TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
liladriel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just eaten the biggest salad...feel SO full but was less than 300cals and was probably 3 of my 5-a-day

Lulubell - a stone since November is pretty good - how much are you trying to lose btw? It takes longer the less you have, hence why someone who has say, 5 stones to lose could probably lose a stone in a month whereas if you're near your target weight then weightloss can be as little as 0.5lbs per week but it doens't matter so long as you're losing or staying the same rather than gaining weight

I'm aiming for a super-healthy week as have my ball tomorrow so will have small meals before it and am going to Paris on Friday so must get in 3 healthy days before I go so that when I am there I will feel like I deserve to treat myself to yummy French food
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Eugh I was doing really good today and then I had lunch, decided I was still hungry, so just had three bowls of granola cereal one after another. I only opened the pack today (I've been sticking to non-sugary cereals like porridge) and then it was like I couldn't stop eating it! I just threw it away to stop me eating any more, but it feels like such a waste that I ate that much when I really didn't need to! So either soup or no dinner for me tonight, depending on how hungry I am in an hour or so.
I've done that before...yes i'ts frustrating and annoying but it's only cereal so much less bad for your weightloss than if you had binged on cake/chocolate etc. Maybe the fact that you were still hungry means you're not eating enough cals overall? And don't skip dinner as then you'll be really hungry by breakfast tomorrow, just try to get back to your usual eating routine as soon as possible

I find it really easy to binge on cereal so I've started putting a tiny sticky dot on the box whenever I have a bowl of it - It sounds silly but I always thing about how I'd feel if I had to put 3 dots on if I binged and it also prevents me just randomly eating dry cereal too. I use a little scoop thing to measure out my bowls so one scoop = one sticky dot.
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
weigh in day tomorrow :teeth: progress please!!!
tinkerbellejess
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lulubelle)
im really fed up!!!people on here seem to lose stones(s) really quickly - ie. in a couple of months etc and i've been dieting since november and only lost a stone

plus am having real difficulty sticking to my daily limit cos i have to eat staff lunch and dinner and is always *something* WITH chips. i only ever have a few but is difficult when the something else is stuff like lasagne or sausages because they're all really fatty and calorific.

And is my bday tomo and can just see myself letting go for the day now... must send immediate message to hips so they can prepare themselves!
It's my birthday on friday, just got to try not to go too overboard! Going out for dinner on tuesday with my parents and then going out on friday, so I'm going to try and be VERY good the rest of the time!
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have a day off work tomorrow (hip hip hip hip hooray!) so am gonna do a 2 hour gym session and then study. Hooray.

I think I'm gonna try the treadmill AFTER I've knackered myself with weights and other stuff cos then I might just do it automatically and not get bored?? lol
~Sam~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by liladriel)
I've done that before...yes i'ts frustrating and annoying but it's only cereal so much less bad for your weightloss than if you had binged on cake/chocolate etc. Maybe the fact that you were still hungry means you're not eating enough cals overall? And don't skip dinner as then you'll be really hungry by breakfast tomorrow, just try to get back to your usual eating routine as soon as possible

I find it really easy to binge on cereal so I've started putting a tiny sticky dot on the box whenever I have a bowl of it - It sounds silly but I always thing about how I'd feel if I had to put 3 dots on if I binged and it also prevents me just randomly eating dry cereal too. I use a little scoop thing to measure out my bowls so one scoop = one sticky dot.
That does sound like a good idea - I find myself randomly eating dry cereal too just because it's there in front of me and really quick and easy to eat. But I suppose you're right, there's worse things to binge on.

I've been thinking today that there's probably waay too much sugar in my diet which probably messes up my blood sugar levels and leaves me craving more all the time. I can easily go weeks without craving crisps, pizza, chips, etc but I just find myself wanting chocolate, yoghurt and fruit all the time.

So starting tomorrow i'm going to try to seriously cut down on sugary food to see if that helps my cravings. So no chocolate for me until the weekend! Going to try to snack on veg sometimes too instead of fruit all the time.
djk_99
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
That does sound like a good idea - I find myself randomly eating dry cereal too just because it's there in front of me and really quick and easy to eat. But I suppose you're right, there's worse things to binge on.

I've been thinking today that there's probably waay too much sugar in my diet which probably messes up my blood sugar levels and leaves me craving more all the time. I can easily go weeks without craving crisps, pizza, chips, etc but I just find myself wanting chocolate, yoghurt and fruit all the time.

So starting tomorrow i'm going to try to seriously cut down on sugary food to see if that helps my cravings. So no chocolate for me until the weekend! Going to try to snack on veg sometimes too instead of fruit all the time.
Randomly saw your post there and came to investigate!
I've been snacking loads on chocolate too, it's all the stuff I got for my birthday!! Though I've been doing good with the Ferrero Rocher- one a day, so I have 3 left now lol. Though I have just eaten half a pack of chocolate fingers... they were on bogof in Tesco and I just can't resist!!
Try snacking on carrots or celery dipped in humous or peanut butter, it's really yum! That's my new thing at the mo. Or a handful of nuts are also quite good for you, you can get mixed cashews and dried cranberries from Tesco. Or make a fruitbowl and put that in your room, then you'll snack on bananas and grapes instead.
leona
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I find that sugar manages to sneak its way into my diet. I use the Tesco tracker thing which tells you how much sugar youve had and I ALWAYS go over my limit, sometimes like 150%, even though the only really sugary stuff I eat is fruit, and I only have a few pieces a day. I never have chocolate or sweet stuff. Sugar just seems to be in everything lol.
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by leona)
I find that sugar manages to sneak its way into my diet. I use the Tesco tracker thing which tells you how much sugar youve had and I ALWAYS go over my limit, sometimes like 150%, even though the only really sugary stuff I eat is fruit, and I only have a few pieces a day. I never have chocolate or sweet stuff. Sugar just seems to be in everything lol.
I find the same! Even when I've had less cals and fat than the recommended amounts on the tracker I'm always over on the sugar :confused: It's odd as I never eat chocolate/cakes/biscuits etc either and yet even stuff that seems healthy can have a lot of sugar in - Special K, cereal bars and dried fruit are pretty high and even standard fruit is quite sugar-y too but aside from cutting out stuff like Nutrigrain bars I don't see how I can eat less sugar without depriving myself of essential nutrients. Hmm. I've bought some carrot sticks and cherry tomatos so will be having them for the next couple of days
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by djk_99)
Randomly saw your post there and came to investigate!
I've been snacking loads on chocolate too, it's all the stuff I got for my birthday!! Though I've been doing good with the Ferrero Rocher- one a day, so I have 3 left now lol. Though I have just eaten half a pack of chocolate fingers... they were on bogof in Tesco and I just can't resist!!
Try snacking on carrots or celery dipped in humous or peanut butter, it's really yum! That's my new thing at the mo. Or a handful of nuts are also quite good for you, you can get mixed cashews and dried cranberries from Tesco. Or make a fruitbowl and put that in your room, then you'll snack on bananas and grapes instead.
I can't have peanut butter in the house cos Sam is allergic to it! I miss it . Homous is good though, my problem is that i'm too lazy to peel and cut carrots! God that's really bad! I'm off to tesco tomorrow (bright and early!) to stock up on fruit and veg.
I think i'm just feeling fat at the moment cos i've spent all weekend sitting in front of the computer writing essays, doing no exercise and just eating crap.
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ugh eaten lots today.. that's my second day in a row over 1500cals. My stomach looks massive but hopefully that's cos I've drunk a lot on top of what I've eaten and it will go down by tomorrow. Shouldn't have eaten stuff so late though, I just had food at 10pm. Naughty.
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had some apple tart at my carvery today and then some biscuits and chocolates when I got home.. oh well, I've lost 2lbs in the past 2 weeks when I haven't eaten any junk so it shouldn't really affect me but no more junk at all till 5 day holiday in 10 days time!
lulubelle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oooooooooo I just got in from work and everyones in bed but i went to get a highlights hot chocolate and discovered pain aux chocolats and a big PINK bday cake on the table. Is gnna be a big day!(quite literally!)

Oh! I also made a discovery this week - in Iceland they have these really good birds eye cottage pies which are only 234 cals and £1! Can shove them in the micro and they taste really good. PLUS another great find was this frozen mediterranean veg mix - is deffo my snack of the month. £1 for a bag (maybe £2) and you just put some of the frozen veg into a bowl and heat in micro and is a really low-cal healthy snack. Are nice veg too - onions and red peppers etc and are lightly coated in some basil sauce which tastes lush. 100grams of the veg is only 50 cals so is really good for a pick-me up.

Anyone else got any healthy snack ideas?

and to tinkerbellejess- happy bday for fri!!!
lulubelle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Lulubell - a stone since November is pretty good - how much are you trying to lose btw?
Just half a stone but i'm always on a constant plateau! Lucky you going to a ball! Have a fab time! AND lucky you going to Paris. I went there last jan for a week when i was in U6th with a friend of mine from french class was such fun - i met a really gorgeous parisien man under the eiffel tower (how cliche!) and was tricked into going to the banana cafe which is in fact, a gay bar! Very funny night!
ellabella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow a pink birthday cake! lucky u lulu! and happy birthday

i feel craaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppp ive got 10 hours to write an essay... 4 in total this week and ive done nothing so far... agh i suck...
sauce
Report 10 years ago
lost about a lb this weekish, still better than nothing and seeing as I did eat late last night etc it's probably a little bit more oh well slowly and surely and all that, shall see next monday
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Happy Birthday Lulu - enjoy the pink birthday cake
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lulubelle)
Just half a stone but i'm always on a constant plateau! Lucky you going to a ball! Have a fab time! AND lucky you going to Paris. I went there last jan for a week when i was in U6th with a friend of mine from french class was such fun - i met a really gorgeous parisien man under the eiffel tower (how cliche!) and was tricked into going to the banana cafe which is in fact, a gay bar! Very funny night!
Thanks I'll hopefully have some nice pics of me in my ball dress - I never usually get full length pics taken of me so it's good to have them for weighloss progress! I'm hoping there's some nice food at the ball too - it's in the ballroom used in the film Titanic so should be fab! Your Paris trip sounds fun - hopefully I'll meet a gorgeous Parisien too I'm so excited about the French fooooood!

Congrats on losing a pound, Lilian
sauce
Report 10 years ago
Thanks I'll hopefully have some nice pics of me in my ball dress - I never usually get full length pics taken of me so it's good to have them for weighloss progress! I'm hoping there's some nice food at the ball too - it's in the ballroom used in the film Titanic so should be fab! Your Paris trip sounds fun - hopefully I'll meet a gorgeous Parisien too I'm so excited about the French fooooood!

Congrats on losing a pound, Lilian
Thanks, also I weighed wearing my PJs as well so I don;t think it's that accurate but as accurate as I'd get it!!! No point in getting hung up about weight anywqay cus I know I'm eating a lot better!
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyone seems to be doing really well

I'm happy cos, despite my late night snack(s!) (a small apple, a mini cornetto, an alpen light bar AND a snack size aero - total of about 250cals) I still weighed in at what I'd hoped this morn 1lb more and I'll have lost one and a half stone I wouldn't want to lose any more than that really, I don't want to cross over into looking too thin.

I tried my old jeans on this morn (which barely did up at my biggest) and they fall down now I love trying on old clothes to really prove how far I've come
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (116)
72.96%
No (43)
27.04%

Watched Threads