Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    wagamama is very healthy don't worry about it, if you worry about calories at wagamama instead of the food,it's so not worth it.if you don't want to eat much,order their starters- they've got green beans thingy still in it's pod,that plus green tea and say a noodle soup dish will fill you up nicely.
    Sorry, my last message probably made me sound more worried than I am. Am definately going to get a main and enjoy the food! Just wondered about recommendations really as I've never been before.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    like i said, wagamama is very healthy, they pride themselves in that. you can watch the chefs as they cook your food, you'll see how it's made and you can see it's healthy. i think i'm due a trip to my local, i haven't seen my chef friends in ages and i want some! but dim sum this week first mmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    Wagamama is soooo good. I like "Wagamama Ramen" and "Amai Udon" best. Some of the stuff with chilis in is v.hot so be warned if you don't like spicey stuff! The only things that I think are not so healthy are the dishes with coconut milk in them but everything else is probably v.low fat. I want Wagamama now that I'm thinking about it!

ReputationRep:
    Good workout at the gym today, even though I still ache from spinning on wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    damn why do these 18 choc bars have to be here dammit :>.<: I think I'm gonna just have to munch my way through them till they're gone instead of one a week cus I know I wont have the restrain with them in my room to eat them once a week! then they'll be gone quicker too I guess. I find if I have crap food it's easier to get rid of it asap rather than stretch out the process
    That's what I do haha... at least it will be gone and you can concentrate on avoiding junk for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    That's what I do haha... at least it will be gone and you can concentrate on avoiding junk for a while
    It's true. I'm terrible. If I know I have chocolate, I have to eat it!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I have officially put on 2lb in the last 3 weeks. I'm not happy. I swear it's the difference between a flat stomach and a little pot belly. Not happy

(Original post by polka_dott)
    yeah having them there all the time does me no favours.

they're gone now....

ReputationRep:
    All 18?! Oh well I guess it's your bday.. no better excuse to pig out!

I finally opened my easter egg tonight and had about 1/4 of it - worked out that it was about 1000cals before I opened it, so glad I knew that before eating it, meant I def was more careful about how much I was eating.

(Original post by beebeeworm)
    All 18?! Oh well I guess it's your bday.. no better excuse to pig out!

I finally opened my easter egg tonight and had about 1/4 of it - worked out that it was about 1000cals before I opened it, so glad I knew that before eating it, meant I def was more careful about how much I was eating.
    I ate about.....10ish of them :rofl: but some I just picked at as well :indiff: my bday was yday but didnt pig out thattt much. way better than last year anyway and today I also pigged out waaay loads lol. But all out of the way now and tomorrow is a new day and I'm gonna eat healthy until over a weeks time and then will probably treat myself when I go out with a friend
    Around my birthay every year is the only time I think oh **** the calories for a few days haha.

ReputationRep:
    I really need to go to the gym tomorrow! And I'm almost quitting my job... it's like freedom!! (I haven't worked since Tuesday and I'm not till Monday!) Whoop!

I just discovered Grand Theft Auto (i.e. my dad and brothers are always playing it so I demanded a go And I'm better than my dad even though he's been playing it for like a year or so teehee )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    i just want to lose 4.5kg more, or maybe 7.5kg if i could just lose that extra 4.5kg first!
    Duuuuuuude your aiming to loose exactly the same as me! I need to loose 4.5 to be at an accepatable weight (i.e. i wouldnt be disgusted with myself), and another 3kg to be back to me pre uni weight!

Fancy being diet/exercise buddies?

What approach are you going for to loose the weight? Also how long do you think it'll take?

Good luck!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sorry guys i've not been around for a while... just busy with placement stuff... Feel free to pM if you have burning questions, i do try and pop in from time to time.

Ona plus note its snowing in Inverness!

ReputationRep:
    I've not been doing too well lately. Not horrendously, but not enough to be losing any weight. So I'm stuck at 9st 5 when I came home 9st 3 just 3 weeks ago. 2lb doesn't seem like a lot to lose but it does when I'm in bad habits of constant snacking and craving sweet things.

I've just had some chocolate an hour or so ago and am feeling a bit poo about everything. I'm having a nice healthy salmon salad for dinner today and am determined to sort myself out, not starting tomorrow but starting now. I need to cut my cal intake to 1200 and stick to it, not stretch it to 1350 as I keep doing (on a good day). I know I lose weight eating around 1100-1200cals a day. In the next week at home if I stick to that I should lose 1lb or so. That's the plan anyways..

How's everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing badly, I still can't find the motivation to lose the half a stone I've put on. Looking in the mirror this morning though I can see I have gained weight and I hate it So I really want to lose it! I just get tempted on sweets, choc and junk food.

Diet restarts on Monday, I will do it, I will :p: 1100-1200 a day

ReputationRep:
    Instead of sitting stressing about things I decided to try and go for a bit of a run. I did 3k which isn't great but is far more than I thought I'd be able to do. I could have done more if my leg hadn't been playing up - you know that feeling where it really needs to click and wont and just pulls on your muscle? So annoying! But I'm planning on trying to do that a bit more often, every day ideally, just to get a bit of exercise in. I stopped doing much exercise when I got glandular fever at the end of last year and never picked it up properly again.

ReputationRep:
    Wohoo I have lost a pound and a half even though I've been bad!

edit: and that wasn't even in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going back to uni tomorrow and my mum's (hopefully!) taking me to tesco to stock up on some food. What's everyone's favourite healthy foods of the moment? Also I need ideas for easily portable lunches as I will prob be spending a lot of time in the library for the next few weeks!

Off for dinner at my favourite (but not super healthy) restaurant Looking forward to it as I've been good today so I can feel less guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I'm going back to uni tomorrow and my mum's (hopefully!) taking me to tesco to stock up on some food. What's everyone's favourite healthy foods of the moment?
    I always buy Tesco Healthy living cottage cheese, frommage frais, probiotic yoghurts, chicken bites (the tikka ones one lush!). And also lots of fruit, veggies, tins of tuna in spring water, wholewheat bread (my favourite is Warburton's Healthy Inside) and porridge oats.

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.