Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    TBH, I dont think you should post daily accounts of what your eating, it isn't healthy or sustainable and posting it in such a thread may be influencing people easily influenced, having low self esteem or verging on an eating disorder and you making people think that living on bran flakes and cutting out essential foods and groups is healthy certainly wont be of any help to anyone.

I agree, I don't think it's a good idea and it wouldn't really do people any good comparing themselves to everyone else

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked the idea of hearing what other people ate, so I could gain food ideas.

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea too, as long as people don't get obsessive about it... it could also help people with their diets who are struggling to lose weight and give them ideas.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Cereal for breakfast, toasted ham sandwich for lunch. Then hot dogs for dinner. Gonna have a small chocolate snack later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    I like the idea too, as long as people don't get obsessive about it... it could also help people with their diets who are struggling to lose weight and give them ideas.
    Indeed.

And if you have a very limited diet like me, you could potentially widen your horizons with some ideas from other people's diets

ReputationRep:
    But Tufts would you actually use anyone's ideas? If you won't even eat a jacket potato any more when you used to enjoy them then I doubt you'd eat anything else people are eating.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just check with the mods - if they agree, then we can do it - afterall it wasn't really us who said it had to stop, it was the mods! I think it would need close moderating, but moderation is something i know little about.

On another note, there is a similar thing running on the BBC food messageboard: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbfood/F2670469?thread=4731857

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beebeeworm)
    But Tufts would you actually use anyone's ideas? If you won't even eat a jacket potato any more when you used to enjoy them then I doubt you'd eat anything else people are eating.
    I'm open to new fruits and vegitables. The only ones I like are bannanas and apples so far

I worry that seeing what other people eat listed in detail wouldn't be a good idea, it just gets competitive and makes some feel guilty and fat because of what they eat. I fear that compared to what some people here probably eat each day I would look like a big fat food monster and I don't think that is good at all. Food ideas can be shared without listing in detail everything that passes your lips. It would be interesting to read though..

ReputationRep:
    I can't see why we can't document what we have been eating, how can we advise each other on what to eat and not to eat if we don't know what people are eating anyway? Theres not much of a reason for this thread existing if you can ask about your eating patterns...

I don't really want to know about people's food intakes for the day so perhaps we could spoil them if you are gunna post them?

(Original post by Carreh)
    I don't really want to know about people's food intakes for the day so perhaps we could spoil them if you are gunna post them?
    thats an excellent suggestion if it were to be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    I'm open to new fruits and vegitables. The only ones I like are bannanas and apples so far
    Why not just try some new ones? Strawberries, grapes, raspberries, kiwis, oranges, melon, pineapple.. all so good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beebeeworm)
    Why not just try some new ones? Strawberries, grapes, raspberries, kiwis, oranges, melon, pineapple.. all so good!
    Ooooh I like the idea of strawberries! :eating:

Do they have seeds or pips or anything nasty like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envy Eyes)
    I'm sure there's a pancakes recipe in one of my mums weight watcher's recipe books, I can look it out if you'd like?
    You've probably got the right idea though, everything that pancakes taste good with is fatty lol, and one is never enough.

nope it's okay thank you!! i know i'll eat too much if i try to make one :p: pancakes are supposed to be fattening so i'm not going to ruin my pancake experience by attempting healthy pancakes :eek: i should save myself for next feb when i'll obviously be nice and slim after my dieting (:p: :rolleyes:) so i can enjoy them then.

ah well, i hope everyone else enjoys their pancakes anyway!! (:hmpf:)

Oh and guys, i wasn't trying to cause any trouble by asking if we can post what we eat! Sorry I just wondered what other people's opinions were because i know it helps me a bit. But yeah i guess if ppl will still be silly about it it's not worth it.

I do record my own foods in my weight watchers journal btw, i just like to share ideas and whatnot, that's all. But then again i know i'm doing this healthily and not being too extreme, i think there are still people who aren't prepared to do that so i don't want it to cause problems!

ReputationRep:
    You need to be eating VARIETY! Your body will benefit more if you eat LOTS OF DIFFERENT COLOURS of fruit and veg to get all the nutrients you need. I would eat at least 1 green vegetable, 1 root vegetable, 1 light/citrus fruit, 1 dark fruit/berry, and a portion of dried fruit/fruit juice/salad to get what you need.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Yes but you still least need a proper cooked dinner as well

I feel properly full and content for the first time today and its a nice feeling. Not even craving anything sweet to follow my tea like normal.

ReputationRep:
    I'd actually be quite interested to hear what you eat in a typical week, tufts - is there any chance you could PM me and let me know?? I'm quite concerned about your eating habits, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Spoilers would be good as some people don't want to know and some do

Jen - I'm with you, I'm not having pancakes either, just a normal day for me

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.