Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You're allowed a diet break for your birthday! Sounds like you had fun

I've been fairly good today...three meals and three snacks. My boyfriend was eating a king size mars bar in front of me which I managed to resist so i'm proud of that! I did treat myself to some green and blacks dark chocolate though so now i'm feeling nice and full and satisfied and looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to resist the free Divine chocolate bar I got today - having a cup of Options Hot Chocolate instead Have had a pretty good day today - had an amazing fruit salad pot in Starbucks that counts as 3 of my 5-a-day - was so yummy and filling. Was at uni from 9 - 7.30 today and still managed to be healthy and not skip meals, yay

ReputationRep:
    Liladriel that sounds like a pretty intense day!

I was on a long day at placement (11hr shift) and consequently have ended up eating a fair bit of rubbish when I got in

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty long but I managed to get a lot done so that's one less thing to stress about (and stress needs to be avoided as either leads to naughty food binges or I just completely lose my appetite). I'm sure the stuff you've eaten since you got in is fine if you've had a busy day and so have eaten less during the day

Am going to be out all day tomorrow too and going straight from uni to a drinks party so need to take some healthy snacks with me so that I don't turn to sugar-y crap to keep my energy up. Will probably treat myself to a soy latte in the afternoon as they're only ~150cals and make me feel really full!

meh, it's so frustrating never being hungry really but feeling like I have to eat it's really wierd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    I'm an 18 on top 16 on bottom Bex, so I know how you feel.

I hate those moments I have where I look at myself and feel disgusting but sometimes you just have to ignore that little voice telling you how awful you look, because usually it's not as bad as you think it is. Don't go to extremes with your dieting because of the way you feel, you might get short term gains but in the long run you'll just put the weight back on and could damage your body. Eat healthier, cut out some of the treats and excersise!! I know how tempted I have been to really cut down what I eat and stuff, but I'm fixed on my slow-and-steady long term plans, so should you be

Sorry if this post sounds very assuming, I just like to give people more than a hug when they feel down about things!!
    :hugs: for you and Bexiness. You're both pretty girls inside and out

TBH, I reckon for a lot of girls - the disliking your body shape etc never really stops. I too went underwear shopping yesterday (coz I realised it was time to bin my 12 & 14 knickers and get ones in 10s heh :rolleyes: ) but even now, I am all 'ewww' at what I see. People will probs tell me to shut my face, but insecurities are always gonna be there. I find taking pictures helps. I find what I see of my body on film is decidedly better than what it looks like in mirrors.

ReputationRep:
    I've eaten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much this week. I'm praying that it's excusable because I had my period and like ...blood replenishment requires calories YEA???

I might go weigh myself in boots today so I can hang my head in shame.

ReputationRep:
    Had an awesome workout yesterday, really pushed myself to the max. Can really feel that now!! My body is aching, but although it hurts, it's really quite a nice feeling!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I've eaten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much this week. I'm praying that it's excusable because I had my period and like ...blood replenishment requires calories YEA???

I might go weigh myself in boots today so I can hang my head in shame.

I'd say yeah, more calories to replace the blood

Minimo I don't think you need to hang your head in shame!! You have a nice body sweets!

(Original post by Lilian)
    meh, it's so frustrating never being hungry really but feeling like I have to eat it's really wierd.
    Are you bored?

(Original post by kirstinx)
    Are you bored?
    no, it's just like when a meal time comes round I think " I should eat about now" its really wierd. Cus like I only really get hungry kinda really hungry in the evening but if I didnt eat anything till then, isnt that really bad for my body? Saying that I was hungry about quarter to 11 and had a yoghurt which is good.

ReputationRep:
    Had a good workout this morning my muscles were moaning and groaning but I made them move Today is a funny day, because I did a long day yesterday, and I'm doing a night tonight... How the HELL do you plan meals around that?!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...cc=picbox&ct=5 OK there is no way in hell she's a 10. I'm a 10 for dresses and am loads thinner and rofl at the difference between her airbrushed dvd cover pic and her in non airbrushed pics.

Why do celebs have to lieee?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully will be going to the GP tomorrow to sort out some of my recent period related woes yay!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...cc=picbox&ct=5 OK there is no way in hell she's a 10. I'm a 10 for dresses and am loads thinner and rofl at the difference between her airbrushed dvd cover pic and her in non airbrushed pics.

Why do celebs have to lieee?
    She might be a 10.. how tall is she? If she's more than about 5'2 then I'd doubt it looking at her.. I'm definitely smaller than that and I'm a 10/12 but I'm 5'10 so that could be why. I think she definitely looks far better than she used to but I'm still not sure she should have worn that dress.. there's much more flattering options!

The black and white dress is horrible and the airbrushing on the dvd cover looks really badly done too.

I got weighed at my family planning appointment on Monday night and it read as 12stone I am 5ft10 though and was also wearing my heavy boots which will have added a little surely. Means that I put on loads of weight last term but gives me motivation to lose weight (just can't go the gym this week as I had the implant put in and my arm hurts!)

ReputationRep:
    she's about 5'4''. I still think she's waaaaay more than a 10. A few of my friends are size 10s and of a similar height and are looooooooooads slimmer. She's deffo at least a 12. There's no way that green cardi is a 10.

ReputationRep:
    I've discovered that a couple tsps pure cocoa powder, boiling water and topped up with a little (in my case, soya) milk is a great way to satisfy chocolate cravings. None of the sugar, fat and calories of normal hot chocolate and none of the nasty artificial sweeteners and general processedness of diet hot chocolate drinks. It took a little getting used to, but it really hits the spot now! It's like dark chocolate. Just thought I'd share ...

ReputationRep:
    she's about 5'4''. I still think she's waaaaay more than a 10. A few of my friends are size 10s and of a similar height and are looooooooooads slimmer. She's deffo at least a 12. There's no way that green cardi is a 10.
    I dunno...she looks about the same size as me (maybe a tiny bit bigger) and i'm 5'4 and size 10 too.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, period woes and I've got the flammin cold so stayed home from school today.

Luckily have not gone on a sadness related binge because of it and am planning on making a bit of macoroni to eat tonight

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.