Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by x__Indigo_x)
    no my weakness is any food at all , i really really enjoy food and going out for meals so restricting myself is soooooo hard my friends always say me and my bf are a food couple hahah cos we love the same types of food love cooking together and go out for meals loads lol

willpower sucks lol
    I'm the same and love cooking/going out for meals but thankfully my boyfriend isn't a foodie and if I'm eating with him I'm so much better in terms of what I eat and how much. Plus he is really great at keeping me away from cakes/biscuits/naughty food. It's when I'm on my own I make food mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberties)
    Good for you. Any other eating practices are really just irrational. Paul McKenna's theory is the way people are thin naturally. I often think I should learn how to eat this way (just eating when I'm hungry), but I feel like getting over my hang-ups will be REALLY difficult, and I should just lose weight the old-fashioned way (controlling everything externally) until I can maintain, and only then put McKenna's theory into practice. I don't know whether this is the wisest thing to do, but it seems like it would be so much easier...
    Welcome And about McKenna.. Well... my attempt has failed and really badly, ending up in teh worst binge I've had since absolute ages - can't even remember. So I guess you're right - I'm back to kcal counting tomorrow, that's the only thing that has worked for me. Can't wait to be back at uni, buying only healthy stuff!

Going to finish off my rice for dinner. It is so yummy and simple, can't believe I've never thought of making it before. Brown rice (cold), chicken, peppers, sweetcorn with a spoonful of cool tesco salsa (their version of the dorritos one) mixed through. Very filling so think that will get me through my 10-8 days next week.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend has come over for dinner tonight so i'm making us hot chicken and parma ham with low fat caesar salad. with a sneaky little bit of rosé wine!

we've already burnt off a few of the extra wine cals anyway :ninja: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've had a good food day today, I'm feeling a bit happier at the moment I was feeling confident today and went out without wearing any makeup as well - that's a big thing for me :p:

i caved in at the buffet to mini cakes and ferrero rochets, a few crisps and some peanuts , but I did stick to my word of eating no junk out of the house and didn't snack and think " oh well ill give in " when I got home.
    Oh well 1500 cal day 1700 cal absolute max. still a deficit and worked 4.5 hours on my feet do feel a bit of a failure though

ReputationRep:
    well i had my tea which was a small potato [ fless than fist size] salmon fillet+ steamed veg
    but now my stomach is really bloated and like fat

so now i feel really depressed......whyyy
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you've eaten a healthy dinner.there's nothing to be worried about???

ReputationRep:
    Anyone feeling bad about what they ate today - just know that I had a MASSIVE [and I mean MASSIVE] takeaway for dinner today, and I had a 'normal' [for me, on WW] breakfast and lunch. Hah. One 'off' day hardly counts anymore, though. I'd rather live my life and lose weight slower than it drop off me and my normal life be restricted.

Oh, yeah, I may be slightly tipsy. Oops??

Hah, if I pointed all my eats and booze from today I bet it'd reach 30+

Heh :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    I am a fat pig and PROUD!! :proud:

(Original post by SilverWings)
    Anyone feeling bad about what they ate today - just know that I had a MASSIVE [and I mean MASSIVE] takeaway for dinner today, and I had a 'normal' [for me, on WW] breakfast and lunch. Hah. One 'off' day hardly counts anymore, though. I'd rather live my life and lose weight slower than it drop off me and my normal life be restricted.

Oh, yeah, I may be slightly tipsy. Oops??

Hah, if I pointed all my eats and booze from today I bet it'd reach 30+

Heh :blushing:
    I like that attitude. I had a little glass of wine this evening. I don't care if it means I don't lose as much weight as I'd like, life is too short.

I'm having a takeaway next Thursday with the boyfriend. I am dreaming of the chicken korma, bombay potatoes and naan bread already :p:

ReputationRep:
    I ws havinbg a really good day today.

but then i went over to my frends and it was his bday, i wasnt gna have any cake. but then.. there was a really yummy choc cake. So i had a small piece of that :-( and then when i came home i thought oh gosh what have i done... so i ate some casheenuts about 4 hanfduks :-( now i feel reaaaalllllyy guilty :-( iv been doing well and i dont like these slip upd

ReputationRep:
    Weigh in today. I've lost 2.2lbs since last Friday so now I'm down to 162.2lbs. Next Friday my aim is to be down to 160lbs.

I went to the gym this morning, did 30 minutes on the cross trainer then 30 minutes on the bike. Had a beef burrito with a small side of brown rice for lunch, then a banana for a snack, then for tea I had a ham, lettuce and tomato sandwich in brown bread, half a portion of chips (oops) and a bit of salad. I'm not not worrying about the chips too much because I ate loads of poptarts last week and still managed to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    I've had another good day today, despite my housemates having a load of friends round for pizza and asking me if i wanted to order with them.

I rrrrrrreally wanted some Ben and Jerry's. I bloody love it. So i told them to buy me some. BUT then i changed my mind (was already at my cal aim for today) and cancelled my order. Then to stop me bingeing i kept repeating "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" which i think i read on here a few days back. Now i'm going to have a cuppa Earl Grey and head to bed.

So thanks to the person who wrote that phrase - it's my new mantra! Also, LaTrampa that foodfocus site is soooo much better than the tesco one. I love that you can enter foods that it doesn't have, and that it adds things up correctly. *rep for you*

Also, i see all of you writing about going for meals with your boyfriends and it makes me glad i'm single. One of my favourite things about having a bf (apart from other more obvious gd things) is having someone to go out to dinner with. I'm too much of a loser to go myself and my friends prefer to spend money on booze than food so we never go out for dinner. Which (as weight loss goes) is a good thing!

Wooh that's a long post... sorry!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    hmmm yoghurt or cereal, yoghurt or cereal??
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    cereal you can have more of it!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by newDana)
    I've had another good day today, despite my housemates having a load of friends round for pizza and asking me if i wanted to order with them.

I rrrrrrreally wanted some Ben and Jerry's. I bloody love it. So i told them to buy me some. BUT then i changed my mind (was already at my cal aim for today) and cancelled my order. Then to stop me bingeing i kept repeating "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" which i think i read on here a few days back. Now i'm going to have a cuppa Earl Grey and head to bed.

So thanks to the person who wrote that phrase - it's my new mantra! Also, LaTrampa that foodfocus site is soooo much better than the tesco one. I love that you can enter foods that it doesn't have, and that it adds things up correctly. *rep for you*

Also, i see all of you writing about going for meals with your boyfriends and it makes me glad i'm single. One of my favourite things about having a bf (apart from other more obvious gd things) is having someone to go out to dinner with. I'm too much of a loser to go myself and my friends prefer to spend money on booze than food so we never go out for dinner. Which (as weight loss goes) is a good thing!

Wooh that's a long post... sorry!
    no worries. also about the bf thing, you don't always have to eat junk when you go out,and it's not all the time people go out to dinner. :p: i know when my bf comes round, i take him to yo! sushi, wagamama, dim sum etc and we have pretty healthy and yummy things. except when we're really lazy and we order takeaway lol although we do try our best there too! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    no worries. also about the bf thing, you don't always have to eat junk when you go out,and it's not all the time people go out to dinner. :p: i know when my bf comes round, i take him to yo! sushi, wagamama, dim sum etc and we have pretty healthy and yummy things. except when we're really lazy and we order takeaway lol although we do try our best there too! lol
    Ah true i spose, but my ex was a skinny get who could eat and eat and eat and would refuse to go anywhere that was healthy. If the menu didn't involve yummy (but healthily rubbish) food he wasn't interested. And i never needed too much persuading!

Perhaps now i've got a little more will power i could cope with it, choosing the healthy options. I'm not sure though, and am fairly glad it's a battle i don't have to have with myself atm!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    wow that website is good for keeping track of your food!! if only i could make it work in kg i'd be mega impressed!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    how do you mean? it displays the weights in kg and if you mean food..then just multiply by a 1000 to get g.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.