Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liladriel)
    I'm back at uni with lots of healthy food but am already missing having a kitchen My hall cantine was shut for dinner last night so went to Sainsbury's and got a salad instead with some WW tuna. Think I will have a tuna light lunch today with the rest of the salad. Hmm. Most of the food I brought with me will probably be gone by next week but as I'm going to be revising most of the time it seems silly to have lunch in places like Starbucks as it just results in silly amounts of money being spent on food.

Out of interest, how long to you guys go between meals? I normally really hungry about 4 hours after meals - is that normal or should I eat a bit more at mealtimes/have small snacks in between?

Good luck with getting back on track everyone :five:
    And Beebeeworn - sure you will look fab in your ball dress - 2lbs isn't even noticeable to anyone else and if you're very strict for a few days you probably could lose a few pounds - good luck!
    I think you're supposed to eat every 3 - 4 hours... that way it keeps your metabolism going as well as stopping you being hungry!!

Last night I was at the library really late and didn't have dinner...I ate 2/3rds of a tube of pringles instead :eek: Back to proper food today after a week of living off sandwiches and chocolate instead of meals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liladriel)
    And Beebeeworn - sure you will look fab in your ball dress - 2lbs isn't even noticeable to anyone else and if you're very strict for a few days you probably could lose a few pounds - good luck!
    I really hope so! I know it doesn't make too much difference but because I don't have a lot left to lose I notice a couple of lbs on me. luckily, even if it doesn't disappear by then, my dress is fairly loose around the stomach area so should just fall nicely.

Hmm might have a look and see if I have any photos which show my progress, it's always good to see how you've improved
    edit - attached a before/after. The before was about a year ago and the after was last week. Not a dramatic difference like lots of people have had on here but hopefully you can see a little difference!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    ^ post them up here?

i hope you have fun t your ball! i bet you dont have to lose any weight at all.

i got up about an hour ago so all ive had is fruit and tea so far but feeling hungry so maybe going to make something soon. ive been having so much tuna recently! and those light/extra light laughing cow portions. they're 20/25 calories per portion and really quite yummy. ive also had quite a bit of dark chocolate. i'm writing a masssive lab report and i figure dark chocolate/fruit/diet lemonade is the best way to treat mysef if i really want something sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beebeeworm)
    I really hope so! I know it doesn't make too much difference but because I don't have a lot left to lose I notice a couple of lbs on me. luckily, even if it doesn't disappear by then, my dress is fairly loose around the stomach area so should just fall nicely.

Hmm might have a look and see if I have any photos which show my progress, it's always good to see how you've improved
    edit - attached a before/after. The before was about a year ago and the after was last week. Not a dramatic difference like lots of people have had on here but hopefully you can see a little difference!
    you're so thin! I'm jealous :eek: wow!

I'm like your before pic...at best

ReputationRep:

wow, you're gorgeous!! i'm not even as nice as your before pic!!! haha. You didn't even need to lose anything but you look super hot now! I love your hair colour, it's very pretty Have fun at the ball, you'll look stunning, and be sure to show us some pics

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys. Have got revision munchies and have just hit the fridge for some celery - I've not had it for ages, I forgot how satisfying the crunch is Will def be buying more of this!

ReputationRep:

Wow - your figure's amazing. You didn't need to lose any weight but def think you look great in the 2nd pic I'm jealous of your long legs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellabella)
    ^ post them up here?

i hope you have fun t your ball! i bet you dont have to lose any weight at all.

i got up about an hour ago so all ive had is fruit and tea so far but feeling hungry so maybe going to make something soon. ive been having so much tuna recently! and those light/extra light laughing cow portions. they're 20/25 calories per portion and really quite yummy. ive also had quite a bit of dark chocolate. i'm writing a masssive lab report and i figure dark chocolate/fruit/diet lemonade is the best way to treat mysef if i really want something sweet
    I'm going to look out for the laughing cow portions. I'm trying to eat more calcium so they could be a good low cal way of getting some as right now I don't think I'm having enough and normal cheese is too high in cals so I try to avoid it.

Dark chocolate is meant to be really healthy in small amounts. I have sugar free chuppa chups for revision sugar fixes and have just made an instand cappuchino which is 66cals - hopefully it will be nice and I can have one a day as a revision treat rather than going to Starbucks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    jen i can't find them on the sainsbury's website or on google either?
    is it safari or a brand called calypso (these)?

ReputationRep:
    your link didn't work for me for some reason, but i typed in "ice pop" and they showed up, and are 55p! The brand is Calypso and they're called Safari Pops. Here's a pic:

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    thanks, i'll have a look.i know calypso make a bigger pack that has 10 ice pops,i think i've noticed these but i'll have another look thanks

edit: found them now thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I have the bigger see-through ones. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone is ok, I've been wanting to post here for a while, and now I'm finally fed up with how much weight I've put on, so I think it's time I did! I'm Anna! I'm a uni student, and before I came here I weighed around 9 stone (which is ideally the weight I want to get back to), but after far too much bad and food and drinking, I am now around 10 stone and not happy about it. I'm nearly 5"8, and all the weight seems to have gone right to my stomach and thighs- not good haha. Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello, and hopefully seeing how well all you guys are doing will give me the motivation to stop whining about the way I look and actually do something about it !

grrr feel so ****ing fat! my own fault though so the only thng I can do is stop feeling sorry for myself and really focus. Hmmm I can do this! I'm going out to frankie and bennys tonight. Having the penne arabiata thing. very carby although I'll try and only eat half of the pasta and fill up on olives. Try and have water/diet coke for drinks and skip dessert!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilian)
    grrr feel so ****ing fat! my own fault though so the only thng I can do is stop feeling sorry for myself and really focus. Hmmm I can do this! I'm going out to frankie and bennys tonight. Having the penne arabiata thing. very carby although I'll try and only eat half of the pasta and fill up on olives. Try and have water/diet coke for drinks and skip dessert!
    If you're anything like me your good intentions to leave half the pasta won't happen! Frankie and Benny's have really good salads, my friends are always jealous when I get salads after thinking I'm crazy for ordering one! Why not have a salad instead and then a side order as a bit of a treat (e.g. onion rings). That'll probs be lower cal than a big pasta dish.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm Frankie and Benny's is gooood! I've just got back from tesco and we bought loads of lush food. Although i was starving so i ate a few crackers (lush matzo onion and herb ones - 17cals each!) and quite a few yoghurt covered peanuts&raisins and now i'm not very hungry! Hmph. I hate filling up on crap food. Oh well mum's cooked sunday roast, but she hasn't made me a main dish (veggie) so i think i'll just have some veg...may cook some kind of fillety thing, or just have some quorn sausages. We'll see.

And I bought those 0cal freezepops that someone was talking about, can't wait for them to be frozen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone is ok, I've been wanting to post here for a while, and now I'm finally fed up with how much weight I've put on, so I think it's time I did! I'm Anna! I'm a uni student, and before I came here I weighed around 9 stone (which is ideally the weight I want to get back to), but after far too much bad and food and drinking, I am now around 10 stone and not happy about it. I'm nearly 5"8, and all the weight seems to have gone right to my stomach and thighs- not good haha. Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello, and hopefully seeing how well all you guys are doing will give me the motivation to stop whining about the way I look and actually do something about it !
    Helloooo welcome! Your weight/height doesn't seem that bad at all! Are you going to follow a particular diet? Or count calories? I've only just started to do this seriously...well, thinking about what i eat and such, i'm not being very strict on myself at the moment, but i will! Good luck

If you're anything like me your good intentions to leave half the pasta won't happen! Frankie and Benny's have really good salads, my friends are always jealous when I get salads after thinking I'm crazy for ordering one! Why not have a salad instead and then a side order as a bit of a treat (e.g. onion rings). That'll probs be lower cal than a big pasta dish.
    i was gonna but they only have a cool salad as an appetiser thats veggie. the tomato and mozerella one! i wanted that! what a dillema. Can I ask for it as amain?

ReputationRep:
    I need to join a gym, or something. #beard#

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.