The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LovingLife07
Heyyy, Im a new user to TSR, although i do lurk in the forums sometimes, esp fitness. I have only just decided to become a member. I want to be a part of this weight-loss thread if thats ok? I have lost nearly a stone since May 22nd,2007. So it has taken me about 3 months but i am really happy! Still got a long way to go though! Here are my stats;

Was: 11st10.
Now: 10st12.
Target: 9st.

I am 5ft6 do you think that this is a good target weight. If i possibly could, i would prefer to get down to 8st7. Please reply with feedback is possible xxx

Well done for the weight loss, you must be really pleased. 9st seems sensible, it would make your BMI 20.37 according to the BBC BMI thing. Let us know how you get on.

I bought some size 10 cords today from New Look, they are really nice. It's so great being able to fit into a size smaller, although it's really hard to find 30 inch leg in a 10. I wish I wasn't so short.
Didn't go to the gym today but I'll go tomorrow, I've done loads of walking and cycling today so that's ok. Food wise I should be on just under 1200.
Weigh in day tomorrow, hopefully I've lost weight. I've been really sensible food wise the last week.
Thank you! Just wondering, where do you find out what the healthy weight for your height is?
LovingLife07
Thank you! Just wondering, where do you find out what the healthy weight for your height is?

I use this one.
mc_hamster
Well done for the weight loss, you must be really pleased. 9st seems sensible, it would make your BMI 20.37 according to the BBC BMI thing. Let us know how you get on.

I bought some size 10 cords today from New Look, they are really nice. It's so great being able to fit into a size smaller, although it's really hard to find 30 inch leg in a 10. I wish I wasn't so short.
Didn't go to the gym today but I'll go tomorrow, I've done loads of walking and cycling today so that's ok. Food wise I should be on just under 1200.
Weigh in day tomorrow, hopefully I've lost weight. I've been really sensible food wise the last week.

I know what you mean about fitting into the smaller sizes! But with me its size 12 atm but im really happy with that! I was going to go gym twice today as its my day off work but i decided to just go once later and have a bit of a lazy day, that said ive only had my brekkie so far and not hungry atm so doing quite well on the calorie size of things! Also with the 30inch leg thing; im the same length and for someone of 5ft6 that is really short leg! It used to be hard finding size 14 30 inch length jeans but i wont have to anymore :smile: good luck with your weightloss aswell btw u have done brill xD xxx
LovingLife07
I know what you mean about fitting into the smaller sizes! But with me its size 12 atm but im really happy with that! I was going to go gym twice today as its my day off work but i decided to just go once later and have a bit of a lazy day, that said ive only had my brekkie so far and not hungry atm so doing quite well on the calorie size of things! Also with the 30inch leg thing; im the same length and for someone of 5ft6 that is really short leg! It used to be hard finding size 14 30 inch length jeans but i wont have to anymore :smile: good luck with your weightloss aswell btw u have done brill xD xxx

Thank you.
I curse going shopping for trousers because I know it will take me about 3 hours to find a decent pair with a short leg.
Weigh in day tomorrow. Dreading it but I've been pretty good all week plus I walk a lot during the day so every little helps.
ChocolateEyes
Weigh in day tomorrow. Dreading it but I've been pretty good all week plus I walk a lot during the day so every little helps.

O0o good luck with WI! I generally weigh myself every day but it was depressing me a bit because my weigh fluctuates a lot so i have locked my scales in the shed and am gonna weigh myself on sunday, well dreading it, even tho i have been gym a lot and kept within my calories :smile: xxx
:frown: I went shopping yesterday, and i bought a size 16 pair of jeans in river island. :frown: Seriously, i thought i was reaching size 12 in trousers. :bawling:
Bexiness!
:frown: I went shopping yesterday, and i bought a size 16 pair of jeans in river island. :frown: Seriously, i thought i was reaching size 12 in trousers. :bawling:

Don't worry about it, River Island are really bad with sizes.
Reply 549
Bexiness!

river island sizes are weird. a size 16 is actually a 14, dont' worry! every other high street shop in the UK apart from H&M as far as i know goes on the basis that a euro 38 = uk 10, 40 = uk 12, 42 = 14 etc

but river island and h&m say that a 38 is a 12, 40 is a 14 and 42 is a 16.

so, therefore, measured against every other shop your jeans were only a 14, and come on everyone has to go up a size in jeans at some point in their lives!

do not stress my pet ;heart;
Bexiness!

I thought it was just me this happened to in River Island! But honestly, In all other shops i am a size 12 and river Island 12s sometimes fit but generally are really tight! So yeah their sizes are bad, dw bout it! I find new look are really good with sizes and they have a loveley range in atm xxx
I went to buy new clothes because I haven't bought any in such a long time and I would have dropped a dress size but nope. I'm still a size 12 after losing nearly a stone and a half.

I spent the weekend eating crisps, carrot cake and ice cream. I'm finally back in to being relatively sensible now :smile:

B - Apple and some rasberries
L - 2 crackers with low fat cottage cheese
S - yoghurt
Don't worry babe. RI sizes are whack
Thanks everyone. :smile: Today has been bad: sensations crisps, 12 squares of chocolate. That's it. :eek: I went to the gym today though. :smile: Tonight i'm going out to a pizza restaurant.. oops. :redface:
Bexiness!
Thanks everyone. :smile: Today has been bad: sensations crisps, 12 squares of chocolate. That's it. :eek: I went to the gym today though. :smile: Tonight i'm going out to a pizza restaurant.. oops. :redface:

You can treat yourselves sometimes you know! :p:
Kagutsuchi
You can treat yourselves sometimes you know! :p:

Hehe thanks. :smile: I seem to treat myself everyday. :redface: lol
Today I woke up lethargic with a sore throat and throbbing head, I feel better now but ended up snacking on hob nobs and chocolate and ice cream cos I felt unwell.. back to the gym tommorow!!
Gym tomorrow, probably my last day there as my membership runs out Saturday. I'll still have he treadmill at home and all the basic bits of exercise so that's ok.
I've realised I've not had my period in about 2 months. I don't know why, maybe I need to eat more.
Reply 558
Right, hey guys.. i havent been here for soo long..
So i lost half a stone before my holiday, but i put it all back on.. ive been back a month nearly and my eating plan has gone to pot!.. I need to start eating well again, and posting on here.. this really helps! Lets see how it goes tomorrow.. good i hope! xxx
^^^ Probs why. Gym for me tomorrow as well. The rushing home cause there are lots of things I want to see on tv.

Latest