Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    when do people weigh themselves? i weigh myself before breakfast once a week/everyday hehe (sad i know) and it shows something like 67kg, but then after i've eaten/at the end of the day it goes all the way up to 70kg, which shocks me because i don't know what to think it means? (does that make sense).

I weigh myself every Thursday morning before breakfast but after toning exercises. I can't believe I've been doing that for nearly 5 months now.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    will do so minimo
    thankies guys
    now just to stick with it!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by minimo)
    Well I was 36B when I was huge, then last Feb. I got measured and was told I was a 32DD. Got remeasured over the summer and now am a small/medium 34C.
    by huge you mean?

oh also for a person (myself) who feels 'sick' or gets the feeling, when they have breakfast, can i just have a protein shake instead? even with fruit i feel 'wrong' when i eat anything before 11am.

ReputationRep:
    by huge you mean?

oh also for a person (myself) who feels 'sick' or gets the feeling, when they have breakfast, can i just have a protein shake instead? even with fruit i feel 'wrong' when i eat anything before 11am.
    Huge = 12.5 stones...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    by huge you mean?

What sort of things would you normally have for breakfast which dont' make you feel right?

ReputationRep:
    Kirsty would you say bananas are a fruit I should avoid if dieting?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Kirsty would you say bananas are a fruit I should avoid if dieting?
    No!!!!!!!!! Definately not.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    What sort of things would you normally have for breakfast which dont' make you feel right?
    nothing, water and maybe can just stand juice. [i'm not pregnant by the way :p:] somedays i can stand a banana or apple but that's it really.

minimo, just to say wow! you must look really good now. (not that you weren't good before :hugs:)

on the banana thing,i heard that the rumour that it makes you bigger is wrong.it's got lots of fibre,vitamins etc so it's good.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    nothing, water and maybe can just stand juice. [i'm not pregnant by the way :p:] somedays i can stand a banana or apple but that's it really.

minimo, just to say wow! you must look really good now. (not that you weren't good before :hugs:)

on the banana thing,i heard that the rumour that it makes you bigger is wrong.it's got lots of fibre,vitamins etc so it's good.
    I was thinking the shakes may make you even worse since they leave the stomach quicker, so something high fibre could be better like a slice of toast or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    No!!!!!!!!! definitely not.
    Oo OK! I thought they'd make me fatter. Whoops!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    think i manage a slice of toast,i'll try.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on here has such good advice.

Like Kirsty and Lilian say La Trampa, It's little changes that make the difference, Plus you are much more likely to maintain if you do a little at a time rather than trying to change your whole diet at once

Well off to the gym soon and only on about 800kcals just now so can afford to have a snack later.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oo OK! I thought they'd make me fatter. Whoops!!
    No - they are seen as high calorie, and sugar, but its all natural...Choose the kids size ones, if your too worried. They shouldn't be no more than 100Kcal.

The energy in them breaks down more slowly, so you will feel full for a longer and that stops you snacking as much...

Not to forget the nutrients they contain....

So they are good!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    think i manage a slice of toast,i'll try.
    Everyones different - but i think the higher fibre foods which take a while to break down are better.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    Everyone on here has such good advice.

Like Kirsty and Lilian say La Trampa, It's little changes that make the difference, Plus you are much more likely to maintain if you do a little at a time rather than trying to change your whole diet at once

Well off to the gym soon and only on about 800kcals just now so can afford to have a snack later.
    Exactly.

Enjoy your workout! Good about the diet.

I find when i count my kcal's i've not actually eaten that much.... We did a exercise at uni which involves writing down all the food you eat, and the exercise done, and my body is supposed to be wasting away - but my weights stable. I think my body's weird....

I'm off swimming later tonight - aim to do a mile!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    thankies

ReputationRep:
    Swimming is the shizzle

ReputationRep:
    I dont have the money to go swimming this week so I really should jog tonight.Unfortunately....I HATE jogging!!!!:mad:
    Is there any point at all in trying to do exercise you just don't like?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    nope, no point. but makes it feel harder than it already is.

exactly the reason why I only ever trampoline, walk and exercise lifting/walking etc at work :flute:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.