This discussion is closed.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yay for you!
i'm trying to convince the bf that we should have a competition between ourselves and obviously whoever hits the target by the end wins something.he's so lazy and grrr sometimes.
fabulous_darling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gosha)
I've had pretty bad three days, don't know what's wrong with me . I'm terribly bloated and probably put on some weight as well...
Anyway, tomorrow will be a new start. Just need to be focused this time and try not to think and feel guilty about this slip up... I'm going to re-read McKenna's 'I Can Make You Thin' tomorrow and start listening to his CD that comes with the book regularly.. I felt really positive about it when I read it for the first time, but then for some reason I stopped following his advice - need to stick to it for a longer time (preferably forever :p: ) !
What does he advise you to do in his book? I was watching his programme a week or so ago and he somehow helped a woman lose weight by encouraging her to tap various parts of her body whenever she had cravings. Seemed bizarre to me, can't imagine it stopping me from giving into my cravings, but it worked for her!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh i know the tapping thing/heard about it.apparently it works with other things as well not just appetite. i've forgotten the ''science'' behind it, but i found it slightly interesting.if you google,you should get more info.try touch therapy or tapping therapy or something.
Gosha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fabulous_darling)
What does he advise you to do in his book? I was watching his programme a week or so ago and he somehow helped a woman lose weight by encouraging her to tap various parts of her body whenever she had cravings. Seemed bizarre to me, can't imagine it stopping me from giving into my cravings, but it worked for her!
He has 4 main rules - eat when you're hungry, what you want, concsiously (enjoy every mouthful), when you think you're full, stop eating (I know all these sound very basic - but who really does it...). The book contains many exercises (tapping is one of them but I've never really tried it).
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HELLO!! Hope my girlies are good

Argh, I have a dillemma. I feel so fat yet feel too thin...anyone have that? My hips feel like the size of Spain, my tummy is OK, not great but my upper body feels sooooo thin, my ribs serious jut out in an unflattering way above my boobs when I'm not wearing a bra and my collar bones stick out so much. Just dunno what to dooo. How is it possible for me to be nearing the 50lb mark for weight loss, be a 'small' size 8 on top (and 10 on bottom) and STILL feel so bloody dissatisfied?!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs:
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by polka_dott)
Going to Pizza Hut on saturday, hopefully will have my fave supreme and I will enjoy it and not feel guility... I'll hopefully be going swimming on sunday so that should help burn some of it off
Your weight loss is amazing!! When did you start trying to lose?
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Going to nandos again later. THink I'm gonna try the mediterenean salad this time! anyone had it before? is it nice? I'm thinking it will be pretty low cal and the only thing bringing teh cals up a little bit would be the feta cheese and apparnetly they put the dressing to the side so I can skip on that :p: I also will be having the frozen yoghurt again probably and I'll limit myself to three MAXIMUM of those little rammekins. I just need to remember eating more of it when I'm not hungry anymore isn't gonna leave me anymore satisfied and if I set the limit at three I won't feel like I've really pigged out cus they're only tiny little rammekins (people will know what I mean from when thehy went) and apparently 75 calories each so even if I had three that's what, max 250 calories which isn't really unreasonable for a dessert and it's fat free and organic so I'll feel pretty sinless! I wanna try and be really good now until my aunty comes back from Italy cus she's gonna bring tonnes of the biscuits I like and I'll be munching through about 5ish biscuits of them a day until they're gone so gotta keep being healthy and looking forward to that
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
grr spoke too soon....Now I must be on about...1000-1200 and I've got dinner yet! Well looks like just a salad for me at nandos serves me right for thinking such a small lunch would satisfy me.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi ladies - I was wanted to come and share my good news.

My BMI is now officially under 30 - I'm no longer obese!
wooohoooo I feel like celebrating haha!

And my hairdresser came round (mobile) today to do my hair for Alex's baptism and she hasn't seen me for a few months, and the first thing she said was "Wow you've lost a lot of weight!"

newDana
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow that great! It's always nice when ppl notice changes in you, whether it's weight or hairstyle or summat.

Congratulations!

I just bought some NikePlus running shoes, if i use them regularly (which i plan to) i am going to use my birthday money in May to get an ipod nano and the rest of the kit.
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow congrats that's amazing. It's great when people start to notice the changes
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

And my hairdresser came round (mobile) today to do my hair for Alex's baptism and she hasn't seen me for a few months, and the first thing she said was "Wow you've lost a lot of weight!"

That's brilliant! Well done It always feels good when people notice
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks all
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done . Am I right in thinking it's slimming world you're on? How are you finding it?
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

well done!! I hopeyou have an amazing time! :hugs:
millies567
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guys... i keep munching on peanuts and cashewnuts, and its only been happening this week. But i dont have normal amounts, i have loads. Its just as bad as having other crap isnt it?
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nuts are better for you than eating junk, but will probs provide you with nearly as many calories if you're eating lots of them. Try and cut back on how many you eat and eat fruit instead.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow I just had my first skinny cow icecream and it was delicious! Had the triple choc one and it tasted the same as normal icecream and was only 87 calories!
I know it's got no nutritional benefit whatsoever but I was having a big chocolate craving and haven't had any for age so i'm not going to feel guilty
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hot chocolate is good and usually low calories for chocolate cravings too!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads