The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

beebeeworm
Everyone seems to be doing really well :smile:

I'm happy cos, despite my late night snack(s!) (a small apple, a mini cornetto, an alpen light bar AND a snack size aero - total of about 250cals) I still weighed in at what I'd hoped this morn :smile: 1lb more and I'll have lost one and a half stone :biggrin: I wouldn't want to lose any more than that really, I don't want to cross over into looking too thin.

I tried my old jeans on this morn (which barely did up at my biggest) and they fall down now :biggrin: I love trying on old clothes to really prove how far I've come :smile:

Yayness!! =D And lol that sounds like a good midnight snack :tongue: :biggrin:

Now I have to brave the rain eek...
happy birthday lulu!

well I had a dreadful weekend food-wise but never mind, back on the wagon now.
Happy birthday lulu!

I'm dreading braving the rain to get to the gym in a minute...I'm also handing in a cv for a job today and I really didn't want to go for the drowned rat look!
I'm so depressed I'm just gonna eat and eat and eat.
dita_parlo
I'm so depressed I'm just gonna eat and eat and eat.

Oh no! What's the matter dita?
I don't know really, my boyfriend has been funny with me all weekend and he won't tell me what's wrong and I'm just worried that he's changed his mind about having a baby and stuff... I just wish he would TALK to me cos all sorts of terrible things are running through my mind. He just came home for his dinner break from work and didn't talk to me or kiss me goodbye or anything :frown:
:hello:

Aaaargh why am I always so crap at the weekends?

Monday to Friday afternoon I do so well - because i'm shopping for myself, I eat plenty of fruit, vegetables, lean meats, wholegrains etc... I always have between 1100 and 1400 cals (usually around 1200) and I only have a treat on Thursday (something like a 2 finger kit-kat). And I go to the gym everyday.

However, I never stay at uni at weekends - I either go stay with my bf or go home, so I can't go to the gym and I eat takeaways, chocolate, alcohol etc... I always think to myself "oh well i'll start again on Monday" but the problem is all my good work is undone at the weekend, so I don't actually end up losing a pound. I find it so difficult to keep on track!

And I feel even worse this weekend because I came home and my best friend has lost about a stone and a half since i've last seen her, and she looks AMAZING! I feel like even more of a big fat lump now!

I really am determined now, I want to lose a stone and a half by my birthday in July, I know I can do it if I put my mind to it :smile:

Oh and if there's any cheesecake fans like me out there, here's my substitution! Ginger biscuit + extra lite philly + little bit of low sugar jam = yum yum yum and only about 50 or 60 kcals :biggrin:
Sainsbury's do Be Good to Yourself raspberry cheesecakes in little pots - only 155cals each and taste AMAZING :smile:
beebeeworm
Sainsbury's do Be Good to Yourself raspberry cheesecakes in little pots - only 155cals each and taste AMAZING :smile:

i bought them once but i'm really not a fan... the raspberry bit is too sickly and the base was disappointing
Ahh see I like a lot of fruit and not much base so I love them :smile:
base is the best bit!
:love:
I'm so excited about dinner tonight :smile: Hopefully will be something I like as have been super good all day (on about 500cals) so will be able to treat myself! I'm hoping that dessert is something chocolate-y as have been wanting some for a few days and don't really like non-chocolate desserts.
Reply 6672
I've been pretty good today :smile:. Haven't had any chocolate and instead treated myself to one of those eat natural cereal bars with nuts, apricot and raisins. They're more calories than normal cereal bars but have less sugar and other crap in so I decided it was worth it! Also had a dessert of (low fat) natural yoghurt with some honey after dinner so my sweet tooth has still been satisfied today, just without lots of chocolate or sugary cereal.
Reply 6673
Major meh

Just been to the gym, I thought I'd have a good session and really take out all my frustrations and worries and stuff but instead I seemed to have no energy or the will to really do anything. And I had a pain au chocolat for lunch today dammit.

I broke up with my bf on saturday and just feel so...like...whats the point. Also I actually dont have the urge to binge on chocolate or ben and jerrys, I feel as though I should lol. I seem to have gone the other way and lost my appetite slightly.
poopy doo. such is life.
I've eaten so much today and am still hungry!! 1400 calories tho...
Reply 6675
thepinkpowerranger
I've eaten so much today and am still hungry!! 1400 calories tho...

1400 calories isn't 'so much'! How many do you try to eat a day? I'm always starving if I eat less than that
Tescos do a good cheesecake in a pot for like 250-300 kcals.. they do it in summer fruits, strawberry and another one called apricot or something but I haven't tried that flavour yet... the strawberry and summer fruit ones are so yummy though and not too much so they're good for a treat :biggrin:
I've eaten lots of naughty things again today but I've reached about 1400 which isn't too bad and I won't be eating anything more. I'm just hoping I can continue to maintain my weight eating this much because I'm eating more like 1400-1700cals a day rather than 1100-1400 as I have been previously.

Time will tell I guess! Every day I intend to have a really good day to balance out all my naughtier days but it just isn't working out like that when I'm at home working all day.
~Sam~
1400 calories isn't 'so much'! How many do you try to eat a day? I'm always starving if I eat less than that

I'm trying to eat between 1300 - 1600 a day. You're right it's not so much just I'd already had my dinner and I was hungry but didn't want to eat more than that... If that makes any sense =/
dita_parlo
I don't know really, my boyfriend has been funny with me all weekend and he won't tell me what's wrong and I'm just worried that he's changed his mind about having a baby and stuff... I just wish he would TALK to me cos all sorts of terrible things are running through my mind. He just came home for his dinner break from work and didn't talk to me or kiss me goodbye or anything :frown:

Men! My boyfriend does that, gets sulky for no reason. Maybe you could ask him (as tactfully as you can muster) whether he's having second thoughts, and let him know that his behaviour is upsetting you, as most of the time they don't even realise how their actions make us feel! :hugs: