Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

(Original post by happydinosaur)
    sugar free squash is great! Since being home for a day drinking sugar free lemon squash I seem to be eating less. It is also great being home as we have loads of pint glasses stolen from pubs so I can feel really good drinking water by the pint
    Going to the library today to do some work so going to put soup in a flask and take it with me. Should tide me over till I get home for dinner.

I know this week will be hard in terms of comfort eating as my boyfriend has gone to London for an internship thingy so I won't even get to msn him and when I'm home he is the main person I have contact, feeling lonely makes me bored and that makes me eat biscuits!
    I've dug out the ds and that's gonna be my boredom curber. Also drinks are sooo amazing or if ur really depserate to comfort eat then try those high fibre jacob crackers. really nice and filling and like 30 odd cals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    hello!

i've neglected you guys for a while and the scales and my tummy prove it. :rolleyes:

I'm determined to have a good week and not have any slipups again. I will lose weight!! Back to counting weight watchers points today so that will do me some good. For breakfast i've had some readybrek which will fill me up til lunch time, and i'll probs have something like salad on weight watcher bread with extra light salad cream. I'm going to replace all in between meal snacks with icy water too if that doesn't work i'll try hot drinks (coffee & tea minus sugar) instead.
    I hope you guys are all doing okay!! Hopefully we can all have a good week! Good luck for this week girlies
    I do that I drink really low cal flavoured water, diet lemonade or tea

ReputationRep:
    I've just gone for a run around the field, felt good finally going running again, I needed to release some frustration and now I feel sooo good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dita_parlo)
    I've just gone for a run around the field, felt good finally going running again, I needed to release some frustration and now I feel sooo good!
    I love the feeling a little exercise gives

ReputationRep:
    I know, I really felt the burn while I was running, but now I feel all uplifted and happy. Love it lol

ReputationRep:
    I've just read something in FitnessRx (an American fitness magazine with a 'scientific approach' which sounds interesting:

'occasionally overeating when you typically restrict your foods can lead to an advanced anabolic bust where you find better in gains in the gym (or from the gym) and in fact, your weight drops a few pounds due to the metabolic stimulation.'

Made me feel so much better about yesterday and I'm back on track again

(Original post by Gosha)
    I've just read something in FitnessRx (an American fitness magazine with a 'scientific approach' which sounds interesting:

'occasionally overeating when you typically restrict your foods can lead to an advanced anabolic bust where you find better in gains in the gym (or from the gym) and in fact, your weight drops a few pounds due to the metabolic stimulation.'

Made me feel so much better about yesterday and I'm back on track again
    getting back on track is the main thing :hugs: think of today now

Just had yummmmmy lunch and some frozen berry mix with bioyoghurt for dessert which was delicious (obviously defrosted! haha). the berry mix is 1.50 in tesco and with bioyoghurt is sooo yummy and healthy too :proud: Now I have a cup of tea. hehe my new addiction is tea and at max 10 cals a cup including the milk and splenda it's amazing

The library had no power outlets for my laptop so I came home and had to walk past about 6 bakerys :eek: I really wanted to go in because I felt rubbish but I didn't Really trying to motivate myself because I am fed up with being one of the largest people on my course at uni. Seriously, I'm only a 14 and just over 5ft 10 so not even that big but pretty much everyone else is so slim, 8's and 10's and it really gets to me (I reckon that there are a number with serious food issues though). Before uni I wasn't too bothered about my weight because it seemed normal but my course is drama and that equals super slim, pretty, well dressed people.

Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 4lbs since I was last home and weighed myself 4 weeks ago. Seeing as I haven't been the gym and went on holiday too I'm very happy with that!

ReputationRep:
    I've found an interesting article for everyone who tends to overeat clicky

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i'm staying at my dads at the moment and is sooo hard to eat well. Today we went out for lunch to a chinese where there's a set menu - i had fried beef in black bean sauce with rice... Now we're off to the cinema where i will have the temptations of ben and jerries and then he's made a casserole and bought a cake for dessert.

help!!!lol

ReputationRep:
    I have some chocolate birthday cake I am going to enjoy later with some cream yum yum... I've lost a bit too much weight reccently and my boobs have shrunk a bit (Lol!) and my chest looks a bit bony.... not a good look, need to put on a bit more muscle and become more toned than skinnier. I must start doing yoga!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Gosha)
    I've found an interesting article for everyone who tends to overeat clicky
    I have to say I'm not overly convinced by point 2 or 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    I have to say I'm not overly convinced by point 2 or 3.
    Can I ask why? Do you think it's better to behave as if the binge didn't happen? I tend to do what's in point 3
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Gosha)
    Can I ask why? Do you think it's better to behave as if the binge didn't happen? I tend to do what's in point 3
    Definately. Your better to get your body back into a usual routine, particularly with regards to breakfast. Otherwise your likely to get into a cycle of binge, and then unintentionally starve your body - yes i said starve.Often the time between the last food at night and breakfast is usually over 12 hours, and I feel you need something for short term energy if nothing else. Plus your more likely to binge again if you don't eat breakfast. Binging in general is more common when a person misses meals.

The point about protein - i've never heard of protein referred to in that way, and wouldn't recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a good day today, took myself and my revision to the library so got a lot more done than when I'm at home and wasn't at all tempted by any food (even healthy stuff)that it got to 4.30pm and I realised that all I'd eaten today was breakfast and a skinny latte Had a yummy dinner though to make up for it but am still quite a bit under on today's cals but as I indulged a little this weekend should balance it out! Going to have some fruit later too

I'm missing the gym loads....am really going to have to get round to going for a run tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    Definately. Your better to get your body back into a usual routine, particularly with regards to breakfast. Otherwise your likely to get into a cycle of binge, and then unintentionally starve your body - yes i said starve.Often the time between the last food at night and breakfast is usually over 12 hours, and I feel you need something for short term energy if nothing else. Plus your more likely to binge again if you don't eat breakfast. Binging in general is more common when a person misses meals.

The point about protein - i've never heard of protein referred to in that way, and wouldn't recommend it.
    I see.. it makes sense - thanks for the explanation

ReputationRep:
    I have had a good few days since a little slip up on Saturday. Made a massive batch of vegetable soup which I've been eating for lunch - delicious and so healthy. Also been eating loads of fruit, low fat yogurt and drinking loads of water so hopefully something will happen soon.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit bad cause I had a choccy biccy and some mini eggs But will carry on never less, I just got my period as well so feeling bloated

grrrr someone quickly talk me out of eating the rice downstairs(cooked already), i've had dinner like just over an hour ago and need someone to help me now please :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    rice grows funny bacteria after its cooked then cooled :eek:

(although it wont have happened yet but just pretend itll make you poorly cos its full of bacteria :ninja:)

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.