Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's my birthday soon-ish, so looking forward to all the yummy birthday food and not feeling bad about indulging in it!

Going to Japan tonight and am 1 pound LESS than the weight I wanted/expected to be so am pleased about that Also cannot use chopsticks so will eat things really slowly there and hopefully the food will be healthy (miso soup is only 30cals and really filling) so may actually loose a little on holiday rather than putting on weight. No alcohol for me there either as you have to be 20 to drink!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liladriel)
    It's my birthday soon-ish, so looking forward to all the yummy birthday food and not feeling bad about indulging in it!

Going to Japan tonight and am 1 pound LESS than the weight I wanted/expected to be so am pleased about that Also cannot use chopsticks so will eat things really slowly there and hopefully the food will be healthy (miso soup is only 30cals and really filling) so may actually loose a little on holiday rather than putting on weight. No alcohol for me there either as you have to be 20 to drink!
    Birthday food is awesome!
    Have a good time in Japan, I'm sure you will!

Something's up with me, I've totally lost my appetite. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    Spoog I'm jealous, my appetite/greed is through the roof. I'm already on 1150cals and haven't had tea yet bad day. I'm so frustrated with myself, theres no reason for me to have such little self restraint! I'm not going to go over 1500 today and will start (yet again) tomorrow and try and stick to 1100.

[edit] ok just consulted fitday and things arent as bad as I thought. My average for this week is 1300cals so it could be a hell of a lot worse, but I go on holiday in just under 2 weeks and want to look good for it with a relatively flat stomach. I'm not expecting miracles but I've got a little curve to it which I really dont like. If I could just flatten that out a bit I'd be much happier. It will look a lot flatter if I just eat less (always looks pretty flat in the mornings or after a low cal day) so I may try and stick to 1000cals a day until I go away. Yes, right, that's the new aim. And it's only short term so I shoudl be less bothered by it than if it was permanent. I would have no tea today to keep the cals low but my mum's cooking for me and I'm not going to refuse her fajitas but I may leave the wraps and just make a chicken salad with some guacamole and salsa to keep the carbs down. Mm.. tasty

Hope everyones doing well and ignores my little rant and then de-rant :rolleyes:

not bad today, only ate fruit bar two bowls of bran flakes and some pretzels witrh homous
    gunna have a bit of mash, vegetable fingers and tomato ketchup for tea scrum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiggleworm)
    Spoog I'm jealous, my appetite/greed is through the roof. I'm already on 1150cals and haven't had tea yet bad day. I'm so frustrated with myself, theres no reason for me to have such little self restraint! I'm not going to go over 1500 today and will start (yet again) tomorrow and try and stick to 1100.

[edit] ok just consulted fitday and things arent as bad as I thought. My average for this week is 1300cals so it could be a hell of a lot worse, but I go on holiday in just under 2 weeks and want to look good for it with a relatively flat stomach. I'm not expecting miracles but I've got a little curve to it which I really dont like. If I could just flatten that out a bit I'd be much happier. It will look a lot flatter if I just eat less (always looks pretty flat in the mornings or after a low cal day) so I may try and stick to 1000cals a day until I go away. Yes, right, that's the new aim. And it's only short term so I shoudl be less bothered by it than if it was permanent. I would have no tea today to keep the cals low but my mum's cooking for me and I'm not going to refuse her fajitas but I may leave the wraps and just make a chicken salad with some guacamole and salsa to keep the carbs down. Mm.. tasty

Hope everyones doing well and ignores my little rant and then de-rant :rolleyes:

Don't worry hun, you're doing fine! And there's nothing wrong with 1000 cals a day, providing all your proportions are right

I wish I had an appetite it's worrying me, I've eaten nothing today and I'm just not hungry. I'm going to pop up to Morissons salad bar very soon and force a pasta salad and some cous cous down me so I can at least have eaten something. Meh.

i was doing so good now i've had loadsa crisps and jaffa cakes :rolleyes: meh could be worse! at least college next week(thank God)

ReputationRep:
    Good day today food wise 1152 calories today. Bit poo exercise wise but I did cycle to and from town and did about 30 minutes of walking today. I was going to do some work on the treadmill but decided I haven't eaten enough calories to warrant anymore exercise.

My week trial of not eating after 7 has now become a perminant thing. It went really well and I feel a lot better for it. I'm sure it's helped my weight loss in some way.

I really needed some new jeans because my size 12's are getting so big on me now. So I bought three pair's of size 10's and it's so great to have trousers that actually fit properly. I'm so pleased that I'm a size 10 now, it's made me much more determined to get to my target weight. I really hope I don't put any weight at uni, I'm sure I won't if I'm sensible.

Yay Nandos tomorrow, that place is great.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^wow good on ya Mc hamster

I'm having a pretty ok food day, bout 1200 kcals including treats

ReputationRep:
    I've lost a couple of pounds this week!

(At bloody last!)

ReputationRep:
    I went to Pizza Hut today..hehe... had the deal for 2 thing so it was £6.75 or something like that each.. had potato wedges and 2 slices of garlic pizza, half an italian pizza, profiteroles and diet coke (heh!) it was v v tasty and I won't be there for a while so I enjoyed it! I also have a stinking cold so it was rather comforting and I could still taste it thankgod.

ReputationRep:
    hmm today was a bit rubbishy...

bowl of honey porridge.. banana and apple for brekkie
    Bagel with 2 laughing caugh triangles.. quaker oat bar
    was at a funeral today so it was buffet for tea.. eek.. several sausage rolls, several buns with ham and beef and egg and a bit of quiche.. eek! and a smoothie drink and a couple of diet cokes
    Oh and another apple later on xx

ReputationRep:
    Today was ok, exercise-wise:

15 minutes treadmill
    45 minutes bike machine
    15 minutes step machine
    45 minute spin class

I figure that's a solid workout - all the spin classes I do are 'intermediate' and I sweat horribly. I had to warm up for 15 minutes because my legs were still so sore from yesterday's efforts but once I got going it was fine.

And worth it! I am back to 32-23-34 so mostly just maintaining now. I hate maintaining; there's no goal.

ReputationRep:
    Oops... i've had: 4 bits of chocolate, a packet of crisps and a pint of orange juice today. I neeeeed to get my kcals up for each day and of the right food!

I have been to the gym today though. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    And worth it! I am back to 32-23-34 so mostly just maintaining now. I hate maintaining; there's no goal.
    Well done on the measurements, how much weight did you lose? I'm not looking forward to maintaining, I'm sure used to the amount of food I'm eating now.

My measurements are really stupid. 35-29.5-33, so I have quite small hips but my waist is big, for a waist anyway. I really need to get atleast another inch and a half off my waist before I'm 100% happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    Well done on the measurements, how much weight did you lose? I'm not looking forward to maintaining, I'm sure used to the amount of food I'm eating now.

My measurements are really stupid. 35-29.5-33, so I have quite small hips but my waist is big, for a waist anyway. I really need to get atleast another inch and a half off my waist before I'm 100% happy.
    I know what you mean, my measurements seem huge compared to everyone else's, 36-30-38 I am about six foot, so maybe that's why, and I'm a size 10/12...

ReputationRep:
    Bah, not having a good food day at all!

Toast and Jam and a steak bake and now I feel bloated. Did 2 hours of walking round the town though so that might help a bit

On my Grans scales It tells me I've lost another half a pound so I suppose I;m doing okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)

I think I've lost about 2.5 stone. I never used to weigh myself but was around 11 stone at my heaviest: size 12/14 top, 14 bottom. I've lost about 2.5 stone so hover around 9 stone although I refuse to weigh so sometimes it's a couple lbs under, sometimes a couple lbs over. And now I'm a size 6 top, 6/8 bottom. I am 5'10" so have never actually been overweight but I didn't like having that 'extra' weight.

The waist measurement is down to the gym - treadmill really sculpts the torso as well as giving a good overall workout. It sounds like you just store abdominal fat, whereas I store fat on the hips/thighs - you probably have naturally sleek hips - always a good thing!

(Original post by bunthulu)
    I know what you mean, my measurements seem huge compared to everyone else's, 36-30-38 I am about six foot, so maybe that's why, and I'm a size 10/12...
    You're tall - naturally you will have a larger body structure than other people. Few tall women have petite bone structures and it is harder for tall women to get smaller measurements; you can diet away fat but not bone.

You really must, must, must take into account your height when trying to lose weight. I'm 5'10" so not as tall as you but my biggest problem was getting over the fact that girls of 5'4", 5'6" etc could diet less than me, work out less than me and yet still weigh less and have smaller hips! It's not fair but remember that if a 5'2" girl puts on even 4lbs it will show - height gives the illusion of slimness and long limbs look sleek far more easily.

ReputationRep:
    Just realise I forgot to actually post what I intended to.

Today:

45 minute spin class
    35 minutes on sit-down bike
    10 minutes stand-up bike
    15 minutes treadmill

Only 1hr45mins today but believe me, I WORKED for that whole time. Sweat, aching muscles, wondering why why why me!

Spin class was with THE LADY. So called because she makes you work sooo hard and points at people who are doing it wrong and is generally evil but in an oh-so-that's-how-i-tone-the-muscle way. Love her.

Then I decided to capitalise on being in the fat-burning zone and hopped straight onto the treadmill before going for the bikes. I was planning on doing another 15 minutes on stepper but a) I felt like I had worked hard enough and b) I hadn't had breakfast (hate working out having just eaten) and my stomach was actually grumbling as I cycled. So I stopped and ate.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Mata, you've lost so much!

I wish I could be a size 8 on my bottom, but weight is just not shifting from there

ReputationRep:
    Lost half a stone since Tuesday. Haven't been on a crash diet though... had the flu (still feel like crap) & have been living on one meal a day which was either soup or JP. Wouldn't recommend this diet though.... highly painful!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.