The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had M&Ms at the cinema ummm. I think I kind of managed to miss a meal today though which probably made up for it. =/

I really need to get into the routine of going to the gym, I only seem to be going like twice a week!!
I'm ill, got a bad cold and possibly a bit of a chest infection so all I feel like doing is lying in bed watching dvds and resting. I know its silly to try and follow a diet or anything when I'm ill but I was wondering if anyone could suggest healthy food thats easy because I'm so energy less and tempted to just eat junk for comfort and because its easy..like yesterday I got a subway for tea on my way home because I could face cooking. I don't want feeling rubbish to undo any weight loss work I've done so far!!
Well it's weigh day for me - lets see if slimming world works :wink:
Reply 6543
happydinosaur
I'm ill, got a bad cold and possibly a bit of a chest infection so all I feel like doing is lying in bed watching dvds and resting. I know its silly to try and follow a diet or anything when I'm ill but I was wondering if anyone could suggest healthy food thats easy because I'm so energy less and tempted to just eat junk for comfort and because its easy..like yesterday I got a subway for tea on my way home because I could face cooking. I don't want feeling rubbish to undo any weight loss work I've done so far!!

awww :hugs: pitta bread toasted takes like 20 secs and you can have it with so many things! hummus, peanut butter(natural), lf mature cheese and a bit of lf salad cream. So good and so filling (and pretty healthy!)
I'm only saying pitta cus I've got one now:p: it's like the healthy version of the cheese and bean wrap or similar they do at tesco/m&s etc. It's brown slightly toasted pitta(couldnt find any good dates on seeded tortilla hl wraps/couldnt find any brown ones. I've got mixed beans with a little vinagrette(drained msot of the vinagrette from the twin. Two slices of halfr fat mature cheese and lf mature cheese. it's really good!
get better soon! and tell me the ingredients you have readily avalaible so I can help more :hugs:
Lilian
awww :hugs: pitta bread toasted takes like 20 secs and you can have it with so many things! hummus, peanut butter(natural), lf mature cheese and a bit of lf salad cream. So good and so filling (and pretty healthy!)
I'm only saying pitta cus I've got one now:p: it's like the healthy version of the cheese and bean wrap or similar they do at tesco/m&s etc. It's brown slightly toasted pitta(couldnt find any good dates on seeded tortilla hl wraps/couldnt find any brown ones. I've got mixed beans with a little vinagrette(drained msot of the vinagrette from the twin. Two slices of halfr fat mature cheese and lf mature cheese. it's really good!
get better soon! and tell me the ingredients you have readily avalaible so I can help more :hugs:

I have pitta bread :smile: In the cupboard/fridge I have pitta bread, beans, spaghetti hoops, tuna, ryvita, tinned sweetcorn, philadelphia, branston pickle, a green pepper, a couple of baking potatoes. Somerfield is literally just a couple of minutes down the road from my house though so at least I can get to a shop if need be. My main problem is that I don't feel hungry enough to be bothered with cooking.:frown:

ooh just remembered that I have some tins of soup :smile:
Reply 6545
happydinosaur
I have pitta bread :smile: In the cupboard/fridge I have pitta bread, beans, spaghetti hoops, tuna, ryvita, tinned sweetcorn, philadelphia, branston pickle, a green pepper, a couple of baking potatoes. Somerfield is literally just a couple of minutes down the road from my house though so at least I can get to a shop if need be. My main problem is that I don't feel hungry enough to be bothered with cooking.:frown:

ooh just remembered that I have some tins of soup :smile:

awww :frown: tuna and sweetcorn on a jacket potato :biggrin:! (though I don't eat ti anymore-veggie. and evening meal a pitta toasted with baked beans=:coma:
Lilian
awww :frown: tuna and sweetcorn on a jacket potato :biggrin:! (though I don't eat ti anymore-veggie. and evening meal a pitta toasted with baked beans=:coma:

Pitta and beans sounds good.
Period pains are messing up my gym routine! It's annoying!!! When you want to go to the gym but you just can't :frown:

On a side note though, I haven't had chocolate for 2 months and 1 day :biggrin:
lulubelle
YEah Baileys is DIVINE... :tongue: Is my favourite alcoholic drink! And yeah am on a gap year - going to South Africa in April and doing safari for three weeks. Gdness knows what the food will be like! am q. worried that will just be those army-style packets of food which contain about 1000cals a serving to keep up energy levels or whatever. My travel nurse says that i can't have any salads over there either becuase i might get ill from the water the leaves are washed in....great!

I've seen those little cups advertised btw and always wanted to try one but i dnt know where they sell them! Tell me how they are though!

Ah, I'm so jealous of your gap year plans - I want another gap year :frown: It'll probably be really hot while you're in SA so you probably won't want to eat that much anyway - I always find that my appetite goes away loads in the heat. Thats annoying that you can't have salads though.

I ate loads of pick and mix last night so have had a super-healthy day today so am feeling pretty good atm :smile: Had breakfast really late so just had some fruit during the day and then dinner so will def be under my calorie limit for today so will make up for last night!
I've eaten quite a lot the last few days.. a good 2-300 cals over my aim of 1200 but I don't really care.. I weighed in yesterday at 9st 2 (lowest in as long as I remember weighing myself!) and then again this morning (I weighed again to see if it was just a random blip but apparently not!) so am relatively content with my weight. I'd love to get down to 9st just because it feels like a proper milestone but we'll see.
Well I'm sure the scales that hubby and I used at the chemist this morning were dodgy. They told me I'd lost less than 1lb (possible?) and that my husband had gained 4 stone :s-smilie: (highly improbable). So I can't adjust my tickers really.
I've ordered some scales from online - when they arrive in a few days time we can weigh ourselves properly :smile:
The thing is that you don't get many scales that go up as high as my husband's weight - so I've had to order some high capacity scales.
Argh I don't know what's wrong with me, my motivation is lost! I'm not eating loads, but just the wrong things, yesterday I had a cheese, sweetcorn and pesto wrap! Sooo good but sooo calorific! And today i had half a pack of that tortellini pasta stuff from tesco italian range,with a sauce!! And my dad just cooked me vegetarian chilli with rice. Eeeeep, although that is all i've eaten so it's not like i've been snacking in between and been really naughty. But I'm at my highest weight ever now. :frown:
Argh, someone please stop me from going to get bread with nutella!! I'm not hungry hungry, but I crave nutella + bread!! But it's 10, so no real point in eating now..
EvilSheep
Argh, someone please stop me from going to get bread with nutella!! I'm not hungry hungry, but I crave nutella + bread!! But it's 10, so no real point in eating now..

You're not hungry, it's late and all it's going to do is add lbs. Instead, go to bed nice and early and wake up happy with your nice flat tummy rather than being annoyed tomorrow morn that you're bloated :smile:
beebeeworm
You're not hungry, it's late and all it's going to do is add lbs. Instead, go to bed nice and early and wake up happy with your nice flat tummy rather than being annoyed tomorrow morn that you're bloated :smile:

Thankies :smile:
Btw bee, Isn't a BMI of 18.4 considered underweight?? I know BMI is not really that accurate, but still, don't overdo it sweetcheeks!
Reply 6556
Hey guys :smile: Sorry to hear you're feeling ill Sam :frown: I always find soup with bread is good when you're feeling rough :smile: minimal effort and easy to eat :smile:

I've had a good couple of days, did 1200 yesterday, and 1000 today, still put on 1lb though :frown: how does that work?!
Reply 6557
EvilSheep

I feel your pain... I just had some crackers and started to open a nutri-grain bar, but thought better of it and threw it away :frown:

I'm not hungry so why is my body telling me it wants more food?
twiga
I feel your pain... I just had some crackers and started to open a nutri-grain bar, but thought better of it and threw it away :frown:

I'm not hungry so why is my body telling me it wants more food?

Yeah, I'm not hungry either, but have got serious period cramps, so it'd kinda be comfort eating.. WHich I know is really bad.. :frown:
Reply 6559
EvilSheep
Yeah, I'm not hungry either, but have got serious period cramps, so it'd kinda be comfort eating.. WHich I know is really bad.. :frown:

The day I learn to emotionally detatch from food will be a good one lol.

Hope the cramps get better :redface:

Latest