TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
annab1684
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by liladriel)
Ooh, just a tip for sorting out gym stuff - make sure you read the contract really well as there's normally a notice period for cancelling it and a minimum contract that you'll be tied into. The people at my gym were really shocked that I actually wanted to read the terms before I signed away £30 of my money each month...
I was wondering about that. . I'm not doing it if I end up like that because I'm not paying for it if I'm not going to be around to use it!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why don't you just pay per visit? if i was interested in a gym,that's what i'd do because i wouldn't want to either be tied into a contract or have to pay stupid amounts.
annab1684
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There isn't the option of paying per visit unfortunately
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
really?! that's dumb.
thepinkpowerranger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Erm seen as I'm backing on eating chocolate. My bro phoned me to tell me this link: http://www.easter-eggs.org.uk/images/Bigwoolies.gif.

Free mini eggs from Woolworths today with that voucher... *plays devil's advocate* :P
smoosabitmega
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most gyms usually have a min 6 month period, my dad's does (but he goes every weekday so I'm sure he gets the benefit of it) but whilst at a University of London union talk, the woman said their gyms have a 1 month contract, which is a lot better. I am totally joining Although I hate gyms....
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't pay per visit at my gym either so I really should go at least twice per week as that works out at ~£3.75 per visit. If I go 3 times per week it's only £2.50 per visit so it does work out as a good incentive to go as otherwise I'm wasting money BUT it can be annoying in v.busy weeks when I genunielly cannot go because I'm working etc rather than just being lazy!
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
Erm seen as I'm backing on eating chocolate. My bro phoned me to tell me this link: http://www.easter-eggs.org.uk/images/Bigwoolies.gif.

Free mini eggs from Woolworths today with that voucher... *plays devil's advocate* :P
Ooh, that's a pretty good deal! I don't think there are any Woolworth's near me though so at least they'll be no temptation. It's so odd how some shops just don't seem to exist in central London. I acutually need to go to Woolies to get stationary etc
King Hippo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
i personally have sent tufts several pms and said on this thread that she needs to take it easy with her methods (and so have loads of other people even the mods too) but again it was either she was being ''attacked''/saying she had an ED or it was her way and she was fine with what she was doing.
Where would she get that idea from? I'm sure nobody thought that. Oh yes:

(Original post by SilverWings)
Oh, and don't get me wrong, I think she's a lovely girl and everything I just think she has a quite serious Eating Disorder.
Seems she was well within her rights to claim that people thought she had an eating disorder. Because... um... they did.

I'm really disappointed by some of you guys. I'm sorry, but I have to say it.

You're quick to call Tufts a "danger to herself" and talk about her having an eating disorder now, but I didn't see a lot of that when she was here. Yes, there were arguments about the stuff she was eating and people trying to convince her to try different things, but nobody was talking to her the way she's being talked about now.

My point is, I can just about understand people being uncomfortable with Tufty's eating habits, but what annoys me is the sneaky way this has been implemented. Not once was she told that she was in danger of being removed from the forum, it was a case of members running off and telling the mods and the mods swiftly dumping her without even a PM telling her why. And only now do the real opinions come out with "that girl has a serious eating disorder" and "I'm glad she's banned".

I think you're all nice people for the most part, but this whole situation has been really disappointing and cowardly, in my opinion. It's a case of "we can't help her, so stuff her".
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
King Hippo, even Kirsty who's the food expert here said she was showing signs of the beginning of an ED,and she never says anything. So I'm sure if the food expert says that, then we were all right in being worried. Like I've said in my posts King Hippo, if you look back, you'll see the many threads were people expressed concern for Tufts and she constantly blew it off or said we were being mean to her. I still have the pms I sent her if you want it as proof. Kirsty had a word, Lilian did too I think and so have others asking her to take it easy because she was acting like she has/had/verging on an ED. And again the mods did come into the thread and they all gave us a warning. If you want I'll troll through the threads and bring up all the posts just to prove it wasn't a mutiny against her, it's been on-going. Obviously you've got a bias towards Tufts but saying we're cowardly and disappointing and sneaky however is not fair.

edit: btw the mods in question are lessthanthree and fleur de lis. they both gave us warnings and said we were on thin ice. pages 168-170 for your reference.
King Hippo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Meh, I've said my bit anyway. It's clear this discussion is only going to go in circles because neither of us are budging.

My main point stands: Tufty relied on this forum for support and it did do her good, regardless of what some of you may think. I'm not happy about the way she was simply removed without even being given the courtesy of a PM telling her it had happened and why it had happened, and without anyone on here even knowing (or the few who did know deciding to keep it a secret). While I don't necessarily disagree with people's concerns about her diet, I think the way in which she was removed was poor form. That's all I'm saying.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're not happy with the way she was simply removed,then you've got a problem with the mods not us. we're not the ones that removed her. You say people pmed the mods,but did they say specifically that she should be banned or just warned or spoken to? plus i think majority of people didn't know or wondered where she was. I for one didn't know about this ban thing till you said so. The problem you've got is one for the mods,and even then, it should be tufts fighting it out with them.
SilverWings
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by King Hippo)
Seems she was well within her rights to claim that people thought she had an eating disorder. Because... um... they did.

I'm really disappointed by some of you guys. I'm sorry, but I have to say it.

You're quick to call Tufts a "danger to herself" and talk about her having an eating disorder now, but I didn't see a lot of that when she was here. Yes, there were arguments about the stuff she was eating and people trying to convince her to try different things, but nobody was talking to her the way she's being talked about now.
I did, but I did it privately, I didn't want to expose her in this thread in public, but I have voiced my concerns to her once via PMs, and once in the shoutbox, IIRC. She knew I thought she had a serious problem with eating and most probably an Eating Disorder, she knew I thought she was too thin, and not eating at all properly, so don't just think that because me and Tufts aren't best buddies, like you two obviously are, that we haven't spoken in private about this.
My point is, I can just about understand people being uncomfortable with Tufty's eating habits, but what annoys me is the sneaky way this has been implemented. Not once was she told that she was in danger of being removed from the forum, it was a case of members running off and telling the mods and the mods swiftly dumping her without even a PM telling her why. And only now do the real opinions come out with "that girl has a serious eating disorder" and "I'm glad she's banned".
I am glad she was banned, it was for her own good. For the record, I think I did on one occasion inform fleur that I was becoming very worried with the things Tufts was saying in this thread and that I felt her eating habits could be a danger to people in the fact that they could influence people ["Wow, look at all the weight she is losing!! She looks so thin!! I think I'll just eat the BARE minimum to survive for a while, too!!"]. The way she was/is living is unhealthy, it's dangerous, it's definately in Eating Disorder territory, and she KNOWS this, she is an intelligent girl, she really is.
I think you're all nice people for the most part, but this whole situation has been really disappointing and cowardly, in my opinion. It's a case of "we can't help her, so stuff her".
It isn't a case of that. I'll be PMing Tufts to let her know that if she feels she needs support with her Eating Disorder that she can come to me, I'll also be explaining the reasons to her why I think it was a good thing, for her and other people, that she was banned.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm feeling a bit rubbish today...i'm so hungry for some reason, I can't stop eating and i've already had loads!
And I feel all fat and generally rubbish and like i'll never look how I want to
annab1684
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I'm feeling a bit rubbish today...i'm so hungry for some reason, I can't stop eating and i've already had loads!
ahh but you will
It just takes time and so long as you remember it takes time and you keep the future in your mind you'll get there!
Go out for a walk or something away from the food if you keep eating all the time. I find that helps me. I swear sometimes I just eat because I'm bored. :confused:
Monkey_Maiden
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Don't feel too bad :hugs: I was supposed to be being good today and it went horribly wrong! I was brill yesterday but went to town with bf today and we had all you can eat chinese :eek: :p: Was lovely though but feel so guilty
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by annab1684)
ahh but you will
It just takes time and so long as you remember it takes time and you keep the future in your mind you'll get there!
Go out for a walk or something away from the food if you keep eating all the time. I find that helps me. I swear sometimes I just eat because I'm bored. :confused:
Eating becuase I am bored or as a distraction is my main problem. Last night when I got home I shut myself in my room for the night and didn't even go near the kitchen as a way of stopping myself from snacking after having had food at weatherspoons for tea.
annab1684
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
as for the gymn I've decided, yes, but no for now!
I'm going to join on the 1st August. . when I've finished my GCSEs and Morrisons have (fingers crossed) started giving me some money
xxxxxx

You have to give 1 months notice to leave and there's no minimum contract sooo. . I didn't seem to be getting myself too tied up there.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks for the support guys
I don't know why I feel so hungry today...i'm normally fine. I'm going to have a pear or a yoghurt in a minute and then make myself wait for dinner I think.

My boyfriend said he'd go for a run with me tomorrow so that'll be some good exercise (he's a slave driver!)
x~PiNk~x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi guys :hello:

Ive just got back from Rome and boy am I knackered! Been up since 2am

I have eaten absolute crap all week and not enjoyed a mouthful of it which has really annoyed me. I had no choice as we basically had no money & had to live off bread rolls and pringles (long story!!!) I feel bloated, tired and just have no energy. I cant wait till tomorrow when I can get back to nice cereals, soups, brown pasta etc

Im going to join my local gym tomorrow aswell which is £21 a month with a pool which is excellent and Iv been a member in the past so I know it is good (Y) Ive got 10lbs left to lose so Im planning on gymming 3 times a week and then when I hit my target weight, start swimming twice a week instead. That will help me tone and maintain my weight (as I eat mega amounts after Iv been swimming!)

Mainly though I just cant wait to feel unbloated and healthy again

I hope everyones ok. There seems to be about 10 new pages since I left which I dont have time to read right now so I hope everyones had a good week and is feeling positive & healthy.

Gahhh bring me vegetables please!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.51%
No (614)
72.49%

Watched Threads