TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gosha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by liladriel)
I'm feeling the exam stress and not enough sleep thing too. Although the more tired I get the harder it is to revise so it's such a vicious circle Does anyone know of any foods that'll give me energy but aren't too high calorie?
I find that eating fruit works for me - like when I get really tired at night but still have to do some more work, I have an apple or something and it gives me the energy to continue for a while! I guess it must be the sugar? Good luck with your exams btw!
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
oooh - good luck with your exams!!!!! I have a job interview on Tuesday! yikes!
Thank you Good luck for your job interview, hope it goes well!

Thanks, Gosha - good luck with your exams too. What're you studying?

Maldives sounds fabulous, Jen! Great incentive to stay on track too!
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dramatic Star)
I got Wii Fit yesterday & was devastated to be calculated as about 3 pounds heavier than I am on my home scales & overweight with a BMI of 25.03. I'm not sure which is right, but I've decided to use my home scales for weigh-ins and the Wii Fit for excercise in combination with cycling and using the excercise bike.

Am gradually losing weight which is much better than when I used to lose loads very quickly & end up putting it back on at the same rate. Have cut down portion sizes & have substituted naughty snacks for low cal ones. Have also ordered 'Huger Shots' with my food shopping which are yogurt drinks to consume inbetween meals to stop you snacking unnecessarily.

I know the general consensus is 1,200 cals a day for losing weight, but a friend who has lost a lot of weight over a year recommended 1,000 cals. Is this safe?
If your wii fit was on thick carpet it might have affected the weight.
Gosha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thank you Good luck for your job interview, hope it goes well!

Thanks, Gosha - good luck with your exams too. What're you studying?

Maldives sounds fabulous, Jen! Great incentive to stay on track too!
History and International Relations.. you're doing law, aren't you? I was thinking about it too and now a little bit regret choosing something else..but then I really like my course and can do a conversion afterwards, so it doesn't really matter when are your exams over? my last one is tomorrow - can't wait to be done!
toddlers crossword
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This hasn't been a great week so far, I've had so much to do, uni work, gymming, meetings, essays, etc etc, that I've just ended up getting stressed and tired and spending most of my time asleep, not actually doing any exercise or work! oh dear. I've been to the gym once, which I suppose is better than nothing though.
I feel like a right pig today, considering I spent most of the day asleep Ive managed to eat some cereal, 2 portions of cous cous with a mackerel fillet, a chicken wing, a portion of chilli and rice and loads of fruit. None of the food was terrible I just ate loads!
Once I actually get down to work on these essays and get them handed in I might get back on track...for about a week till exams start! Oh dear why did I start trying to lose weight at such a stressful time of year!
Good luck with exams anyone whose doing them btw
fabulous_darling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Terrible week.

Saturday was a massive university festival day, with a 24 hour long street party. I drank oodles of rum and I ended up so drunk than I ended up drinking calorific beer as well. On Sunday I felt so hungover but also ravenous. I ate an entire packet and a half of cereal bars and then had a massive chicken caesar wrap with added cheese. Monday I was back on track and went to the gym. Tuesday I skipped the gym and munched my way through another entire packet of cereal bars. I went to the gym and ate healthily yesterday and again today but I still feel crappy.

It's that time of the month as well so I'm feeling extra bloated. Argh.

After this week I've stopped buying cereal bars!!

I've decided I'm skipping my usal Friday weigh in tomorrow and leave it 'til next week so I don't end up feeling even worse.
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bad day am only on 800 - 900 calories. *goes to eat bran flakes and fruit*

I think I must look better than I did... A customer at work insisted on hugging me and getting his friend to take a picture =/ And then a group of guys decided their game would be to try and guess where I was from and if I wanted one of the people's numbers and the restaurant was so busy people were waiting for ages to get a seat... Lots of different people asked me where I was from too :confused:

Fun night tho!

edit: I didn't break any glasses or drop any food lol
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gosha)
History and International Relations.. you're doing law, aren't you? I was thinking about it too and now a little bit regret choosing something else..but then I really like my course and can do a conversion afterwards, so it doesn't really matter when are your exams over? my last one is tomorrow - can't wait to be done!
Law's really good although there's so, so much to learn I enjoy it though, most of the time! Glad you like what you're studying, makes it so much better even where it is exam time! My exams start on Monday and end next Tuesday - aah! Wow, you finish early - good luck for your last exam
Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bad week. I've done everything right, exercised each day and midweek I'd lost a pound. Today I appear to have lost nothing.

So typically I've gone into a sulk and made a pecan and maple syrup pastry and eaten 1/4 of a bar of dark chocolate.
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I've lost nothing either but tbh i hardly deserved to...
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got into the habit of weighing myself everyday... Need to stop that.

I haven't had a pastry in sooooooooo long.
Kätzchen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was really tasty :yum:

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

I'm 5'5" [a little under, but as good as], 140lbs and eating about 1400 cals a day as well as exercising off about 300 a day through cardio/swimming. Why do I not appear to be losing weight?
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kätzchen)
It was really tasty :yum:

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

I'm 5'5" [a little under, but as good as], 140lbs and eating about 1400 cals a day as well as exercising off about 300 a day through cardio/swimming. Why do I not appear to be losing weight?
you may not be eating enough, that's what happened with me.
Kätzchen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
you may not be eating enough, that's what happened with me.
As I understand, 1800 is roughly what I need to maintain. If I eat a lot more...really, what's the point?

I was thinking of maybe not dieting at all and doing a lot of exercise. Maybe that would be better for me. :lazy:
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Meh! Am treating myself to spag bol tonight, however I never realised how fattening it is! Even with the tinyest portion, it is still reaching over 500+ cals. Am having to alter my lunch now so I don't go over. Spag bol is so tasty though, so its worth it!

To all those who haven't managed to lose weight this week. I haven't lost a lot at all (maybe a pound which is healthy weight loss anyway), however I've started to tone up well through excercising & I feel great. I'm sleeping better, am not feeling bloated and have so much more energy. Its great! I'm seeing that as an improvement which has stopped me getting down about my minimal weight loss. All in 2 weeks as well.
Gosha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Law's really good although there's so, so much to learn I enjoy it though, most of the time! Glad you like what you're studying, makes it so much better even where it is exam time! My exams start on Monday and end next Tuesday - aah! Wow, you finish early - good luck for your last exam

Thanks - I'm done now! Best of luck for your exams, I've heard that the workload for law is really awful!

On a different note the end of exams means that I'll 'have' to be more social again - so many more temptations of takeaways, drinking etc. I'm probably going clubbing to Lodnon tonight so will probably allow myself a few glasses of wine - I'm hoping that since I haven't drunk like for two months and losing weight at the meantime may cause that only a little will make me tipsy (so I'll have an excuse not to drink much!)..and I'll do my best to resist all kebabs, pizzas etc. And be extra good tomorrow (which I will probably spend sleeping anyway)
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As I understand, 1800 is roughly what I need to maintain. If I eat a lot more...really, what's the point?

I was thinking of maybe not dieting at all and doing a lot of exercise. Maybe that would be better for me. :lazy:
Ok - by my calculation your BMR is 1800kcal - however BMR is not your total energy requirement, so what lil said about eating enough might be right..

BMR is the minimum amount of energy your bod needs to function, e.g. heart to pump. It does not take into account energy needed to break down the food you eat, or any activity, even just picking up the remote control. In practice i add on 40% for this. So i actually estimate your total energy requirements to be 2500kcal!

For weight loss usually aim for 500-600kcal less than this, so around 1900-2000kcal.

Also calculating calories in food varies significantly - its almost impossible to be precise with regards to your actual consumption.

I would combine diet and exercise. (based on the requirements i've calculated!)
Kätzchen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
Ok - by my calculation your BMR is 1800kcal - however BMR is not your total energy requirement, so what lil said about eating enough might be right..

BMR is the minimum amount of energy your bod needs to function, e.g. heart to pump. It does not take into account energy needed to break down the food you eat, or any activity, even just picking up the remote control. In practice i add on 40% for this. So i actually estimate your total energy requirements to be 2500kcal!

For weight loss usually aim for 500-600kcal less than this, so around 1900-2000kcal.

Also calculating calories in food varies significantly - its almost impossible to be precise with regards to your actual consumption.

I would combine diet and exercise. (based on the requirements i've calculated!)
:eek2:

Blimey, that's loads!. Every BMR calculator I've ever used online [which I'm aware may not be totally accurate] gave me a figure closer to 1400.

I shall try eating more and see if it makes a difference.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:eek2:

Blimey, that's loads!. Every BMR calculator I've ever used online [which I'm aware may not be totally accurate] gave me a figure closer to 1400.

I shall try eating more and see if it makes a difference.
I'm assuming your aged between 18-29? if not i'll recalculate but i don't expect it to be much different.
Eragon452
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's a BMR and how do you work it out?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (261)
26.71%
No (716)
73.29%

Watched Threads