think somewhere aorund 8 and a half stone would be the best weight for me.. so i've got around half a stone to lose.

But i just really can't see how 7 stone or a size 6 at my height is even healthy? I wouldn't be able to give blood for one.. and i don't think i've been a size six since i was 13 years old and didn't have ya know, boobs or hips then :s-smilie: Bmi isn't such a good indicator as your body fat percentage is it?

Again like i said this isn't a rant - i just don't geddit really :redface:

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show