The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7920
that run was jut WOWW!! it was only about half an hour walking/running (running till I couldnt run tehn walking til I could again but I feel much more positive now!
ah fair enough. but you're still advised not to eat more than 2 eggs as a day,because a high level of cholesterol,good or bad cholesterol is bad for the body after a certain point.

oh and in good news, seems i've managed to lose 0.5 - 1kg. :biggrin:
Reply 7922
Bah, I've slipped up - had two deserts - 2 small bananas with 2 pots of vanilla- and chocolate- flavoured yogurt.. I know, it's still a fairly healthy treat but I'm on 1,000 kcal already! Will have just some veg for afternoon snack and something small and healthy for dinner.
Reply 7923
So today is going *well* so far, although I don't think I ate enough at breakfast. I had porridge but it was a v.small portion so perhaps I should up my portion size because I ravenous by 11! I had some melon, and some ginger oat biscuits (v.filling).

Lunch will probably be chicken soup and a granary roll...going for a loooong walk later:smile:Escape from revision for a bit.
I weighed myself and my scales say I have put on weight ^o)

I disagree, I think I've lost.

Just have to wait and see at WW tomorrow, eh??

Meh.
basically any cholesterol you find in animal fats is going to be LDL or "bad cholesterol" things from plant sources are more likely to be higher in the HDLs. people have arguments over whether it's best to just totally avoid as much cholesterol as you can (your body can synthesise its own to meet basic needs if you're not ingesting enough) or to try and get fair amounts of the HDLs which are thought to protect your artery walls from collecting more fatty deposits and perhaps even help to break down plaques that have already formed.

i'm not really sure why i just wrote that. oh well, i'm glad i haven't forgotton everything i ever learned. exams soon :frown:
so far today
*Porrige 4 brekkie [ so boringgggg :frown: didnt like it but was starving]
*1/2 of organic tomatoes on toast [ kinda low in calories tasted ok too!] on brown bread. for lunch

*3 sneaky fruit pastels [3 sweets not bars haha!]:smile:

feeling rather hungry now though ...today is going soooooooooooooo slow :frown:

why is pepsi max so low in calories has it got some other crap in? should i avoid it even instead of lemonade...?

yet again my stomach is really bloated today :frown: whyyy i felt soooo godo last night after swimming and then by late afternoon i always feel pure fat :frown: :frown:

depressed day today i think :frown: *sighs*
I'm making homemade soup for the first time ever later. Hopefully it'll be nice.

Indigo - Pepsi Max is low in calories because of sweetners. In moderation it's ok and way better than standard pepsi. Non diet lemonade is probably 40cals/100ml so maybe have sparking water with sugar free squash instead as it's all just empty calories.
Reply 7928
wat a terrible day...and have chinese for dinner :rolleyes: the only good thing is the run I had!! oh well back on track as of tomorrow so not gonna keep on beating myself up about it.
everyones allowed an off day!!!
Reply 7930
~Kirsty~
everyones allowed an off day!!!

excactly...shall not be making a habit of it though!
bright star
basically any cholesterol you find in animal fats is going to be LDL or "bad cholesterol" things from plant sources are more likely to be higher in the HDLs. people have arguments over whether it's best to just totally avoid as much cholesterol as you can (your body can synthesise its own to meet basic needs if you're not ingesting enough) or to try and get fair amounts of the HDLs which are thought to protect your artery walls from collecting more fatty deposits and perhaps even help to break down plaques that have already formed.

i'm not really sure why i just wrote that. oh well, i'm glad i haven't forgotton everything i ever learned. exams soon :frown:

I learnt something :biggrin: (the plant source bit!)

Good luck with the exams.

Hmm I have a trial shift at american diner place (yay) although he told me to get there early so I can try the food... mmm bad! lol!

Doing good today 600 cals so far...
hehe - the practical dietetic point of view - eat lots of HDL's!

Actually, i would advise eat lots of monounsaturated fats e.g. the olive spreads if anything. Although in a normal, healthy diet, cholesterol shouldn't be too concerning, unless you have high risks of things like heart disease, perhaps diabetes. The monounsaturates apparently increase HDL, decrease LDL, so in terms of overall cardiac disease risks etc this will be lower.

Enjoy the american diner job!
Reply 7933
SilverWings
I weighed myself and my scales say I have put on weight ^o)

I disagree, I think I've lost.

For some reason, your post just made me lose the game. Meh :tongue:

I've had a rubbish day today, as expected i've eaten a ridiculous amount of fudge. I'm also strongly considering saying eff it for the rest of the day and ordering pizza for dinner.
i've had a rubbishy day, i had onion & cider soup for lunch which was only 120cals for the tin, although i added 5 croutons and a sprinkle of low fat grated cheese so not sure how much that took it too. BUT midafternoon before my 5pm french class, i got a bit ravenous and ended up eating a flump - 50cals, a mini bag of fingers - 115cals and a pack of skips - 89 cals.

SO almost 300cals of snacks all in one afternoon!! :frown: terrible. for breakfast id had 2 lower cal scotch pancakes with nutella too. so i dread to think what my total for today will be.

For dinner i'm making myself some lean mini chicken fillets cooked on my george foreman grill, with homemade mash using half a sweet potato, a bit of carrot, and a bit of swede. also going to have a bit of gravy too! It's not BAD cals really (except the gravy) but im going to be so much over what id like today. ARGH.

oh well. i will exercise tomorrow!! :smile:
Did anybody else see Grace on the Weakest Link today? She was looking great, she's obviously still sticking to the exercise and weight loss! I miss her!
i saw her - i dind't realise she was the same grace! wow!
I only have two points left today :frown:

What am I gonna dooo?? jen?? ideas??

Excuses:

> I have been crying most of the day and been really upset and have eaten random rubbish
> I am SO ill and it's making me feel like poo!!

Oh, crap. I've drunk like a gallon of orange juice today, which I reckon just about puts me at my total of 22 points today. MEH. :frown:
well i've eaten a whole bag of cashew nuts today!! yum!! :ninja:
Yep, I thought it was her, then when she got voted off and said about her rugby playing boyfriend and being from a New Zealand family I knew it was her!

Latest