The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7700
~Sam~
Eugh, I was working at the uni paper yesterday and I had FOUR slices of pizza! Up til now i've always limited myself to two max, but I didn't bring any dinner with me and we were there til 1am with so much work so I don't think I could have gotten through the night otherwise!

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it now so I'm not going to worry. What's everyone's opinion about detox days? I thought I might try one today (just fruit, veg, water and green tea) just to get me back into the system of things! What do you think?

your body can perfectly well detox itself ;yes; dont just limit yourself to that just have a healthy day with EXTRA fruit veg etc if you get meeeeeeee.
Reply 7701
Lilian
your body can perfectly well detox itself ;yes; dont just limit yourself to that just have a healthy day with EXTRA fruit veg etc if you get meeeeeeee.

Yeah I was thinking that, I just know people on here have mentioned them before. Eugh, I still feel crap about four slices of pizza! And I have so much work to do today that I can't even go to the gym :frown:
Reply 7702
~Sam~
Yeah I was thinking that, I just know people on here have mentioned them before. Eugh, I still feel crap about four slices of pizza! And I have so much work to do today that I can't even go to the gym :frown:

dont beat yourself uop about it up :hugs: I had two bad days and they were absolutely terrible seriously WAAY worse than 4 slices of pizza. Get back on track, think positive you can do it!!! :smile:
Reply 7703
Ok, positive thinking :biggrin:. Think me and the bf are going for dinner tonight too, going to make sure it's somewhere healthy with lots of low calorie options. Any suggestions?
Reply 7704
~Sam~
Ok, positive thinking :biggrin:. Think me and the bf are going for dinner tonight too, going to make sure it's somewhere healthy with lots of low calorie options. Any suggestions?

give us some names of restaurants in your local area!!!:smile:
Reply 7705
It's Cardiff so there's loads, including most of the big chains.

Was thhinking of maybe going to Pizza Express because then the bf can have pizza and I can have a nice salad. Was looking on the website and like the sound of the Nostrana - New potatoes, torn chicken, avocado, red peppers, green beans, mixed leaves, parsley, topped with a free range egg and served with baked dough sticks and our house dressing.

If I leave the dough sticks and have it with the dressing on the side it must be pretty healthy i'd imagine!
Reply 7706
I've decided my lunch!!! I'm gonna have it about 12.30-1 and it's gonna be a carton of covent garden basiol soup a slice of brown toast and ww sugar free peach and mandarin jelly with little clementine pieces inside that I dropped in for afters! yummmmmy.
Reply 7707
~Sam~
It's Cardiff so there's loads, including most of the big chains.

Was thhinking of maybe going to Pizza Express because then the bf can have pizza and I can have a nice salad. Was looking on the website and like the sound of the Nostrana - New potatoes, torn chicken, avocado, red peppers, green beans, mixed leaves, parsley, topped with a free range egg and served with baked dough sticks and our house dressing.

If I leave the dough sticks and have it with the dressing on the side it must be pretty healthy i'd imagine!

oh sounds good! is there a nandos? the mediterenean salad there is amazing!
It's good to have a mega blowout on calories tho cos it reminds your body you're not in starvation mode :smile: So really, the pizza was a good thing. :biggrin:

I remembered to have breakfast today, scrambled egg on wholemeal bread with a vine tomato! Yummy!
Reply 7709
Yeah we went to nandos last week, I ended up having the chicken breast in a pitta with sweet potato mash and then frozen yoghurt for dessert, was delicious! What's in the mediterranian salad? Soup for lunch sounds good, I might have some too actually, I have the same one as you!

thepinkpowerranger - I like your thinking! Although I don't think there's any danger of my body thinking it's starving with the amount I eat! Your breakfast sounds good, I just had a massive bowl of melon, was so nice.
Reply 7710
~Sam~
Yeah we went to nandos last week, I ended up having the chicken breast in a pitta with sweet potato mash and then frozen yoghurt for dessert, was delicious! What's in the mediterranian salad? Soup for lunch sounds good, I might have some too actually, I have the same one as you!

thepinkpowerranger - I like your thinking! Although I don't think there's any danger of my body thinking it's starving with the amount I eat! Your breakfast sounds good, I just had a massive bowl of melon, was so nice.

It's like loadsa lettuce leaves :smile: red pepper black and green olives and a little bit of feta cheese:biggrin:. The dressing is in a little pot on the side and you can have it with a chicken breast(I didn't obviously cus I'm veggie) the salad is rather big though and very satisfying!
Reply 7711
Lilian
It's like loadsa lettuce leaves :smile: red pepper black and green olives and a little bit of feta cheese:biggrin:. The dressing is in a little pot on the side and you can have it with a chicken breast(I didn't obviously cus I'm veggie) the salad is rather big though and very satisfying!

Sounds nice. I had the cous cous and chickpea salad with chicken before which was really good. I'm excited about dinner now and hoping it will motivate me to eat well up until then :smile:
Reply 7712
~Sam~
Sounds nice. I had the cous cous and chickpea salad with chicken before which was really good. I'm excited about dinner now and hoping it will motivate me to eat well up until then :smile:

yeah I was debating between that and the med one :biggrin:
Reply 7713
Lilian
yeah I was debating between that and the med one :biggrin:

It's quite worrying how excited I get about food!
Ok, I'm going to go try to do some work now. Will be back here later no doubt to catch up with everyone!
Have a nice day :smile:
Reply 7714
~Sam~
It's quite worrying how excited I get about food!
Ok, I'm going to go try to do some work now. Will be back here later no doubt to catch up with everyone!
Have a nice day :smile:

you too :hugs:
Reply 7715
I had breakfast today (which I don't normally do)
I had a reaaaally bad day eating wise yesterday - just ate and felt miserable.

I think I'll have a quorn burger and small butter bean salad for lunch.
i ruined my day of good eating last night! i ate skips after my dinner :frown:
Reply 7717
.x.jen.x.
i ruined my day of good eating last night! i ate skips after my dinner :frown:

skips are only 100 odd calories anyway :hugs: you ruined nothing :smile:
Today is my treat day!! :smile:

I'm not meant to have treat days on weightwatchers but it's the twins' birthday today and everyone is getting takeaway and slobbing out in front of a film!! Yey!! My sister is even coming from Liverpool to join us hehe :biggrin:

I shall just be very good the rest of the day I think ;yes; :biggrin:
Reply 7719
super yummy lunch :cool: had four high fibre crackers instead of a slice of toast though cus I had toast for breakfast.
Nowww have to be at work by 2!!!
there's a free buffet ther ebut if there's nothing healthy I think I'll just stick with a healthy living sandwich and a yoghurt! or an innocent smoothie if I can afford it!

Latest