Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This woman at my new job who was being mean to me before... Went to me today "I'm not being rude but you have such a flat toned stomach, it's really difficult for someone of your size to have that. How come you've got it?"

She implied I was me bloody HUGE and really fat. I've got weight to lose and I'm working on it, but I naturally have a really big frame and bones too (honestly. lol).

I was like errr I run, go to the gym and have always been able to do heaps and heaps of sit ups... And she was like oh I don't exercise, I'm too lazy... But she wanted a stomach like mine. :rolleyes: Also at work there's tables and chairs outside, all the other girls lift them in pairs and only the guy lifts them by himself, except I can quite happily lift them all cos I'm used to lifting steel tanks and stuff for diving and also doing weights at the gym too... I got a "god your strong" from the same woman today. Yep, must be cos of how big I am hey... Cos fat makes you stronger.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I'm really trying to lose weight and doing really well. Plus I now can't look at any food without knowing how many calories it has which scares me slightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    This woman at my new job who was being mean to me before... Went to me today "I'm not being rude but you have such a flat toned stomach, it's really difficult for someone of your size to have that. How come you've got it?"

She implied I was me bloody HUGE and really fat. I've got weight to lose and I'm working on it, but I naturally have a really big frame and bones too (honestly. lol).

I was like errr I run, go to the gym and have always been able to do heaps and heaps of sit ups... And she was like oh I don't exercise, I'm too lazy... But she wanted a stomach like mine. :rolleyes: Also at work there's tables and chairs outside, all the other girls lift them in pairs and only the guy lifts them by himself, except I can quite happily lift them all cos I'm used to lifting steel tanks and stuff for diving and also doing weights at the gym too... I got a "god your strong" from the same woman today. Yep, must be cos of how big I am hey... Cos fat makes you stronger.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I'm really trying to lose weight and doing really well. Plus I now can't look at any food without knowing how many calories it has which scares me slightly.
    what a ***** :rolleyes: seriously, please don't worry about it (even though i know, it's easier said than done) - she just wanted to hurt you! she's probably just jealous that you are motivated and exercise lots! I've seen your tracker and you've done brilliantly so far so carry on and make her even more jealous of your fantastic body you'll have in a couple of weeks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    Wicked! When I'm in the mood for salmon, I end up buying a big pack (whatever's cheapest) but it goes off before I finish it, which is a real shame as it's not the cheapest thing in the world!

So I think I've decided what's for lunch at work all next week
    i buy sainsbury's pack salmon, and i freeze them all the time, really handy as they come individually wrapped in a big pack and they've never gone bad for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    I've noticed that on some packets too - I'm wondering if they are fortfying it. According to the government/food standards agency, tuna doesn't count as oily fish when canned because of the loss of oils during canning. http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydie...lfish/?lang=en

If canned in water it appears to retain more of the omega 3 - so that might be it. I think overall tinned tuna contains some omega 3, but not vast amounts...
    Kirsty, how many portions of food shall we get in a week? I've realised that my tuna doesn't have any (never really checked before but also thought that tuna must be a great source :rolleyes: ) so I don't get more than one or two a week (I try to eat fish when I eat out) which sounds like not enough! I might buy some supplements now (I don't have a kitchen at the moment so I can't change my eating habits much) to survive until I get home where I can eat fish every day if I wish?

On a different note - I didn't go clubbing on Friday as I was planning - was way too tired, and the same yesterday. So my diet's been good - just had a little naughty lunch yesterday (a white bagel with salmon and cream cheese as a part of Boots meal deal - but it was yummy and not very calorific) which was must rest day - but I did lots of shopping so that was my 'cardio':p: . I'm going to the gym later today - probably will have just a cardio session, maybe also a few squats etc., will see.

ReputationRep:
    I went to nando's last night. And i was really craving some peri chips. So i got some :-( But.. hopefully that will be my cheat meal for the week, and ill be good for the rest of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gosha)
    what a ***** :rolleyes: seriously, please don't worry about it (even though i know, it's easier said than done) - she just wanted to hurt you! she's probably just jealous that you are motivated and exercise lots! I've seen your tracker and you've done brilliantly so far so carry on and make her even more jealous of your fantastic body you'll have in a couple of weeks
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    That woman sounds like such a cow, just ignore her you've done so well to lose 21lbs and yeah some people can get quite jealous when they see someone else achieving their weight loss/body image goals...let's hope she's not like that all the time as you have to work with her!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Gosha)
    Kirsty, how many portions of food shall we get in a week? I've realised that my tuna doesn't have any (never really checked before but also thought that tuna must be a great source :rolleyes: ) so I don't get more than one or two a week (I try to eat fish when I eat out) which sounds like not enough! I might buy some supplements now (I don't have a kitchen at the moment so I can't change my eating habits much) to survive until I get home where I can eat fish every day if I wish?
    The guidelines usually say 2 portions of fish per week one of which should be oily - so that would suggest just one a week. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    The guidelines usually say 2 portions of fish per week one of which should be oily - so that would suggest just one a week. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.
    Thanks, I thought it would be much more
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Gosha)
    Thanks, I thought it would be much more
    Not at all... Obviously more is probably better..

ReputationRep:
    Is it true it's easier to lose weight if you store fat on your stomach than if you're pear shaped?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've not heard that..

ReputationRep:
    It's to do with like endomorph/ectomorph etc apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)

I've read an article about it - or rather there were specific exercises for each type (I think there were four.. I didn't pay too much attention to it because I simply failed to identify which type I am!)

Anyway, I just got back from a great cardio session (10 mins jogging, 10 mins fast incline walk, 20 mins rowing and 20 mins on elliptical) and feel great, I think I'll add some cardio to my routine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)

well it's not exactly what you were asking for but it may still be interesting to read! so, according to Women's Health, there are 6 body types (not 4 as I thought):

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitne...-apple-workout
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitne...o-pear-workout
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitne...-apple-workout
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/endo-apple

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Apple meso it is!

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't figure out whether I was an endo apple or an endo pear....and then got distracted by the 'sex toy or household object' quiz on the side of the page, lol

ReputationRep:
    I told one of the girls and one of the guys at work about what evil woman said to me yday. The guy was like "what?? She's a *****. She's jealous of you"... and apparently she said a lot of stuff like that to the girls. Weird huh? Made me feel not so bad. And I really like my new work and most of the people.

Went to the gym before work, but didn't have time to eat after the gym but the chefs made me food to eat out the back yey.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend xx

ReputationRep:
    I really need to cut down on my intake for the next few days - I was AWFUL on Friday and Saturday with my diet!! Oops!!

I'm doing alright and despite havign an absolutely horriific last few days mood wise I haven't binged and kept calm sucking sugar free sweets when I feel like just giving up on everything and drinking lots of really light ribena.
    hehe.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.