The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Amaretto is so :coma: though!!

Vodka is icky when you compare it to JD/SoCo/Amaretto/Malibu ;yes;

ALSO:

'Light' Wine Gums are not as nice as the normal ones :frown:

This thread inspired me to buy some Special K cereal bars so we shall see if I like them!! [1.5 points each :biggrin:]

What's the 1cal per spray cooking oil stuff called?? Where can I get it?? I asked my mum to buy it and she got this flora stuff which is a spray thing but isn't low cal from what I can tell :s:

My little sister is starting to talk about losing weight - I'm going to help by suggesting healthier versions of what she eats [eg if she wants one of those chocolate fruit corners, say she can have a muller light instead because it's better]. Anyone got any other good examples of these?? Especially for things like chips/waffles, chicken nuggets and desserty things like cookies and cakes. It isn't just that she eats rubbish, either. She eats SO MUCH of it. I pointed her and her daily points allowance is 20, and yesterday she ate 32!! Need to get her intake down quite a lot and convert the stuff she is eating into healthier stuff so any advice is much appreciated!!

SilverWings

ALSO:

This thread inspired me to buy some Special K cereal bars so we shall see if I like them!! [1.5 points each :biggrin:]

What's the 1cal per spray cooking oil stuff called?? Where can I get it?? I asked my mum to buy it and she got this flora stuff which is a spray thing but isn't low cal from what I can tell :s:

My little sister is starting to talk about losing weight - I'm going to help by suggesting healthier versions of what she eats [eg if she wants one of those chocolate fruit corners, say she can have a muller light instead because it's better]. Anyone got any other good examples of these?? Especially for things like chips/waffles, chicken nuggets and desserty things like cookies and cakes. It isn't just that she eats rubbish, either. She eats SO MUCH of it. I pointed her and her daily points allowance is 20, and yesterday she ate 32!! Need to get her intake down quite a lot and convert the stuff she is eating into healthier stuff so any advice is much appreciated!!

The cooking spray is called Fry Lite and you can get it from most supermarkets in the oil aisle.

As for healthy swaps, how about sweet potato wedges (sprayed with fry lite and baked in the oven) instead of chips. Try breaded chicken breast fillets instead of chicken nuggets and bake/grill rather than fry - these are about 250cals apiece and probably better than a portion of chicken nuggets, am not entirely sure on that though. As for desserts, yogurts are good and you can get little lower cal varieties of some puddings if you look in the yogurt aisle in the supermarket. Just look for the healthy eating ranges (e.g. healthy choice, be good to yourself, etc). You can get some good ones of these for only about 150-200 cals which is a lot better than a big dessert but should only really be a treat.

Why not try making fruit salads or even simply just cutting up fruit and putting it on a plate ready for dessert. I've found it's a lot easier to get people eating fruit for pudding if it's already prepared and presented to them.
The fruit thing is a good idea. If I actually *made* it she would be far more likely to eat it.

Sweet potato wedges sound YUMMY YUMMY :coma: I'll be making them for me so she can try them and see what she thinks I guess :wink:

I also want to try and get her eating breakfast, as she doesn't at the moment [or has a packet of crisps]. I think that if I MADE her some toast in a morning she would eat it and then wouldn't eat rubbish on the way to college in a morning. I know making toast is no effort in the morning, but she makes everything more difficult than it should be :wink:
Minimo you look amazing! How did you lose all that weight? Well done :smile:

I'm gonna start taking this seriously now, I keep starting and stopping, but in reality I want it so much! I'm going on holiday on 9th of July with a load of super lush skinny friends (confident boost, I know) so I want to try and think of a realistic goal.

I'm going to go and find one of those ticker things, and on my way I will think of a goal!
SilverWings
The fruit thing is a good idea. If I actually *made* it she would be far more likely to eat it.

Sweet potato wedges sound YUMMY YUMMY :coma: I'll be making them for me so she can try them and see what she thinks I guess :wink:

I also want to try and get her eating breakfast, as she doesn't at the moment [or has a packet of crisps]. I think that if I MADE her some toast in a morning she would eat it and then wouldn't eat rubbish on the way to college in a morning. I know making toast is no effort in the morning, but she makes everything more difficult than it should be :wink:

Sweet potato wedges are reallllly good. Especially with BBQ sauce.. mmm :smile: You can also make sweet potato crisps (or any kind of vegetable, parsnip, etc) by slicing it really thin and then spraying with oil and baking. Healthy crisps :smile: I've not tried making them but have seen it somewhere and it sounds really good, I might try at some point.
SilverWings

ALSO:

For a chocolately dessert little pots of chocolate mousse are good. Not very filling but a good chocolate hit. Tesco Healthy Living ones are nice and Cadburys Highlights too.

Sweet potato chips are yummy. Making normal potato chips by spraying with frylight and baking are a slightly better choice too, especially if you leave the skin on.

Getting her to eat breakfast will be a help. Is she at school? I never got round to making breakfast before school and then eat loads of junk all morning as a result. Toast might fill her up a little. How about bagels? I eat multiseed ones quite a lot in the mornings with either philadelphia or sometimes nutella (figure the calories/fat/sugar from nutella is less than the rubbish I'd snack on if I didn't have any breakfast)
Yey made it to the gym and was there like 2 HOURS!! What's up with that? Not that I'm complaining lol...

That was after having an interview this morning and then about 15 mins after starting a temp job for them and working all day... Just got home now!

I bet I haven't shifted anymore weight this week, I need to properly start watching my calorie intake so it doesn't go over 1500 again... Hopefully I'll get settled into a routine with my job and gym and food soons! (well currently my 2 jobs =/)

Happy Monday! :biggrin:
Oof well done! 2 hours is good...I can only ever fit about an hour in because I go during school time and never have more than that free! However I think I might start going to aqua aerobics! Sounds fun and would be good exercise :smile:
SilverWings

[*]My little sister is starting to talk about losing weight - I'm going to help by suggesting healthier versions of what she eats [eg if she wants one of those chocolate fruit corners, say she can have a muller light instead because it's better]. Anyone got any other good examples of these?? Especially for things like chips/waffles, chicken nuggets and desserty things like cookies and cakes. It isn't just that she eats rubbish, either. She eats SO MUCH of it. I pointed her and her daily points allowance is 20, and yesterday she ate 32!! Need to get her intake down quite a lot and convert the stuff she is eating into healthier stuff so any advice is much appreciated!!

Mullerlights are so good - only 100cals and the toffee flavoured ones are really yummy :smile:
If your sister likes eating big portions then encourage her to have stuff that is still low calorie, even for a big portion. Homemade popcorn is much healthier than crisps and you can have a big bowl for around 100cals. Carrot sticks/celery/cucumer is practicaly no cals and Philidelphia mini tubs are around 60cals each to dip them in. Breakfast is really important - Special K and Wheatabix are low fat and quick to prepare. Dried fruit is also a good low fat snack that's really sweet too.
Are nutrigrain bars good? i.e. can they be eaten as a healthy snack maybe once a week?

I really love the blueberry flavour
Reply 7530
I don;t feel well, I think tomorrow will be a soup and salad day because I can't afford to be sick at this time of the year.
i have the munchies!!!! i've had two cereal bars already and i'm close to my points limit for today. i'm drinking my green tea but i want food...more importantly,something crunchy like cereal bars.wah!!
Reply 7532
:hugs:

ughh feel sickie :frown: I hope it's just that it's nearing period time. And the mind works in crazy ways. I swear my stomach looks hugeeee today...but I uh know it doesn't really, but y'know? I think this month's period's gonna be a bad one. That or I;m getting food poisoning fun fun.
:hugs: loads of healing vibes for you. green tea helps if you've got some...it's like a cure for everything!
Reply 7534
yea, I've been guzzling it :hugs:
cereal bars are full of palm oil
Reply 7536
went out last night coulda been awful but just had about...a litre of diet coke lolllll :smile: even though my friend was brandishing ben and jerrys icecream in my face :hmmm:
Reply 7537
Also am meeting some TSR people today :eek: so am going for two meals out probably in the day! lunch and dinner lol!
dinner will probably be nandos....but lunch #beard# we may go this place as there's one in Chelmsford just opened where I live, looks pretty good.
Bearing in mind I'm vegeterian what looks healthiest?
http://www.zen-noodlebar.co.uk/menus/files/%20ZEN%20BURY%20MENU.pdf
i'd go for the chilli udon. shame they don't have much for vegetarians.
That menu sounds really nice - I think the chilu udon or vegetable noodles sound pretty healthy :smile: The "Soup Noodles" dishes would be quite low cal too although most of them aren't veggie.

I'm planning on making dinner tonight for me and my parents - going to do salad nicoise with salmon steaks, green beans, hard boiled egg, olives, anchovies etc so should be yummy and healthy as will know exactly what is in it and will leave out the unhealthy things that restaurants put like croutons and dressing.

Latest