?
Report 10 years ago
The ones I use have 138kcals
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would say most jacket potatoes are usually over 200 calories - but they are good calories. Depends on the size, variety, and obviously fillings are extra.
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I thought mahussive ones could be as much as 300 or so calories!
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lulubelle)
make over =] nice idea! My mum bought me a special 45 min one as part of my birthday present but unfortunately haven't had the chance to go in and get it done yet.

And as for the person who comfort eats (sorry can't remember who posted!) if you do have to do it at least buy something like a milky way or one of those 99kcal dairy milk bars or a freddo or something as all of them are under 120 cals so not going to do much damage and you'll still get your comfort =] and as for the crisps just swap to quavers or french frries or walkers baked as all of those have under 100 kcals too. So not too many calories in total with both crisps and choccie hey?

hope you feel better anyway, cheer up =]
Thats what I do. I'm such a comfort eater but trying to stop. Sometimes it is really tough though so if I really feel like I have to turn to food then milky ways and fudge bars are my answer. I love the occassional bag of crisps too but its always quavers because they are yum and not too many calories.
thepinkpowerranger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm gonna go see if I can find a jacket potato for dinner now lol

Spent several hours whizzing round an ice rink today (and tried to learn how to go backwards, almost got it. And I didn't fall over once). And then I went to the gym aswell :eek: Cardo, bodyweight and a few free weight exercises. I can REALLY see the difference in my fitness... if only it would show that much in how I looked, have shifted a little under a stone since the beginning of February though. Onwards and upwards!

I was bad and had a Burger King kids meal before skating but urrr didn't have any breakfast and haven't eaten since... so just a lightish dinner.
~Star*Dust~
Report 10 years ago
Please can i join in with you all in this thread, i'm new but been browsing for a while and finally got the courage to join

I'm determined to lose weight, as ive got up to a size 14 and 11 stone, which at 5ft 2 isn't very good at all Think this society would really help me as i need all the motivation and tips i can get
BIG BAD BOB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Trying to lose a few pounds but I am so ****ing hungry, I could eat .. everything, it's ridiculous. Coffee should fill me up..
BIG BAD BOB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So then I go downstairs to get coffee and my mum pours me a gin and tonic...... :rolleyes:
SquishyHomie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
eee! i have about a stone left to lose. my weight loss has slowed right down, but now im on spring break, i shall be working my butt off :p:
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Been eating badly over Easter at home! Back at uni today and went food shopping, got mostly healthy stuff apart from a packet of bourbons which snuck their way in. Have had a few of them tonight and also ate two creme eggs which I had in cupboard from before Easter. That's just the snacks by the way, not the proper food I ate! Will weigh myself at the gym on Sunday see how much i've put on!
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dani_88)

I'm just having a bit of trouble getting back into exercise again - and i'm constantly craving carbs!! HELP!
I *love* carbs. Potatoes are amazing in all forms!
polka_dott
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wooh, back to the same weight I was before holiday... quite suprising considering all the junk I ate some days.
Kerry350
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thought I'd start posting in this thread. Nice to see everyone supporting one another.

I've been on Weight Watchers for a couple of months now. I've managed to come down from 11st 9lbs to 9st 10lbs, almost two stone lost. I've also come down from a size 14 to a size 12 in that time, it's all good given that I'm 5' 5/6".

I do a 30 - 50 minute Tae Bo workout 4 times a week. Which is really showing results muscle gain/toning/weight loss wise.

I've got to say I've hit a bit of a plateau at the moment, which is a bit disheartening, but you've got to persevere.

Anyway, that's me and my weight loss journey so far.
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
I'm off to sit in Starbucks or Costa for a couple of hours to do some of my creative writing work as it seems impossible at home. Wish me luck resisting all the cakes and stuff!
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah it's really nice to hear about everyone's progress - well done guys

Weighed myself this morning and have lost 1lb since coming home for Easter which I'm pleased about as although I'm not trying to lose weight anymore I was quite worried about putting weight on now I'm back home as my lifestyle and eating habits are pretty different from when I'm at uni. I've actually been eating MORE since I got home but it's all been super healthy whereas at uni I eat out quite a lot so cannot afford calories in terms of even healthy snacks and have to be super-disclipined!
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by happydinosaur)
I'm off to sit in Starbucks or Costa for a couple of hours to do some of my creative writing work as it seems impossible at home. Wish me luck resisting all the cakes and stuff!
Ah, it's so mean how they put all the cakes by the queue! Some of them are not so bad though - a skinny peach muffin is around 280cals which is much less than the paninis (up to 600cals). I do quite a lot of my uni work in Starbucks - I'm obsessed with the light frappachinos
polka_dott
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ ^ I love Costa Coffee... they do nice mochas which aren't too bad but their cakes look soo nice!! I haven't had one yet... but I saw someone having chocolate cake the other day with clotted cream and it looked so nice!!

I've just consumed ben and jerry's cherry garcia and even though it was nice I think the chocolate fudge brownie is nicer... I do not feel guilty as it was my b day the other day and I have so much sweet stuff to eat
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by liladriel)
Ah, it's so mean how they put all the cakes by the queue! Some of them are not so bad though - a skinny peach muffin is around 280cals which is much less than the paninis (up to 600cals). I do quite a lot of my uni work in Starbucks - I'm obsessed with the light frappachinos
I had a chickpea falafel flatbread which was really yummy and at 378cals and less than 5% fat not too bad considering it is starbucks. Had a small hot chocolate too as I was feeling really run down from having not had breakfast and walked into town.
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like the falafel flatbread - makes me feel quite healthy because it's vegan so can't have anything too awful in it!

My parents are having friends for dinner tonigh so there are many naughty foods in the house...peanuts, tortilla chips, yummy bread etc. I've just had a pear so that I don't get too hungry and snack on the unhealthy stuff! Hopefully I'll resist it all later...
xChellex
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You guys seem to be all doing well, nd so I've decided to post in the hope that your successes will help me on the road I need to be on!

I want to lose some weight as over the past 6 months, I have really piled it on. I've gone up two sizes and I want to drop back down two sizes. Although I've stopped the bad eating habits that I had over the past 6 months that caused the weight gain - I'm still not seeing any dropping off.

Does anyone have any good suggestions, other than the usual diet & exercise rules?
Good breakfast, lunch and dinenr sugegstions would be good - although they have to be cheap because myself and fiancé don't have much money to spare.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads