Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    BH we're not allowed to post our food diaries,not even in spoilers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Which bread do you get?
    It depends, just have a look at the nutrition info. At the moment I have Nimble, which is 48cals a slice. Before that I had Hovis of some variety, which was 66cals a slice I think. I don't eat a lot of bread but I like to keep a loaf in the freezer and have a slice of toast on occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beebeeworm)
    It depends, just have a look at the nutrition info. At the moment I have Nimble, which is 48cals a slice. Before that I had Hovis of some variety, which was 66cals a slice I think. I don't eat a lot of bread but I like to keep a loaf in the freezer and have a slice of toast on occasion.
    Nimble bread is good...will have to go back to buying that I think!

i know it's less cals but the slices are sooooo tiny so kinda counterproductive for me anyway cus I like a nice big bit of toast wtih some high fruit jam :^_^:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    BH we're not allowed to post our food diaries,not even in spoilers.
    I know, I was experimenting with something. Tis gone now.

ReputationRep:
    Random question...

How do people manage to drink eight glasses of water a day?!

I'm like my third today and i'm struggling!

ReputationRep:
    I drink that much water quite easily :/ I suppose you have to like it, but all I've ever drunk has been water so I'm not in much of a position to say :/
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i carry a bottle round with me...
    since i was a kid the first thing i'd do after brushing my teeth is drink a huge glass of water so that's 1,then carry a bottle in my bag for drinking and any emergencies and it's normally a 75cl botter around.and then drink a glass of water during meals. it's pretty easy.

(Original post by ~Sam~)
    I'm really really craving a bagel at the moment!

Just how unhealthy are the wholemeal ones? I might try to find some in tesco tomorrow that I can have with philadelphia lite.
    food doctor ones with all the seeds are good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    I drink that much water quite easily :/ I suppose you have to like it, but all I've ever drunk has been water so I'm not in much of a position to say :/
    I don't mind the taste of water, I just find it hard to drink that much liquid..of any kind. I know I need to though so I'm making an extra effort from today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beebeeworm)
    Of course you can join us!

I'm sure we've all been there with the lack of confidence, etc, but from your stats it sounds like this is pretty unjustified in your case. At 5'3, 9st 9 really isn't massive. You seem pretty determined to lose some weight though and that's great cos it sounds like you're definitely doing it for the right reasons.

How's your diet at the moment? You've mentioned upping the exercise which is great, but you'll see results a lot faster if your diet is good too
    thanks so much! my diet is pretty bad...i know i need to up my water intake...bc right now i literally have a sip and thats it! i eat a lot of chocolate (2/3 if im being completely honest!) and i comfort eat a lot. the thing is...i always crave something sweet, like cheesecake, chocolate etc...and its hard to fight that! i need to be more disciplined...i have days where i can be quite good..but then the nxt day ill cram like crazy!

ReputationRep:
    I drink over 2.5 litres of water a day, and 2 cups of tea. I work out 5 times a week so I'd get dehydrated otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    you're not overweight! you have a BMI of 23.9 according to http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ (over 25 is overweight) Don't worry so much
    thanks...but i think for me, its more of a case of how i look and feel rather than health/medical reasons. i have a large stomach, and upper body...my legs are okay, they're not too bad, but i want to just shed a few extra pounds..esp around my upper body. im a size 12/14 trousers and 14 tops...so id like to get down to atleast a standard size or 12...or maybe 10...but yeah..its more of how i look than anything. i want to feel better abt myself, and stop feeling so self-conscious. im definitely not slim, im on the chubbier size.

ReputationRep:
    I'm half an inch taller than you and one stone heavier than you, yet the same clothes size as you. how weird :s I can never understand what weighs what in our bodies!

My mum and brother are going for a meal at pizza hut tomorrow. the buffet :afraid: go wit them and have ONE(can I resist the otehr slices and have one :unsure:?) and loadsa saladdy bits and bobsss or just leve it. I'm going fora meal on Tuesday probably and eating badddd food on Friday. I gotta be good . Advice pleaseeee

Ok going to try and get my arse into gear tomorrow and go for a walk before work :cool:

ReputationRep:
    MMMMMMM 14 points worth of roast dinner :love: :coma:

Sooo bloated now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    My mum and brother are going for a meal at pizza hut tomorrow. the buffet :afraid: go wit them and have ONE(can I resist the otehr slices and have one :unsure:?) and loadsa saladdy bits and bobsss or just leve it. I'm going fora meal on Tuesday probably and eating badddd food on Friday. I gotta be good . Advice pleaseeee
    Temptation and food wise, it would probably be best not to go. But if you want to go for a meal with your mum and brother don't miss out just because of the food. Like you said, you can stock up on lots of salad and have a little bit of pizza, but stick to the veggie ones instead of stuff like pepperoni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carreh)
    Ok going to try and get my arse into gear tomorrow and go for a walk before walk :cool:
    A walk before walk?

Or do you mean a walk before work? :p:

thats the badger

I've been at work all day, thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.