The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I keep hearing it is better to have main meal at lunch time. I did yesterday as I went out for lunch so only had a smaller dinner (corn on the cob + mini pitta filled with chicken and salad) and I think I ate less during the day because I'd eaten a bigger meal at lunch.
Yup it's better for you to have your main/big meal at lunch time rather than dinner. it takes more time to digest plus you'll end up using some of the calories before bed compared to when you're sluggish after eating a huge meal at night and the low activity levels most people have at night.
Ah that's good to know. Am just going to have some salmon and salad for dinner and maybe some fruit later and I'll hopefully stay within my cal limit for the day :smile:

I'm really craving a Diet Coke but am trying to cut down as I drink far too much of it and it's quite an expensive habit to keep up!
guys, i'm thinking of taking up cereal which means milk again.i'm lactose sensitive,not full blown intolerant which is good.anyways, i'm thinking of maybe trying soy milk (flavoured or unflavoured, i'll have to look tomorrow), so i need to know how many points/calories, enough milk for a 30g serving is? the tesco tracker is down so i can't check. or if anyone know of any other milk substitutes out there, it'd be very helpful :smile:
I love soy milk - at home I have Alpro Soya Light which is 21kcal/100ml. At uni I have the UHT soy milk - I get Alpro Unsweetened Soya which is 32kcal/100ml. I'm assuming that the sweetened/flavoured versions would be higher in calories, I've never tried them as I'm used to and like the taste of the unsweetened ones. The ones from the chiller section are probably a little nicer than the UHT versions but there's not that much difference really. I just have to have the UHT ones at uni as my fridge is tiny and it's good to be able to keep some soy milk in my room so that I can always have it with cereal.

You could also try rice or almond milk, in this month's Glamour magazine there's a "What did you eat today" special and one of the women on that has all her teas and coffees with almond milk.
What does soya milk taste like?

I :love: Glamour, but the third woman in that feature made me feel fat and unhealthy :frown:
I can't really describe it...it has a certain taste to it that normal milk doesn't have. I think it's more "silky" than normal milk. I much prefer it now and even get soya lattes when I go out for coffee.

The 3rd woman was so, so healthy. I wish my diet was as good as that. I guess I do eat well most of the time although I still get major pick and mix cravings :redface:
I might try some.

Yep, she was so exta healthy I felt really really unhealthly
Are you talking about Glamour magazine??
Reply 7369
I feel like I'm missing out, haven't read glamour this month!
What kind of diet does she have?
Yeah, this month's Glamour has the diets of four women and then a nutritionist commenting on them. One of them drinks loads, another eats really healthy during the week and binges at weekends and one of them is really, really healthy but does have 4 squares of dark chocolate everyday :smile:
Reply 7371
have this month's glamour :biggrin:
Reply 7372
omg I just read about that lady. I might seriously start doing a few of the things she does as she has PCOS like me and it's really hard to manage your weight sometimes because of it but she looks incredible. I'm gonna start tomorrow

....that will mean I have to finish my diet coke today :p:
i haven't read this month's fully,might do it now actually :smile:
Reply 7374
minimo
omg I just read about that lady. I might seriously start doing a few of the things she does as she has PCOS like me and it's really hard to manage your weight sometimes because of it but she looks incredible. I'm gonna start tomorrow

....that will mean I have to finish my diet coke today :p:

Oooh, share some tips!

Pretty please :smile:
I really like the idea of mixed fruit in the morning like that lady does :smile:

Shes smaller than me and about a stone lighter, I think she looks amazing :smile:
Reply 7376
ChocolateEyes
I really like the idea of mixed fruit in the morning like that lady does :smile:

Shes smaller than me and about a stone lighter, I think she looks amazing :smile:

she's half an inch taller than me and like 12-13 lbs lighter!

Sam, I'll type up her meals before I go to bed tonight :smile:
Reply 7377
minimo
she's half an inch taller than me and like 12-13 lbs lighter!

Sam, I'll type up her meals before I go to bed tonight :smile:

Aww thank you :smile:. Don't worry if you're busy or don't have time though! It will be good to get some more meal suggestions, I feel like i'm veering off track diet wise at the moment so will be good to get some fresh inspiration!
you're all girls right?

some of the information i have read in this thread is ridiculous
Reply 7379
hey can i join in? i've been reading some of the posts, its great how everyone seems to support each other. i have quite a lot of weight to lose. started at my heaviest of 17 stone. (i hate writing that it embaresses me i let myself get quite that big, but i think i'll be honest here), anyway that was exactly a month ago. i was down to 15st13 on my 4th weigh in on wednesday. :biggrin:

I lost a stone in 3 weeks, (though admittedly not down to my own hard work, :frown: i was quite ill.) the fourth week was my own (not-so) hard work, and i lost 1 pound. still happy with that though. a loss is so better than gaining. have had a rubbish past 2 days eating wise though, and feeling rubbish for it, but tomorrow i'll be back on track.

now i'm feeling better am going to be able to start some light exercise this week, hoping to have lost another pound on my weigh in on wednesday. not really expecting to have done that since i've not done too fab, but hopefully the next 3 days will have an effect. :smile:

eden

Latest