The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ChocolateEyes

LILADRIEL - Can you tell me where you get those sugar free lollies? They sound good as I'm not really allowing myself any treats.

Nice to see you back and good luck sticking to the diet :smile:
I get them from a newsagent near where I live in London - they're called Cremosa I think and you should be able to get them from any big supermarket or newsagent - they're 35p each. I really like them for while I'm working as they're really sweet and last for ages.

I've had a few mini chocolate eggs today but don't feel too bad about it as it is Easter after all and I had healthy meals all day so should be fine. :smile: We don't have any chocolate in the house now so no temptation!

I love being just under a certail weight boundary - felt like such a big mile stone when I got to under 9 stone. I'm currently one pound under 8.5 stone which I think is a good weight for me to maintain at and still be healthy.

It's odd, I was looking back at pictures from the summer when I was 5-6lbs more than I am now and I look SO much bigger. I've lost around 10lbs in total which isn't really a huge deal but I look so much slimmer. I guess it's because I'm so short that every pound makes a big difference.
See even though I'm tall I can see a big difference with a matter of a few lbs. I love looking back and seeing fatter photos of me now, it makes me as happy as looking back at thinner photos made me sad before.
I like looking at fatter photos but it kinda makes me feel bad that I let myself put on weight in the first place :frown: Although now it makes me more determined never to put on weight and I know how much I can eat without gaining weight and I'm definitely a lot healthier than I used to be too :smile:
See I know how much I can eat to lose weight but I still haven't worked out how much I can eat and not gain weight. I really need to work it out. I think it's only around 1500cals because any more and I do seem to put on weight, it's really annoying.
It was my birthday yesterday - enjoyed it v much and was suprised with a huge birthday cake that was made for me :smile: but with drinking champagne and consumption of other stuff I threw up in the night but felt a lot better afterwards! The meal I had was great where I had as much as I wanted (probably explains throwing up - not used to eating so much :biggrin:)
Reply 6965
As crazy as it seems, I've decided it's time to stop trying to lose weight, completely. Screw the washboard tummy, I'm getting boney and that ain't nice. And screw worrying about the cellulite. It's time for minimo to be happy and enjoy food and stuff. I'm essentially doing this because I'm scraed my body's ****, but anyone who's going to see that much of me isn't going to care. And the same goes for my glaases and any spots I might have. I really don't deserve to spend my life so unhappy about these things. If people can't accept me, it sucks to be them.

I know it seems out of the blue, but I dunno, you kinda get to the point when it hits you.
i'm happy you've discovered this for yourself minimo, your zen moment kind of :smile: just don't forget it :smile::hugs:
Reply 6967
No, it's so weird, it just sort of *hit* me. I know it sounds so cliched, but I just feel that I so should't be worrying anymore. I mean it's only a bit of tummy! Who cares if it wobbles a bit? I'm not overweight, I'm healthy and I ought to be happy too :smile:

Hopefully I'll feel this way in the morning too!

Night xxx
:hugs: that's how it happens. i've had zen moments, but about other things,still waiting to reach my target weight then get my zen moment or just get it.whichever comes first lol (hopefully target weight hehe)

night x
beebeeworm
See I know how much I can eat to lose weight but I still haven't worked out how much I can eat and not gain weight. I really need to work it out. I think it's only around 1500cals because any more and I do seem to put on weight, it's really annoying.

It's around 1400cals for me when I'm at uni as I walk about 4km each day and am always really busy. Now that I'm home and being lazy I'm trying to have about 1200-1300 per day but trying to make my cals come from things that I can eat a lot of food but still have low cal meals like soups, salad etc rather than calorie dense unhealthy stuff. Hopefully I'll maintain my weight over the Easter break as it is annoying not knowing whether I'm gaining/losing/maintaining as I'm sure that sometimes when I have a few days when I feel I've eaten LOADS I actually end up weighting less :confused:

Glad you had a good birthday, Polka :smile:

And Minimo - I'm happy for you too, you look great and have done really well to lose weight so you definitely deserve to be happy :biggrin:
Reply 6970
wow, I STILL think like I did last night! Time to shower and face the world :smile:
Reply 6971
PMS has absoultely messed up my eating routine :mad: . I'm on 1200 calories already and I've been awake for only 3 hours :rolleyes: . AH well, I'll count the two bowls of muesli I've just had as my lunch - and will try to stick to only a 200 kcal snack and a 200 kcal supper later..And I'll exercise in the evening.

I also weighed myself this morning - and no weight loss after 4 really good days - but maybe that's because my period's coming and I'm bloated? I hope so :frown:
Doing my day of eating just fruit and veg today to kickstart my diet after a bad week. So far have eaten a delicious berry medley (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes) and it's going well :biggrin: Having home made vegetable soup for lunch soon.

Think i'll go for a run tonight too if the weather stays nice! I'd go now but i need it to be a bit darker before i can face people seeing me running looking like a loon :p:
That sounds so yummy, Jen. Good luck with the day of just fruit and veg - seems like a great way to start your diet. I want to go for a run too but never seem to get round to doing it :frown:

I'm going out for lunch with a friend so will probably have a salad of some sort and then have a nice-looking thai chicken soup for dinner later.
I've just had a small bowl of cereal for lunch :smile:

I've also got a small sized dinner plate which I'm going to use if I'm eating a meal so I don't feel deprived when I see a tiny amount of food in a big plate.
Good luck with your vegetarian day jen. I was supposed to have started that last year but I got lazy. I have friends who do it and they like it. It's good for the system,like a weekly cleanse...although they do it for more religious reasons.

i had a subway for lunch so i'm stuffed and it'll keep me full while i'm at work (which i'm not looking forward to :frown: )
I'm feeling quite good today. My body's not perfect but I don't hate it in changing room mirrors (which I swear are the least flattering things ever) and bought a tiny pair of size 10 skinny jeans today :smile:
hey everyone - hope you all had a good easter! I went a little overboard on the easter dinner in the end much as i tried to hold myself back. Unfortunately with 3 younger brothers and sisters my house is FULL of chocs etc, plus was 15 people here for the easter dinner and so we have loads of leftover choc roulade, banoffee pie etc in the fridge which is a measure of how i can resist temptation =] (hopefully) I also got three easter eggs - have already given one away and not sure what to do with the other two but fact is that they remain in wrappers (for time being...huh hummm!!!)

and liladirel - totally agree with something you said earlier in the thread about being shorter means it is more difficult to look slim. I'm 5ft 3 and it is a bugger -my friend's 5ft10 and she can eat for england and still look slim. Ah 'tis unfair!

and congrats minimo - u still sticking with your decision not to lose anymore weight?
Train journeys are bad for healthy eating.
Reply 6979
grrrr had a terrible couple of days! back on track tomorrow and no bad food till my birthday(3rd of april)

Latest