TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gosha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bright star)
eurgh i've been a steady weight for a fortnight now. i've been so so good as well not fair
do you exercise? maybe you've gained some muscle
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had an exam morning and wooo i'm feeling positive about it. i was crapping myself this morning and was so stressed and couldn't eat (As compared to when i was crapping myself yesterday and couldn't think and was comfort eating), but i'm ok ish now. i'm near my start weight but that includes period bloating and what not but i'm not that worried as i can just hoop more and move more once exams are over.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
just thsi wierd new chocolate bar thats kinda like its been twisted (like the chocolates been twisted round) and its filled with fondant. Really good actualyl , scky tho
They will probably turn up here... in about 6 months :p:
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Purple)
heh try asda..or tesco
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hehe - that reminds me - i never got the chance to have a wispa - they never seemed to reach my neck of the woods!
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
We managed to get those:p:

Still no sign of those ben and jerry things you were all talking about a few months ago though
tootsies
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And i'm back in the game!

Went to the gym today for the first time in weeks/months, felt really good, i thought i'd struggle but i was fine, did 40 mins on the crosstrainer and burned about 450kcal! Wooo. Did some random other stuff in the gym then but nothing too impressive.

Although I was hungry before I went in, I came out and wasn't hungry at all! Anyone else get this? My friends were all having lunch so I had a pear...it was goooood!

How's everyone enjoying the sunshine?

I had an exam today that went really well. woopee!
bright star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gosha)
do you exercise? maybe you've gained some muscle
lol maybe i do exercise a lot yeah.
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
no sign of those ben and jerry things you were all talking about a few months ago though
how can you mention that in this thread ... shame on you ...
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got Wii Fit yesterday & was devastated to be calculated as about 3 pounds heavier than I am on my home scales & overweight with a BMI of 25.03. I'm not sure which is right, but I've decided to use my home scales for weigh-ins and the Wii Fit for excercise in combination with cycling and using the excercise bike.

Am gradually losing weight which is much better than when I used to lose loads very quickly & end up putting it back on at the same rate. Have cut down portion sizes & have substituted naughty snacks for low cal ones. Have also ordered 'Huger Shots' with my food shopping which are yogurt drinks to consume inbetween meals to stop you snacking unnecessarily.

I know the general consensus is 1,200 cals a day for losing weight, but a friend who has lost a lot of weight over a year recommended 1,000 cals. Is this safe?
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would say No no no no no no to 1000kcal (unless your doing this under professional supervision), even 1200kcal is a bit iffy depending on how much you weight.
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
I would say No no no no no no to 1000kcal (unless your doing this under professional supervision), even 1200kcal is a bit iffy depending on how much you weight.
Okay, thank you Kirsty.
leona
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is gonna sound bad, but I find the only way I can lose weight is eating between 1000-1200 cals a day. otherwise I just stay the same. But I feel fine, it doesnt affect my energy levels or anything, and I eat lots of fruit and veg...so it cant be that bad?
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
I know you mentioned it a few pages back, but would it be possible for you to calculate my cal/nutrient requirements please? What info do you need?
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by leona)
This is gonna sound bad, but I find the only way I can lose weight is eating between 1000-1200 cals a day. otherwise I just stay the same. But I feel fine, it doesnt affect my energy levels or anything, and I eat lots of fruit and veg...so it cant be that bad?
Its almost impossible to meet most peoples requirements for all nutrients on 1000kcal, but this has long term effects for instance on bone health, heart disease, muscle tone, sugar levels, increased chance of diseases such as gallstones, and people can follow 1000kcal diets and be fine, but they are only designed for very very very short term weight loss. (nomore than 12 weeks) They also cause Basal metabolic rate to fall, increasing chances of massive weight gain after coming off the diet. The lower metabolic rate also reduces the rate of weight loss whilst on the diet.

Also evidence has shown someone is more likely to lose weight on a higher calorie approach, such as 1200kcal, versus 1000kcal.

For weight loss, it is usually extremely difficult to lose significant amounts of weight by diet alone, and significant periods of intense exercise with dietary changes are more successful.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by liladriel)
I know you mentioned it a few pages back, but would it be possible for you to calculate my cal/nutrient requirements please? What info do you need?
I'll need weight and age.
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Having pizza & JP with cheese for 450 cals tonight. Loving the Tesco Light Choices range!
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've reccently started doing yoga and it's a nice change from cardio and weight lifting exercises...I do it in my room for about 45 mins - 1 hour and today bought an exercise mat (£3.97 from Argos!) to protect my knees and back.

Is it true yoga helps to tone and sculpt your body (with regular cardio and healthy eating obviously)?
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure about the toning, but psychologically it makes you feel better, destresses you and you have more energy etc.
tootsies
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am about to burst. I just had lush spag bol! Yummm, made it with courgettes, mushrooms and orange peppers and half a jar of dolmio which was 51kcal per 125g - i think i had about 250g! I did have quite a lot of taglatelle with it though, which i think is quite high...but hey, it was sooo nice! And i am sooo full!

Woo
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads