Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After hearing lots about homemade vegetable soup, I'm making this http://vegbox-recipes.co.uk/recipes/soup-recipe-1.php for my dinner with 240g carrot, 240g sweet potato, 375g potato and 220g parsnip, I've worked out it's 757kcal for all that with a litre of vegetable stock, yum yum can't wait til it's ready

ReputationRep:
    I've just felt really exhausted and drained today, I couldn't get up this morning, let alone make it to the gym! So I'm going to have to work extra hard at the gym tomorrow! And stay away from the chocloate I'm craving right now...I've just had a mint, so that should help me for a while

ReputationRep:
    I'm still 9st 5lbs which is good considering I ate A LOT of junk food last week...I'm going to the gym tommorow evening again and hopefully saturday morning and I will do my dvd workout friday...four times a week working out should be enough for now. I also walk a mile everyday which might not sound much but every little helps!

(Original post by Spoog!)
    Awwh hunny I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what you must be going through. Don't worry about your weight at this time, you can make up for it when things are better. Scream into a pillow, it won't solve anything, but it might make you feel a little better
    screaming in a pillow is an amazing stress relief!
    today was alright im happy with myself anyway and thats what what matters
    b-copella apple juice& weetabix
    l:lots of chickpeas(twoish bowls with ketchup)
    mini twister&milk slice(both bout 100 cals), about two big bowls of rice krispies/reduced sugar frosties
    a nectarine
    2 sugar free lollies
    dr pepper zero and some lilt zero too!
    MUCH BETTER!

ReputationRep:
    No weight loss this week but it's not surprising though seen as I've been pretty rubbish food wise. Yesterday I was an extra for a TV program (After You've Gone - I've never seen it) and we were waiting around for ages and they kept feeding us sandwiches. Which I took because I was hungry.
    Oh well, no more gym but still doing treadmill work and stuff. I'm going to be really strict diet wise this week which I'm fine with.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I stumbled across this thread so i've decided to join in!
    I don't really have a lot to lose for my goal but i know it will make me happier if i make it! Lost almost a stone last spring and have managed to keep it off I just want to get rid of this extra half a stone! So starting today woo!

Have only had 570 calories today which isnt much but i'm going for an indian tonight with some friends which isn't a very good start!

ReputationRep:
    A large bowl of bran flakes so far today

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, help would be gladly appreciated, my Bodyfat % is 17 just now, though I'd like to get it down to 10-12, how would I go about doing this?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    whilst i'm abroad there's no point even trying to watch what i'm eating because the mother dearest will be forcing food down my throat. however when i'm back and move into my new place i fully intend to get back on track,and lose some weight and maintain it! just need to lose about half a stone.how long should that take ish?

you could in one month if you're really clean and stoof but if you wanna lose it a bit more steadily then 2 months and that will include easing into mantienance as well!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    really?! 2 months is cool. half a stone is a dress size no or is that a full stone? i just want to go back to a size 10 and be happy, fit and healthy. when the time comes i could figure out a food timetable sorta thing...or i could start working on one now.what do you guys think? o

ReputationRep:
    Sizes are strange. In terms of dress sizes it took me two stones to drop from a 14 to a 12...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i think everyone is different about what weight will cause a change in dress size.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hmmm..i'm currently 11 stone (70kg) and i never exceed that (i hate it though), and i'd like to go down to about 60kg,or 6 stone 3 which is 10stone 3 or something if i'm wrong? i don't know how to do this bloody conversions.

(Original post by La Trampa)
    really?! 2 months is cool. half a stone is a dress size no or is that a full stone? i just want to go back to a size 10 and be happy, fit and healthy. when the time comes i could figure out a food timetable sorta thing...or i could start working on one now.what do you guys think? o
    It depends mmm, are you tall? were do you carry your weight etc?
    And if you want to go from 70-60kg that's 22lbs(way more than half a stone(7lbs!)
    sorry if I misunderstood :hugs:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    hmmm..i'm currently 11 stone (70kg) and i never exceed that (i hate it though), and i'd like to go down to about 60kg,or 6 stone 3 which is 10stone 3 or something if i'm wrong? i don't know how to do this bloody conversions.
    OK - my conversion charts are out...

11 stone is 69.85Kg.

60Kg = 9 stone 7.

How tall are you?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well ideally i just want to go from 70kg (:mad: :bawling:) to 63kg, maximum 60kg, which was what i weighed as a nice size 10. although if i wasn't happy with that,i'd go down a bit more but i doubt it. i'm about 5'6.my BMI is about 25.4 or whatever,can't remember. most of my flab is on my tummy,thighs and probably upper arms. and i'm pear shaped, hips measure about 40-41cm, 30cm waist
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    OK - my conversion charts are out...

11 stone is 69.85Kg.

60Kg = 9 stone 7.

How tall are you?
    yeh sounds about right.

well ideally i just want to go from 70kg (:mad: :bawling:) to 63kg, maximum 60kg, which was what i weighed as a nice size 10. although if i wasn't happy with that,i'd go down a bit more but i doubt it. i'm about 5'6.my BMI is about 25.4 or whatever,can't remember. most of my flab is on my tummy,thighs and probably upper arms. and i'm pear shaped, hips measure about 40-41cm, 30cm waist
    that's not overwight you BMI(by .4 bmi points in my and most doctors/dieticians etc eyes it is not a risk to your health!).fair enough if you're not happy with yourself though :hugs:. The best thing is to keep everything in your diet just cut down (like most people say now). Even though your mum may force food on you on holiday just have smaller portions and have salad as a side to your meal and just little changes like that, for example today I had a really healthy lunch....a doughnut and a caramel shortcake slice and then some of these brown rice crisps and then some icecream :rolleyes: I can accept I messed up a little though, not just the crpa but the amount of it so just making sure I calm down my tea a little bit tonight! What I'm trying to say here is that you don't have to drastically change your diet especially at your BMI just little changes and you'll lose the weight slowly(1-2lbs a week, more accelerated with good old exercise!) and then it will stay off and it will teach you good habits as well! Good luck, I know you can do it!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Weight now: 70Kg (11 stone)

BMI = 24.9!!!!! (This means your within the normal range!)

Good weight: 63 kg - (9 stone 13) BMI=22.4

Target: 60Kg (9 stone 7) BMI=21.3.

Personally, since you know you want to lose weight, aim initially for the 63Kg, but either of the weights are good weight. Your waist cicumference is perfect.

Do you exercise or anything like that? Its not just about diet.

(and i think Lilian should become a dietitian, she takes words out of my mouth! )

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.