The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

EvilSheep
Åååh, kjekt da!! Hvor er han fra? (Just ask if there's something you don't understand!!) Hvor lenge har du lært norsk? Har du vært her??

Just to stay a bit on topic, I went for a run today when my Swahili class was cancelled cos of half term.. :biggrin: Feel really good now :smile:

Erm I don't really understand the first part, I think the answer might be Oslo though :p:

And to the second part - not long really, only started actively trying since this summer.

I've been to Norway 5 times :biggrin:

Oh and yeah, on topic: had a couple of blips today (not great considering I've not been going long :frown: ) I had choc sponge and custard at dinner and then i was a bit upset earlier and my friend gave me a biscuit :redface:
Oh well...will just have to try extra hard tomorrow!
I had a baaaaad day today. Although I know it's going to make no different in the long-term and I feel a little bit sick atm from all the sugar-y crap I've consumed so that'll be an incentive to stay on track for the forseeable future as I know I feel better (physically and mentally) when I eat well.

Tomorrow will be 3 sensible meals and no snacks :smile: I'm stopping having cereal for dinner too as although it's low calorie it is no way as nutritious as proper food and I know I should be eating properly as am pretty active and have loads of uni work to do etc so need energy and don't want to mess everything up just for the sake of keeping my calories down :smile:
First spinning class tomorrow :biggrin: hehe
Becca
Erm I don't really understand the first part, I think the answer might be Oslo though :p:

And to the second part - not long really, only started actively trying since this summer.

I've been to Norway 5 times :biggrin:

Oh and yeah, on topic: had a couple of blips today (not great considering I've not been going long :frown: ) I had choc sponge and custard at dinner and then i was a bit upset earlier and my friend gave me a biscuit :redface:
Oh well...will just have to try extra hard tomorrow!

Yeah, correct :biggrin: That was what I was asking :smile: How are you learning it though? Is he teaching you, or??

I'm going to the gym today. Feel quite good about myself for going running yesterday, when it's not really one of my exercise days :biggrin:
EvilSheep
Yeah, correct :biggrin: That was what I was asking :smile: How are you learning it though? Is he teaching you, or??

I'm going to the gym today. Feel quite good about myself for going running yesterday, when it's not really one of my exercise days :biggrin:

Well sometimes I try speaking it to him, but I can understand more than I can say, as you can probably tell :p: I have a grammar book and a CD course that I need to start when I have more free time. At the mo my degree has kind of taken over! :p:
Reply 6105
Ouchie. I hurt. But at least I had breakfast! :redface:
Becca
Well sometimes I try speaking it to him, but I can understand more than I can say, as you can probably tell :p: I have a grammar book and a CD course that I need to start when I have more free time. At the mo my degree has kind of taken over! :p:

Where did you get the grammar book?? I'm trying to teach my boyfriend, but I'm a bit reluctant to him getting a CD course, because they are inevitably in the dialect spoken in Oslo /East Norway, and there is no way in hell that I'll let him speak that!! lol - from Bergen myself, and if he's to speak Norwegian, he's definitely going to have a Bergen accent!!

I'm hungry!!!!! Lunch in an hour or so methinks :biggrin: I'm quite lucky tbh, because lunch at the canteen at work is generously subsidised by the company, you get a proper hot meal (really nice as well) for only 20 NOK (eg, £1.80 or something) :biggrin: :biggrin: And in addition, because I work with the the son of the canteen lady, she gives me an extra discount (also cos I'm young, sweet and innocent :p: ), so I get it for 10 NOK, and for that she'll throw in a smoothie as well!! It's just so awesome!!
Reply 6107
happydinosaur
I quite like it but I will eat anything sweet.

Yeah dont get me wrong, I liked it! Its just so bad for you lol.
leona
Yeah dont get me wrong, I liked it! Its just so bad for you lol.

I don't really like cream.. Unless it's on top of hot chocolate. Or maybe together with proper yummy brownies!
Reply 6109
I signed up to the Tesco healthy living tracker thing yesterday. I'm not sure how accurate or beneficial it is (it kind of works on a points type system, like weight watchers) but I'm finding it really handy for keeping track of what I'm eating. It has a sort of summary thing so you can see how much fibre, carbs, sugar, fat, cals etc you have eaten that day. Its good.
i use the tesco tracker, i like it and find it very useful :smile:
Reply 6111
is it free :p:?
yeh. works just like the WW points system, calculates how many points you need a day/week and everything. Tesco Tracker
Reply 6113
yup!
Reply 6114
sweet deal :coma:
Hmm weird my total on tesco tracker is 42 point things a day, yday I ate 30 points according to it. =/
EvilSheep
Where did you get the grammar book?? I'm trying to teach my boyfriend, but I'm a bit reluctant to him getting a CD course, because they are inevitably in the dialect spoken in Oslo /East Norway, and there is no way in hell that I'll let him speak that!! lol - from Bergen myself, and if he's to speak Norwegian, he's definitely going to have a Bergen accent!!

I'm hungry!!!!! Lunch in an hour or so methinks :biggrin: I'm quite lucky tbh, because lunch at the canteen at work is generously subsidised by the company, you get a proper hot meal (really nice as well) for only 20 NOK (eg, £1.80 or something) :biggrin: :biggrin: And in addition, because I work with the the son of the canteen lady, she gives me an extra discount (also cos I'm young, sweet and innocent :p: ), so I get it for 10 NOK, and for that she'll throw in a smoothie as well!! It's just so awesome!!

20NOK is so cheap! I didn;t think you could buy anything for that :p:

Haha, I am learning the Oslo accent, I'm afraid. I find it easier to pronounce than the Bergen accent, I like the Bergen accent though, it sounds a bit like German. I've been to Bergen, it's gorgeous

:biggrin:
I got the book from Norli bookstore in oslo. It's called Norwegian Verbs and essentials of grammar, but I think you can get it on Amazon too, so you could buy it on there and get it sent to his address :p:

I'm going to try the Tesco thing now!!
I'm going to have a drink of smoothie now too :biggrin:
Reply 6117
the tesco thing is good. my god I went OVER my points yday :p: BAD LILZ :sad: :p:
Becca
20NOK is so cheap! I didn;t think you could buy anything for that :p:

Haha, I am learning the Oslo accent, I'm afraid. I find it easier to pronounce than the Bergen accent, I like the Bergen accent though, it sounds a bit like German. I've been to Bergen, it's gorgeous

:biggrin:
I got the book from Norli bookstore in oslo. It's called Norwegian Verbs and essentials of grammar, but I think you can get it on Amazon too, so you could buy it on there and get it sent to his address :p:

I'm going to try the Tesco thing now!!
I'm going to have a drink of smoothie now too :biggrin:

Smoothies are awesomely awesome!! I need to get myself a smoothie maker when I go to uni!!! Anyone have an idea how much they would cost??

I thought you'd be learning his accent - makes sense really. However, being a patriotic Bergen girl, there is no way that I could let him speak in the Oslo accent!!
Reply 6119
You all get up so early! How do you do it?!

Latest