Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by King Hippo)
    Just for the record guys, there's no need to worry about me. I am losing weight, but i'm not being silly in doing so. I thought i'd told Tufts but i must not have: i had a Burger King to pass the time after i helped her get on her train. I'll admit that i am losing weight to impress Tufts but just to make you all sure, i'm being sensible. I'm not starving myself. :hugs:
    Thats good - just think of all these people thinking about you. :hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :hugs: good good.

ReputationRep:
    Well done all

Having an ok day today, not too good but not too bad.

My exercise for now is dancing round to rooney

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dita_parlo)
    Well my nana passed away on Wednesday so the diet has stopped for the moment. I took my mum out for a walk today and now I'm off to the gym so that's good.

Keep up the hard work ladies, but don't let the diet and weight loss take over life, life is for enjoying, being happy and healthy with yourself
    :hugs: I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hippo)
    Just for the record guys, there's no need to worry about me. I am losing weight, but i'm not being silly in doing so. I thought i'd told Tufts but i must not have: i had a Burger King to pass the time after i helped her get on her train. I'll admit that i am losing weight to impress Tufts but just to make you all sure, i'm being sensible. I'm not starving myself. :hugs:
    If you're losing weight to impress someone, you must really like them.

Incidentally, I saw you on FB (Amy's pics) and whilst you're on the podgy side, you do look cuddly - so that's good!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all that information guys.

it's so hard deciding whats good and whats bad for you..! i thought squash was good. i can't drink water on it's own because it makes want to vomit. and i'm quite suprised about the fruit juices.. hmm.

is there a website anywhere which will tell me which food falls into which category? ie uhm, carbs, complex carbs, protein etc.. if i know what they are, and what i should be getting of each category, then this should make life a little easier.

the currys i have aren't usually take aways. i buy the sauce in a jar, then add the chicken and the rice.

i'll have to try a nice stir fly too, but without the noodles. mmm veg. also, i think i'll start bringing raw carrots to work to snack on. not too keen on celery or mushrooms, but carrots i can do.

so yeah, are there any websites as mentioned above?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    thanks for all that information guys.

it's so hard deciding whats good and whats bad for you..! i thought squash was good. i can't drink water on it's own because it makes want to vomit. and i'm quite suprised about the fruit juices.. hmm.

is there a website anywhere which will tell me which food falls into which category? ie uhm, carbs, complex carbs, protein etc.. if i know what they are, and what i should be getting of each category, then this should make life a little easier.

the currys i have aren't usually take aways. i buy the sauce in a jar, then add the chicken and the rice.

i'll have to try a nice stir fly too, but without the noodles. mmm veg. also, i think i'll start bringing raw carrots to work to snack on. not too keen on celery or mushrooms, but carrots i can do.

so yeah, are there any websites as mentioned above?
    Try this one: http://www.nutrition.org.uk/home.asp...on=299&which=1

In terms of each food group - you should have a portion of carbs with each meal, breakfast lunch and tea.

Dairy 2-3 portions per day.

Protein 2 portions per day

Fruit and veg as much as you can manage

Fats and sugars- - limit all the processed ones like cakes, bicuits, chocolate, crisps etc.

The curry sauces, just check the label, they might be ok, but i know some are high calorie. I would suggest adding vegetables as well to the chicken when you make it, or boil veg with the rice or something!

I don't think you need to worry too much about your carbs to be fair. Carbs aren't bad for you, your diet is supposed to have a lot.

Try the plate model of healthy eating, your main meal should look like 20% of the area is a protein food -meat/fish etc, 40% veg, 40% carbs - rice/pasta/noodle/potatoes etc.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    actually that website i quoted earlier may be better: have you seen this: http://www.bdaweightwise.com/eating/eating_plan.aspx follow the 1500 calorie one.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i quite like that site, going to bookmark it.

ReputationRep:
    ah thanks kirsty. those links are really helpful.

i want to get down to about 50kg if possible (i'm 57 now). it's just lose the chubbiness and stuff.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    i quite like that site, going to bookmark it.
    I've never actually used it before, i just knew it existed, and it is actually quite good! And the info is all trustworthy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    ah thanks kirsty. those links are really helpful.

i want to get down to about 50kg if possible (i'm 57 now). it's just lose the chubbiness and stuff.
    If you try some form of exercise even if its walking 2-3 times a week, it might help too.

ReputationRep:
    :bumps: :bunny: :dancing2: :champ: :party: ;grin; #groovy#

After a month of not losing anything, I've finally lost another lb!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Spoog!)
    :bumps: :bunny: :dancing2: :champ: :party: ;grin; #groovy#

After a month of not losing anything, I've finally lost another lb!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats excellent:

:party:

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Spoog, it's so great when you get over an annoying platau and manage to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Phew have just come back from an hour cycle round the park (twice) - that should be about 500cals burnt off so am feeling less guilty about the monster 800cal toffee sundae!!
    Am still hoping to stick to green beans tonight though.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    good exercise! I wish i had the energy!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou everyone
    I'm going for a run tonight, 3 and a half miles ahoy!

ReputationRep:
    I went to body balance today, and my god I've never felt my thighs burn as much as they did today! I'm going to feel it in the morning! The only bad thing is that I can't go for the next 2 weeks until I'm back at uni as I'm working. And now I have work until 4am...and I'm tired already! So I have guarana chewing gum, and diet red bull to get me through!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.