This discussion is closed.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
What pills?
Oh, I just ran my Pill packet for longer.
cutelilchica
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Right, as I'm now back home for easter and have been for the past week, I am going to eat alot healthier and up the daily exercise.
you know it's time when your mum says your getting a little tummy!!

Had a nettle tea this morning, and special k sustain with a glass of orange juice.
So far so good!

Lunch will be quiche and salad, and I WILL do some of my new exercise video as well as go on a long walk today as the weather is so nice.

Hope everyone has a good easter weekend
liladriel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ Good luck with the healthy eating

I'm currently baking a cake - I love baking but just don't want to have massive cakes lying around the house so it will be taken to our family lunch tomorrow where I can have a small slice and not be tempted by the rest! Hopefully it'll be nice

I don't know what to have for lunch, I quite want to make a smoothie but don't know if I can be bothered to get all the blender out after already washing up all the cake making stuff!
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Oh, I just ran my Pill packet for longer.
What pills? lol I'm still none the wiser.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
contraceptive pill.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .jen.)
contraceptive pill.
oh.

She overdosed on the pill? :confused:
lulubelle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
And I'm craving some really bad junk food, but I haven't had BK or McDs since like errr 2007 I think.
I think so long as you incorporate the mcd's into your diet sensibly then it's fine - ie. it can be counted as a treat and won't harm you or your progress so long as you ensure that for rest of day you eat healthily ie. cereal for b/fast - macD for lunch - and soup for dinner with some options hot chocs as snacks.

you could get the cheeseburger and chips happy meal - only tots up to just over 500 cals =]

you need to have some days where you indulge a little - no chips or fast food since 07 is hectic girl!
lulubelle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anyone else on here tried subway lites? they goooood! =]
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
oh.

She overdosed on the pill? :confused:
nobody overdosed on anything ^o) she's not weird. she just ran two packs together i assume which is perfectly fine.
Gosha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So I'm back at home and could weigh myself - and lost about 4 kilos since January (about 8 pounds) - I know I should be happy but it's not as much as I had been expecting and made me feel fat again...Well I'll try to weigh myself tomorrow again - I ate way too much crap on Tuesday and yesterday so theoretically it may be also water weight or something?
Despite the disappointment, I somehow managed to eat well during the day - and exercised in the evening. I'm determined to lose at least three kilos (6 pounds) before I go back to uni (in nearly 6 weeks).
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm so freaking depressed right now. i've gone up from 47kgs before uni to 55kg after two terms! I've never in my life been anywhere near this weight and i hate it, especially when people comment about it, as if i hadn't noticed.
I'm on easter break now and am determined to lose as much as i possibly can. The depressing thing is i really miss my friends from home but keep putting off seeing them, because i dont want them to see me looking chubby, as the last time the saw me i was slim
Am planning on jogging most days and gyming as much as possible. i have 5 weeks so need to lose 3lbs a week...maybe abit much but honestly if i get below 50kg i'll be happy.

Wish me luck!
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck! I feel your pain though, it's depressing putting on weight when you've been used to losing. I've put on about 1.5lb since coming home for easter and I hate it. I know it's not a lot but it's noticeable I think.. my stomach is now a bit squishy where it used to be really flat. NOT happy.
Gosha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~the_one~)
I'm so freaking depressed right now. i've gone up from 47kgs before uni to 55kg after two terms! I've never in my life been anywhere near this weight and i hate it, especially when people comment about it, as if i hadn't noticed.
I'm on easter break now and am determined to lose as much as i possibly can. The depressing thing is i really miss my friends from home but keep putting off seeing them, because i dont want them to see me looking chubby, as the last time the saw me i was slim
Am planning on jogging most days and gyming as much as possible. i have 5 weeks so need to lose 3lbs a week...maybe abit much but honestly if i get below 50kg i'll be happy.

Wish me luck!
You are in the same situation I was after the first term (also put on nearly 8 kilos), and had a crap Christmas because of that (trie dto and managed to avoid meeting most of my school friends ).. I've started getting rid of it since then but it goes way too slowly.. Maybe - try to identify what you do differently at uni (compared to before) - lack of exercise? midnight pizzas? eating too many sweets when writing essays? - and try to change these..that's what's helping me I think.. good luck!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm the opposite, I lose weight at uni.

Girls I need some help. My BLASTED tummy is getting me down SO much. I got this gorgeous (and cheap!) pussy bow blouse that I had intended to wear with a black pencil skirt, and it looks GOOD apart from that my tummy bulge seems present. I normally don't bother coz I wear tops over (rather than tucked into) high waisted skirts, but it doesn't work with this blouse. SOOO could anyone who's a size 10 ish post a pic of themselves from the side wearing any top ticked into a high waisted skirt?? Sorry if this seems REALLY weird, but what I'm getting that is that I kinda want to know if 'my problem' happens to other 'real' people too. There's no point looking at online/catalogue pics coz the girls are all tiny and photoshopped.

Sorry if that makes NO sense - in any case if you do post a pic, you get 300 points of minimo rep!

I'm seriously gonna try to lose my tummy over the Easter hols. Back to dieting. Anyone have suggestions (preferably with yourube vids or summat) of exercises I can do in my room to help lose the tumtums? Thanks!!
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks, I guess the binge drinking doesnt help, or the pizzas/dounuts/take aways (eeek). I didnt exercise before uni, but have taken it up since to try and lose the excess weight.
The problem at uni is that i bordem eat so much, i never eat when i'm hungry, in fact i dont think i've felt hungry ate all at uni, i just stuff my face constantly. I know i'll just be so happy when i step on the scale and see 47 again, thats whats keeping me going.
plan: 1000cals a day MAX plus going for a run/cycle/gym a couple of times a week, i can do it damn it!!
ooze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~the_one~)

Wish me luck!
Exactly the same. Put on almost two stone this past two terms. Great ....

So I decided not to go back at Easter! Uugh. Possibly won't be back until Jun 6th so plenty of time to lose it though which is good.

I will NOT let this happen next year!
nyxie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey

i was wondering if any of you could answer my question, I have recently become serious about losing some inches. I was thinking 1200-1300 calories per day and will be restarting my exercise classes after easter, i have done just the calorie counting this week and averaged 1301 (would have been 1250 had it not been st patricks day this week...!). Is this to many calories and will i experience weightloss in the first week even without the exercise? When i get home this week from uni I am thinking of booking an appointment with the nurse to find out where I should be and general help with nutrition, good idea?

thanks and sorry for the rambling

o and my stats are
height- 5'6"
weight- 156 lb (officially overweight now :s)
hips- 40/39
waist- 30/29
chest- 34
Gosha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I'm seriously gonna try to lose my tummy over the Easter hols. Back to dieting. Anyone have suggestions (preferably with yourube vids or summat) of exercises I can do in my room to help lose the tumtums? Thanks!!
I've read somewhere that crunches and such exrecises are not really good - that the best way of gettting rid of tummy is cardio and eating properly (i.e. often and small portions).. Maybe try exercises like plank or bridge (looks like this - but keep your legs bent, with a right angle between your shin and thigh, and your corso and thighs..try to keep your knees just a few inches above the floor). And this one is really good for toning lower tummy
Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The past few days have not been good, diet wise. :laugh:

My flatmate has just celebrated turning 21 by eating her way there, really. Over the past three days we've been out doing birthday stuff with her, and I've consumed a three course restaurant meal, chocolate cake and hot chocolate, shared a Yo!Sushi veggie platter with 3 other people and had a ginormous chinese last night.

*pop buttons*

I'm back on track today, and determined to stick with healthy eating until I lose at least a stone. It seems I like the idea of food more than actually eating it. I'll convince myself that I need that chocolate bar otherwise I'll die...start eating it, then realise it's not that great. :rolleyes: I just need to remind myself of that.
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I cancelled work this afternoon (I did the morning shift and just couldn't take another several hours lol bad) and went to the gym! Just did cardio and body weight exercises! My target heart rate for fat loss is apparenly 130 before I used to hit that when walking but now I actually have to run to do so!! Good job I've started to be able to run for like 10 mins, then walk for a few then run some more.

I can't wait to get an easter egg on monday... haven't had one for 2 years!! Also will be able to eat crisps again as successfully gave them up for lent... Don't actually want them though!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (102)
19.73%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (211)
40.81%
Nope, not that interesting (204)
39.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed