Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just had a chocolate bar to cheer me up (while finishing an essay) - and surprisingly it made me feel kind of weird and also bloated. So hopefully this memory will put me off sugar for a couple of days :p:
    Apart from this, today's eating is going well and I'm meeting a friend in the gym soon, so will do at least 90 minutes I hope (weights and some cardio).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millies567)
    I want to lose weight around my tummy/the upper half of the body.. any ideas?
    I think that's the place most women start losing weight first so maybe if you focus on a proper diet, some cardio and toning exercises, you should see some results fairly soon!

ReputationRep:
    I hope soo. Im trying to focus on a proper diet, eating 3 good meals a day and snacking on just fruit (mainly banana's cz thats all i like atm).. with regards to exercise though.. i dont do intensive work out such as at the gym. I go for walks n stuff though. Walk about an hour each dayy?

ReputationRep:
    ahh my scales broke! nooo!

ReputationRep:
    Goddamnit, I must have had 600 cals worth of raisins just now. I'm no good. I need to get back into control but I'm not sure how. Does it just take perseverance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millies567)
    I hope soo. Im trying to focus on a proper diet, eating 3 good meals a day and snacking on just fruit (mainly banana's cz thats all i like atm).. with regards to exercise though.. i dont do intensive work out such as at the gym. I go for walks n stuff though. Walk about an hour each dayy?
    Yeah if you eat healthily and move as much as you can (maybe if you don't go to the gym, try to find some workouts you can do at home? or exercise DVDs - most of them aren't very good but Billy Blanks's taebo is great!) then you should be fine!

Anyway, I've just got back from the gym, did about 25 minutes of cardio and and hour and a bit of weights - and my body is aching! Unfortunately will have to have a rest day tomorrow (my gym is closed) - well, at least my muscles can relax and I can focus on some revision :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling pretty good atm. Need to up the exercise a bit, but i've not binged in 12 days, which is amazing for me. Gotta keep it up though! This is the best i've felt in a long while.

Hope everyone else is doing well. xx

ReputationRep:
    Just found this and thought i'd share my story My mum joined Weightwatchers a few weeks ago so i've just been doing it with her and have lost 9lbs :eek: i usually find it SO hard to lose weight! And now i have a completely different attitude towards food, i know that sounds like such a cliché but i really do! My dad and sister went for a walk up a mountain in Wales today so i went with them, was about 1hr40mins solid walking up and down so i'm quite tired but feeling good about it now

ReputationRep:
    Okay i want to tone up and loose a bit of weight befiore uni.
    I'm curently 5 foot 3, 9 stone 4, size 8 jeans and size 10 top usually (because i have quite big boobs :s: i do look out of proportion unfortunatly). This sounds smallish, as i usually get 'S' size clothes, but i do look a bit chunky to the eye, and i think i need to tone up more than loose weight maybe :/
    The problem: i had a gym membership, until a week ago when i got it cancelled cos i never went... whoops, and because it's 'exams'. So i need a new way of exercising... hmmm.

so yes, the diet begins.

ReputationRep:
    Why do my weekends always seem to turn into binge central? During the week I can always manage to resist temptation, but at the weekend I just let myself go. This weekend has been horrendous, I can't even remember all of the crap I ate to write it down here.

I went to the gym this afternoon to try and balance out what I ate, but I still feel crappy.

I know I'll be fine food/exercise wise for the next five days, but as soon as Saturday comes around again I'm going to have to be really careful. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure 1 day a week doesn't do that much harm, just keep your chin up and Im sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    oops. bad minimo. detox tomorrow.

Grrr last night I had a brown bagel with light sandwich spread(not too bad), a brunch bar and a chewee bar(forgivable) and two funsize milkways and a funsize twix. Grrrrr. I'm not gonna beat myself up about it though because at least I didnt let it become a full pig out and stuff so that's the only upside. I'll just say it was my treat for that week or whatever. I think I might let myself have a treat at the weekend as my new healthy eating plan of things :cool:

I've just joined tescodiets.com for some meal ideas

ReputationRep:
    Today seems like a 'crisis' day - the fact I couldn't sleep properly last night and now feel really weak and should be revising doesn't help! But - it's my fifth day of being really good, so want to keep it up - and so far I'm struggling (and munching on carrots, oranges and yogurt as snacks), but haven't eaten any crap - and if it goes well, I'll be on 1,300-1,400 cals for today which is ok (bearing in mind it's my rest day it's not amazing though.. wish the gym wasn't closed today ). hope everyone's doing well x

ReputationRep:
    Learnt an important lesson today... don't go running when you've eaten about 500 calories all day before hand... Might have been the heat but only did like a mile before I started feeling dizzy + headachey =/ Walked an then tried running again even though my head hurt. Rubbish run. I think I was going too fast too, I've started to hate going slow =/ lol.

I have resisted the tub of ice cream from the ice cream parlour near us that I got for my bro last night cos he really wanted some though.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh just been for another run, and it's actually getting easier already. Ok, so its only my fourth run haha, but the first time especially I could barely breathe; I just hope I can keep this is up!
    And I've just got to say everyone seems to be doing so well. I've only been dieting/healthy eating whatever you want to call it for a week and a half (feels like longer haha), so I don't think anyone should get too down for having an off day; like I said I haven't been doing this long and I'm already craving all the bad things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    Ooh just been for another run, and it's actually getting easier already. Ok, so its only my fourth run haha, but the first time especially I could barely breathe; I just hope I can keep this is up!
    And I've just got to say everyone seems to be doing so well. I've only been dieting/healthy eating whatever you want to call it for a week and a half (feels like longer haha), so I don't think anyone should get too down for having an off day; like I said I haven't been doing this long and I'm already craving all the bad things!
    I look at it that every time you go it's better than the time before and with regards to the gym too! Lol even like today when I've had a crap run and my head still hurts ( :confused: ) at least I went.

Bad things aren't bad once in a while.

Have you seen: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml ? Loads of people have found it really good. I always get frustrated at running for less than I can though lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting here, reading this thread, eating a chocolate bar and drinking sugary coffee. Oh dear! Just having chicken and veg for dinner though so hopefully I can stay within 1500 calories for today. My essays will all be done a week today and then the exercise and proper eating resumes!

ReputationRep:
    I had a good day today.. until i went to starbukc for lunch. Had one of their tuna sandwiches and.. a mango and passion fruit juice drink. i know starbuks not the best place to get a sandwich from but it was quite yummy.

however cz i felt guilty.. i walked for about a good hour and a half? or maybe even more.

That should cancel it out right?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.