TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by leona)
Mata: you make me feel very lazy! Do you workout like that every day? Its pretty impressive!
Yep. If I do 1.5 hours I feel that's a 'minimum' and I really prefer to do closer to 2 hours. It's not impressive, it's just that I've found the thing that keeps me the size I want to be and I'm definitely not going to let that go! :p:

Pink Sparkles: I'm at Peterhouse, where are you? Gardies do the best cheesy chips in town. Plus you get to be quasi-famous with your photo on the wall! Although if you go to Regent Street, the chippie there mixes the cheese in beautifully. Mmmm. Oh, balls, thinking about chips now...
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mata you have the kind of exercise addiction and determination i had before my holiday - you put me to shame!

i haven't been to the gym in TWO WEEKS. Mind you, for a week of that i was incredibly ill and couldn't even leave my house to buy loo roll (i had to use kitchen roll when i ran out lol because i was too weak to walk to the shops!) so i guess that's an excuse, and then last week i was moving house.

i'm all moved into my new house at the mo, and as i won't have tv or internet set up for another month (have to rely on internet at work now lol) i'll have no excuse not to gym it after work! the only days obviously i can't gym will be when i'm working back to back at the firm and the bar, but i'll try to go at 6.30am like i used to on those days. Not too fussed if i don't though.

so i'm actually quite excited that my evenings will consist of working out and reading (i'm doing a literature degree so it'll be good to have a head start on my reading anyway). yay, SO excited about going back to uni after having the year working, it'll be weird though because all my friends will be the year above me, so i'll have to make new friends with people who've already established their friendship groups .

hope people will like me :puppyeyes:
sauce
Report 11 years ago
they won't like you
they'd be silly not to love teh graceh :teeth: :hugs:
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh dear - i've hardly been to the gym all summer! costs way too much!
grace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
they won't like you
they'd be silly not to love teh graceh :teeth: :hugs:
heeehee, thanks, i'm assuming you didn't mean the first part of the post!
sauce
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by grace)
heeehee, thanks, i'm assuming you didn't mean the first part of the post!
of course i didnt mean the first part :^_^:
you should be so proud of yourself for all your hard work to lose weight, i really do and have admired your determination compared to mine lol wooo the prospect of uni must be exciting

on another note..my back hurts :>.<:
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
of course i didnt mean the first part :^_^:
you should be so proud of yourself for all your hard work to lose weight, i really do and have admired your determination compared to mine lol wooo the prospect of uni must be exciting

on another note..my back hurts :>.<:
I agree. ;yes; Grace you've done amazing.

:dito: to the back comment. Mines been hurting for nearly a week now.. :bawling:

I should go to the gym today, but i know it's gonna be empty (and with the boring trainer) so i don't know if i want to go. And i'm meant to be going out with my friends today, we just haven't arranged anything yet, so i might not have time anyway!

At least tomorrow i go back to college tomorrow, which is when my new goal of 4 stone by 1st November will start.. :afraid:
x~PiNk~x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well Im back to my pre holiday weight of 9 stone 8lbs which is good
Ive been to the gym a couple of times a week for the past 3 weeks but Im not really putting a lot of effort into it The summer holidays are making me lazy! I cant wait to go back to college! Get my old routine back and be able to go to the gym most evenings I actually enjoy it when I know I finish college around 2pm and can then just go straight to the gym up the road for as long as I want
Hope everyones ok xxx
mc_hamster
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So I actually paid to go to the gym today as my contract ran out on Friday. It's only £2.80 student rate so that's not bad. But it may get to the point where I can't afford that, plus I'll be going to uni in 2 weeks 5 days (yay). I was wondering if I suddenly cut out the weights and carry on doing just cardio, will it make much difference?
I did 35 minutes on the treadmill, did some jogging, brisk walking on an incline and some jogging on a incline. The whole brisk walking thing on the incline is really working my stomach, I can feel it working. I might go and cycle into town in a minute, I'm so bored and need something to do. I really hate sitting around doing nothing.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
more calories are burnt doing cardio (i would imagine) so i think in terms of weight control, doing cardio is probably better for your body anyway. If you keep up the cardio, i don't think you will suddenly put on lots of weight because you've only cutr out the weights.

Keeping the diet on track too - so not too much binging.

The cycling should be good too.

I wish my gym did a student rate - at least £10 per visit, or 12 month contract but you have to give them 3 months notice when you leave. At least i'll be back at uni in less than 4 weeks!
mc_hamster
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
more calories are burnt doing cardio (i would imagine) so i think in terms of weight control, doing cardio is probably better for your body anyway. If you keep up the cardio, i don't think you will suddenly put on lots of weight because you've only cutr out the weights.

Keeping the diet on track too - so not too much binging.

The cycling should be good too.

I wish my gym did a student rate - at least £10 per visit, or 12 month contract but you have to give them 3 months notice when you leave. At least i'll be back at uni in less than 4 weeks!
No I'm fine on every other part of weight loss, exercise and diet. I've been doing it for four months now so I know what suits me diet and exercise wise. It was just the weights thing I wasn't sure about.
Cheers though.

Yes, cardio does burn more calories then weights. But it is up to the amount of time you spend doing each one I suppose.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I see it as cardio is for burning calories, weights really just tone... but thats my opinion...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A few months ago I (diliberately) bought these trousers that I could fit into. They were so tight round the thighs and they didn't even do up round the waist. Tried 'em today and they fit perfectly - so :proud: . I haven't really lost lbs for months, but I must have shaped up and lost inches or something
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pink Sparkles)
Ooh fellow Cambridge people, what colleges you at? Gardies is sooo tempting after a night out at cindies, chips in pitta bread with mayo ..... and i wonder why i put on weight at uni lol :p:
Don't forget Tatties.

I'm at Trinity - we should have a Cambridge Weight Loss Soc Meet.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
Aw! I hate people like that Mata, I always look a state when I'm in the gym and it annoys me so much when people look at you like you're a two headed monster. What makes me laugh though is that most of them are fatter than me because they come in, take slow walk on the treadmill, do a lazy cycle then away they go.
My butt seems to sweat when I exercise and I once wore beige cotton shorts to the gym. I realised after that I must have looked like I wet myself
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
A few months ago I (diliberately) bought these trousers that I could fit into. They were so tight round the thighs and they didn't even do up round the waist. Tried 'em today and they fit perfectly - so :proud: . I haven't really lost lbs for months, but I must have shaped up and lost inches or something
Thats great! Well done! :party:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
Thats great! Well done! :party:
Fankee - I was so happy and so didn't expect it because I've been stuck at 10.5 stones since June
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
My butt seems to sweat when I exercise and I once wore beige cotten shorts to the gym. I realised after that I must have looked like I wet myself
I leave lovely bum prints on all the machines
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
I leave lovely bum prints on all the machines
:ditto: Which is why when i go to the gym i carry a little gym towel too to wipe the seat afterwards!
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I just use the towels there lol! And hope no-one sees it before I can clean it. Mind you I'm always a mess at the gym so I don't suppose it matters.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads