Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilSheep)
    I did listen!! And :hugs: to you!!

I think as long as you put it all behind you, then you'll be fine.. You've been on the right track for quite a while, haven't you??
    Thankyou very much for listening!! :hugs: :love:

I've had a few off months from when I *first* started losing weight, but I'm generally going in the right direction!!

I started losing weight around June of last year, lost 2.5st by the middle of November [] then came my 'off' months where I put on between 3 and 7lbs, not sure EXACTLY how much but something like that - oops!! Then after xmas was over and done with I started weight watchers three weeks ago!! I lost 7.5lbs in the first week, 1lb in the next and 0lbs this week [minisad ] - so yeah, when I talk about it like that - my weight loss is impressive!!

Oh and I went from a size 20 top and 22 bottom to a size 16/18 all over :proud:

At least now I can shop in a few more shops for clothes [and I don't feel like so much of a blimp!! :p:]

ReputationRep:
    I HATE trying to lose weight; because of my boyfriend! We went shopping yesterday and I was getting really healthy nice stuff, but he just wants the fatty stuff that makes me fat!!! And I TOLD him that I'm putting weight on and getting fatter when I need to lose, but he wants to put weight on so AAAAHHHH! Anyways I have now told him that when I get obese again he can't complain :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    Thankyou very much for listening!! :hugs: :love:

I've had a few off months from when I *first* started losing weight, but I'm generally going in the right direction!!

I started losing weight around June of last year, lost 2.5st by the middle of November [] then came my 'off' months where I put on between 3 and 7lbs, not sure EXACTLY how much but something like that - oops!! Then after xmas was over and done with I started weight watchers three weeks ago!! I lost 7.5lbs in the first week, 1lb in the next and 0lbs this week [minisad ] - so yeah, when I talk about it like that - my weight loss is impressive!!

Oh and I went from a size 20 top and 22 bottom to a size 16/18 all over :proud:

At least now I can shop in a few more shops for clothes [and I don't feel like so much of a blimp!! :p:]
    Your weight loss is indeed impressive sweets!!! I need to sort out stone/lbs in my head, cos I can't quite figure out the exact numbers.. (I'm a kg's girl :p: ) I haven't lost that much yet, but I can see the difference in my body, and I feel a lot fitter which is the most important thing imo..

ReputationRep:
    I had a session with a personal trainer today and he was awesome!! Cos I was fed up with the CV stuff he was showing me all this free weights and other stuff. Was fun He made me do 40 reps of everything tho in sets of 20 and if I wasn't having to actually try to do the thing he was like "errr yeah that's a bit easy for you" and he'd like put loads more weight on... he had me doing pressups whilst balancing my hands on half a swiss ball thing.

yay! and he gonna do some boxing with me next time cos he knows i miss my martial arts!

It's like the first time I've actually left the gym happy and in pain! =D
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well done about your weight loss SW and don't worry about letting go this week,like you said, you know it's ok to eat some food and you know you've just had some empty calories this week but it's ok, because you'll be back eating healthy in no time :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, not actively losing at the moment but here to help y'all out.

CW: 125lbs (size 12)

LW: 80lbs (size 4)
    HW: 154lbs (size 14-16)

PM me anyone who thinks that they might understand my mind

ReputationRep:
    Right girls I need some help.

It's come to a point where I really need help maintaining my weight because it is starting to affect my health; in that my nails are flaking badly, my hair is dull, I'm getting dizzy spells etc.

Thing is I've been maintaing for a good 2 months now and I don't understand why all these symptoms are startying to crop up now and I'm worried about eating more even though I KNOW i'm a healthy weight and I KNOW I look better and I KNOW my health is more important but I can't help being paranoid about putting weight on and I am quite aware of how selfish that sounds

So upset about my mind state right now

ReputationRep:
    Do you get enough calcium and protein??

These are the two things I can think of that would affect nails/hair.

And then your dizzy spells could be caused by lack of sugar - are you eating enough fruit??

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I get enough calcium to sink a boat and I know I eat a good amount of protein.

I was thinking of getting some iron tablet, already take multivitamins but iron is meant to be good for hair and nails I think

ReputationRep:
    What CW are you maintaining?
    May be able to help you.

(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    I'm pretty sure I get enough calcium to sink a boat and I know I eat a good amount of protein.

I was thinking of getting some iron tablet, already take multivitamins but iron is meant to be good for hair and nails I think
    Iron is meant to be good for hair and nails. One the suspected causes of my hair thinning out last year was lack of iron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehitabel)
    What CW are you maintaining?
    May be able to help you.
    Around 9 stone at 5ft 7

ReputationRep:
    ChocolateEyes, would it be worth going to your GP to check for anaemia? It's also possible that your symptoms aren't weight-related...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    ChocolateEyes, would it be worth going to your GP to check for anaemia? It's also possible that your symptoms aren't weight-related...
    Already been, my bloodwork is normal
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If your eating a varied diet, and your blood work is normal, it may not be diet related - Only other nutrient i can think of is vitamin A (liver, carrots, green veg like broccoli, melon, eggs, mango, beetroot etc.) Remember multivitamin tablets have a poorer absorption from the gut than say food so you might still be deficient in the things like iron and calcium (thought they would have showed in the blood tests though).

Perhaps try upping your intake ever so slightly - perhaps your body is just saying it wants more calories.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, had a muller rice and some Roses last night after bleating about how I'm now 8st 12lbs and feeling uber slim..won't stay like that for too long if I do that every day ! I went to the gym today though after feeling really ill earlier so I'm trying not to feel too bad.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    Oh dear, had a muller rice and some Roses last night after bleating about how I'm now 8st 12lbs and feeling uber slim..won't stay like that for too long if I do that every day ! I went to the gym today though after feeling really ill earlier so I'm trying not to feel too bad.
    Don't worry about the muller rice - they are good calories. the roses are full of vitamin D, so theres an excuse for them too. Anyway, these little treats now and again are what keeps us on the diets.

i was looking for a wispa earlier for my treat, i've been super good diet wise lately, but couldn't find one!

ReputationRep:
    I have decided I am going to be super good all week and then have warm chocolate cake and ice cream from work next wednesday :coma:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    good choice!!!

mmm - anyone use the tesco tracker? I've just put in my foods, and it can't add up my calories! From the table it shows me of foods for today theres 1000 kcal when i add it up manually, but the table with comparison with the recommendations says that its over 2300 calories! I'm confused!!!

ReputationRep:
    tesco tracker is fooked IMHO... it did the same thing for me...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.