TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have the dress now!! I showed it to one of my college friends and she really likes it too and she can be really critical at times :p: so woo
liladriel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yay, I'm glad that you got it - it looks great and you definitely deserve it after doing so well with your weightloss and confidence When is your May Ball?
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
middle of June (yes I know...June...they're odd here like that :p: )
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah yes, some of my friends are at Cambridge and I remember them having May Balls in June last year! I wish we had that kind of thing at my uni, sounds like so much fun.
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone tried the new kitkat senses? They are really nice and I want one so badly but am resisting
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
Has anyone tried the new kitkat senses? They are really nice and I want one so badly but am resisting
:saveitfortheweekend:
lol there should SO be a smilie for that

I've had one, it was gorgeous!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
minimo you look fab and the dress looks absolutely great on you! as for thigh wobbling and what not,WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! i see none of that at all!
you can sell the expensive bras on ebay or something and get your money back, or return them,normally they'll give you a voucher to the amount of the goods and you can spend the vouchers on something nice

i had a subway for late lunch,so for tea i'm going to make my own tuna nicoise salad.should be nice.and if i need a snack,i'll eat cereal again. mmmm
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
I haven't had one yet - keep seeing adverts for them though and want to try one! Maybe next week as a treat if I stay good...
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dad is so evil, he keeps offering to take me to Mcdonalds even though he knows I'm on a diet
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My parents do stuff like that too You could always go and try one of the McDonalds salads or one of the deli sandwich things.
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I'm best just staying away altogether I'll reward myself with a treat of some sour skittles or a kitkat senses at some point next week
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
that seems pretty good all round though alpen light bars are only 70 cals! amazing
They're the ones I have but they're actually only 60 cals! They advertise them as less than 70 cals but if you check the box they're actually 59cals each (well the summer fruits and the chocolate orange ones are). My new treat at the moment is a crumbled up summer fruits alpen bar with a dollop of fat free strawberry biopot yoghurt. SO nice, especially for summer, and only about 90cals. Amazing
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Now that I'm back at uni I'm worried that one of my biggest healthy diet problems will be the drinking (and I don't even drink that much compared to the average student!) On my desk I have two bottles of wine, southern comfort, pimms and cherry sourz and I know they will be getting drunk over this term. I know drinking doesn't really go hand in hand with weight loss but I already have a couple of nights out lined up and like to be able to relax with my boyfriend over a drink or two as well so was just wondering how people on here work alcohol into their healthy eating? Last week I didn't have dessert so I could have a couple of glasses of wine instead so I guess stuff like that would work? Low cal mixers? I've heard that gin and low cal tonic is supposedly one of the most diet friendly drinks?
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well i don't drink much at all. But on the rare occasion I do, you know, over-indulge... :p: I have a detox day the next day - just water, fruit, veg and juice. It helps to get the nasty alchoool outta you too.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by liladriel)
My parents do stuff like that too You could always go and try one of the McDonalds salads or one of the deli sandwich things.
my parents think i have an eating disorder :rolleyes: :p: because I count calories. They think it's funny to ask how many cals there are in things like water and tablets :rolleyes:
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Er it is quite weird to ask about calories in water and tablets...

And re the alcohol thing, I only drink once a week and will have a few vodka and diet cokes. On a heavy night I'll have about 8 or 10 which I just factor into my daily calorie intake.
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
well i don't drink much at all. But on the rare occasion I do, you know, over-indulge... :p: I have a detox day the next day - just water, fruit, veg and juice. It helps to get the nasty alchoool outta you too.
post drinking detox days sound like a really good idea. I don't drink more than once or twice a week really and never drink that much but alcohol is just millions of sneaky calories and I've realised I should try and reduce them if possible. Dread to think about my meal out with parents last week, on top of a 3 course over indulgent meal I had over half a bottle of wine plus southern comfort/coke, must have been a whole days worth of calories at once!!

Guessing that mixing spirits with diet soft drinks would help and staying away from wine when possible?

EDIT: just checked a few websites and it seems that wine has lots more cals than southern comfort so I shall drink less wine this term.
beebeeworm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've heard that clear spirits have fewer cals than darker ones (so gin/vodka over whisky, etc) and diet mixers are always the way forward.
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by beebeeworm)
I've heard that clear spirits have fewer cals than darker ones (so gin/vodka over whisky, etc) and diet mixers are always the way forward.
I don't think I will worry about it too much. I always hear that gin and slimline tonic is a good diet friendly drink as well as vodka and diet lemonade. Love southern comfort and coke too much to give it up so I will probably just switch to diet coke.

The alcohol thing only really occurred to me before as someone told me that they lost weight by cutting down on how much they drank but seeing as I hardly drink much that probably wouldn't work. Cutting out my late night vegetable burger and chips helped though, I didn't have one drunken takeaway last term
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really drink that often...I used to but as I've got more into healthy eating and generally being healthy I don't really want to anymore as it'll undo my good work. If I am drinking though, I'll have gin and slimline tonic or vodka and diet cokes which are pretty much the lowest calorie alcoholic drinks. Wine is pretty high calorie and just makes me hungry which is doubly bad!

Minimo - that idea of a detox day is really good, I may try that next time I overindulge as I always feel SO gross and unhealthy the next day My parents ask me how many cals are in everything too - they think it's funny how I know...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads