Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just had an Options Mint hot chocolate - tasted like After Eights

Need to plan out my meals for tomorrow as 3 course meal tomorrow night so need to be super good during the day to balance it out...

ReputationRep:
    I'm permanantly stuck at 9st 2lbs, what's wrong with me!

Meh, want to be below 9st again, but I'm not budging, it sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    ooo cool i might get some more ice lollies. i love the mini twister ice lollies too, theyre pretty low cal!
    for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzeh)
    *slaps self*
    kinky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)

It's only 3lbs - you can do it!
    How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    I am sick and tired of counting calories and all those slip-ups leading to binges - so I'm getting fully committed to the McKenna's programme, starting tomorrow (actually, I'm re-reading the book now but it won't really make any difference as it's quite late and I'm not going to eat any more tonight).
    If it fails, I can start dieting when I get back to uni and won't be tempted by all the food mum's bought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)

Sounds like a plateau....check out www.fitsugar.com. It has some tips on how to overcome it, both with your exercise and your diet (just scroll through the past posts to see).

As for me...I was doing v.well today, was on about 1400...then went to Tesco...and bought a chocolate dessert. I was craving it

Back on track tommorow I swear!

I've decided finally I'm gonan simply never ever eat biscuits/chocolate/crisps/junk EVER AGAIN! i know it sounds ridiculous but if you're addicted to something then the best thing to do is to simply cut it out, like an addition cigs or something. Hmmm. I wil occasioanlly treat myself to a yummy dessert on meals out (which I rarely go to!) so like once or twice a month but apart from that i'm gonna be super strict.

ReputationRep:
    ^I might try the same thing. If I let myself have a little of something I just want it more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    I've decided finally I'm gonan simply never ever eat biscuits/chocolate/crisps/junk EVER AGAIN! i know it sounds ridiculous but if you're addicted to something then the best thing to do is to simply cut it out, like an addition cigs or something. Hmmm. I wil occasioanlly treat myself to a yummy dessert on meals out (which I rarely go to!) so like once or twice a month but apart from that i'm gonna be super strict.
    Good luck with sticking to it If you really can't just have a little bit then it's definitely best to have none at all - it's nutrionally empty stuff that your body simply doesn't need. Use your cals to eat stuff that's yummy AND nutritious If you do have biscuits/choc etc have it as a v.occasional treat and in a situation where you can't binge on it eg. we never, ever buy biscuits at home as if I started on them I'd probably eat the whole pack so we just don't have them. Ever. If I really, really want a cake or something then I'll have it at Starbucks so that I'll really savour it and there's no way I'd have more than one (due to the price and would feel v.greedy) whereas at home it's much easier just to eat loads of junk and not even realise.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go jeans shopping tomorrow afternoon (provided I revise hard in the morning! All of mine are loose and horrible round the waist and bum and they were bought only last october *mad*

ReputationRep:
    ^ Hope you find something nice
    I need new jeans too but I'm so short that trouser shopping is a nightmare...I may go soon though as at least now it's just my height that's stopping me from getting a nice pair and it'd be nice to wear something other than shorts/M&S cord mini skirts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liladriel)
    It's only 3lbs - you can do it!
    How tall are you?
    5ft 7.

Meh, I hope it is just a phase that I'm going through

(Original post by Lilian)
    Good luck! I have such respect for anyone who can do that.

I could never do that. Thankfully I'm not really a chocolate addict and I've more or less cut out crisps and most junk but I love desserts so much. Baking is my favourite thing to do but I hardly ever do it anymore because I know I would just eat it all myself (the amount of chocolate and butter and sugar that goes in my chocolate brownies would make people on here cry!!) I have such a sweet tooth and get such a thrill out of desserts and baked stuff that I really don't think I could do it. Trying my very best to go for the willpower, have a little bit and no more route. It is kind of working, I have no trouble walking past bakerys most of the time now and at least I've stopped baking (excluding yesterday, that was a special day ) Hopefully I can control my cake addiction!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've been really good today. I thought yesterday was a knee jerk reaction to getting on the scales but today I haven't eaten a single bar of chocolate as opposed to the usual three! yay! I'm going to have one a day or one every other day, as it will still make a big difference. I need to have one at least every other day right now because im physically addicted and will start getting the shakes soon!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    damn damn damn i've just thought through what i ate today and it was 200 calories over my allowance :eek: i was fine and well under so i thought i'd have a potato cake. next thing i know i've eaten 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    damn damn damn i've just thought through what i ate today and it was 200 calories over my allowance :eek: i was fine and well under so i thought i'd have a potato cake. next thing i know i've eaten 4
    Well there are a lot worse things you could have eaten four of!

ReputationRep:
    Yey had about 1200 cals today.. whoop! Tomorrow I'm out for dinner with friends but won't eat much throughout the day to make up for it (and the no doubt alcohol consumption...) and shall be gyming before for maybe 2 hours.

(Original post by liladriel)
    Good luck with sticking to it If you really can't just have a little bit then it's definitely best to have none at all - it's nutrionally empty stuff that your body simply doesn't need. Use your cals to eat stuff that's yummy AND nutritious If you do have biscuits/choc etc have it as a v.occasional treat and in a situation where you can't binge on it eg. we never, ever buy biscuits at home as if I started on them I'd probably eat the whole pack so we just don't have them. Ever. If I really, really want a cake or something then I'll have it at Starbucks so that I'll really savour it and there's no way I'd have more than one (due to the price and would feel v.greedy) whereas at home it's much easier just to eat loads of junk and not even realise.
    Yeah very true, that sounds like a good idea and what I'm trying to get at when I explained. Never ever eating junk that it's in the house and only eating it on rare occasions wehn I'm out of the house but like "nice" junk like a cheeky icecream or a really nice dessert wheen I feel I've been really good for ages and deserve a treat. Still empty calories but at least I won't feel guilty as it will probably cost more and I will really really enjoy it!!! and won't be able to binge :p:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    Good luck! I have such respect for anyone who can do that.

I could never do that. Thankfully I'm not really a chocolate addict and I've more or less cut out crisps and most junk but I love desserts so much. Baking is my favourite thing to do but I hardly ever do it anymore because I know I would just eat it all myself (the amount of chocolate and butter and sugar that goes in my chocolate brownies would make people on here cry!!) I have such a sweet tooth and get such a thrill out of desserts and baked stuff that I really don't think I could do it. Trying my very best to go for the willpower, have a little bit and no more route. It is kind of working, I have no trouble walking past bakerys most of the time now and at least I've stopped baking (excluding yesterday, that was a special day ) Hopefully I can control my cake addiction!
    thank you :hugs: cakes are allowed by default on special days

ReputationRep:
    Eugh, I was working at the uni paper yesterday and I had FOUR slices of pizza! Up til now i've always limited myself to two max, but I didn't bring any dinner with me and we were there til 1am with so much work so I don't think I could have gotten through the night otherwise!

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it now so I'm not going to worry. What's everyone's opinion about detox days? I thought I might try one today (just fruit, veg, water and green tea) just to get me back into the system of things! What do you think?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.