The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8860
Guys, what should you do if you are not hungry, but you have not ate enough calories for the day?
Tufts
Guys, what should you do if you are not hungry, but you have not ate enough calories for the day?

I'm very conscious of not slipping below my threshold level so if I don't eat enough or also if I burn up loads I'll eat something healthy to up my calories... Don't want to muck up my body/metabolism. And have a glass of milk too - calcium is gooood, but it's high in calorie too. :smile:
i was gonna say, drink something calorific!! wine? :ninja:
I'd have juice or a smoothie as they have vitamins etc and count as a portion of fruit too.
Reply 8864
liladriel
I'd have juice or a smoothie as they have vitamins etc and count as a portion of fruit too.

mmmmmm sounds good :smile:
Are mango's full of calories?
Tufts

i'll just eat a couple of biscuits or not eat anything at all :biggrin:
Reply 8867
Erzan
I've just finished my final year of 6th form college, with my A2 exams just left to go (why im here typing this and not revising, i don't know). But what a year it has been! When i first started A2 way back in September i was wearing trousers with a waist 38+ and i remember, they were very tight around the waist.

But I’ve just realised when and why i started to get active and exercise. The reason is pretty shallow and embarrassing but oh well. I was watching an episode of hollyoaks, seeing how fit the small sized girls were and the guys were all either slim or muscular and then i just began self criticizing myself. As my mum said, i was luck, because some people would of gone into a kind of self-destruction mode and begin to feel depress, eat and get bigger. But oddly i never, i luckily turned my self criticism into positive motivation. The cliché, 'if they can do it i can do it'.

I guess i was a victim of what the media hype of keep banging on about. How television is creating a false image for teens and causing them to feel depressed. But i suppose for some people it doesn't and actually has helped.

Or am in the minority and just have a bad case of optimism lol.

Anyway it was only when i bought pair of trousers the other week, i realised im now waist 30. From 38+ to 30... my mum is jealous, hahaha.

Before i wanted people to notice my weight lost, but now i regret that. Having everyone come up to you through the day, staring at you up and down, judging how much you lost is annoying. Plus the other day i got some girl who had the cheek to say how fat i was before 'im not being funny... but you was fat!... big, huge' [cue the laugh] some people...

What people keep telling me is don't stop losing weight. But truth is people don't see the bit of fat still on me, so what do they know?! For example love handles. Ok they are shrinking fast, but they are still there!. My goal is to have no visible fat by the start of university. lol.

I hate the media :frown: Why did they start with this crap and when will it end?
Reaper23
I need to lose 40lb by the second week of July. Possible?

Either way I'm going to have to try..at the moment I am 187lb/13.475St according so my scales....so that's like 1lb a day if I want to meet my deadline *gulp*

you're having a laugh!
minimo
I fitted into a size 8 skirt in topshop, today. I'm so :proud: lol.

proud of you! And size 8 topshop really means size 6:smile:
well_tempered
you're having a laugh!

Considering how much I want to lose, I am seriously not laughing :frown:

*sigh* I suppose this kind of reaction means I am not likely to hit my goal within 40 days.
Reaper23

*sigh* I suppose this kind of reaction means I am not likely to hit my goal within 40 days.

i've lost around 1 1/2 stones in less than 2 months, maybe that'll be more achievable and i haven't been exercising a lot cos of exams and stuff, probably with exercise you'll be able to lose a stone or more in a month
Reply 8872
I've had an awful day - my first binge after about a month - I'm sure I've exceeded 3,000 kcal..or maybe even 3,500 :frown: . I don't know what's wrong with me - I have a cold so was feeling rubbish the whole day, and just gave in the temptations and then it went fast. I'm ridiculously bloated and still full now - but have decided to try and ignore today and just go back to my good habits tomorrow (hopefully I'll feel better so that I can go to the gym).

I know that one bad day won't make any difference in the long-term; there's something else I'm worried about - I'm seriously doubting I'll ever get rid of the all-or-nothing attitude and have a normal relationship with food (for me, it's either verging on orthorexia, or bingeing) :frown:
rosemkate
i've lost around 1 1/2 stones in less than 2 months, maybe that'll be more achievable and i haven't been exercising a lot cos of exams and stuff, probably with exercise you'll be able to lose a stone or more in a month

How did you manage that? Any tips?
Gosha
I'm seriously doubting I'll ever get rid of the all-or-nothing attitude and have a normal relationship with food (for me, it's either verging on orthorexia, or bingeing) :frown:

I am the exact same. I wish I could give you some helpful advice on this, but I am still struggling with helping myself on the matter. It's either barely nothing (or just small amounts of only pure, natural healthy foods) or whatever is around and then I will treat every meal (binge) as the 'last feast'.. y'know? The last supper. If you find solutions to this then you must let me know :redface:
One thing that has helped me with this in the past (when I had a really good period) was what I liked to call 'the fifteen minute game' (lol)...you can use it any way you want...say "if I make it through fifteen minutes without eating, I can eat." And then just restart it. Or talk yourself out of it during those fifteen minutes.. harder than it sounds I know! But it can be effective.
Sorry this hasn't been of much help Gosha, but please try not to get yourself down about your binge. As you said, you've managed a whole month without binging which is an amazing achievement which I'm sure you can get straight back on track with tomorrow. Good luck!
Reaper23

for some reason I thought you were a girl!

you wouldn't loose that weight even if you didn't eat!

you'd have to burn up tons of calories, maybe by walking, because I wouldn't trust running on such a low calorie intake, you'd probably run into a bus. It's an extremely big ask to loose so much weight, but well worth the attempt if you've got the time.
Gosha
I've had an awful day - my first binge after about a month - I'm sure I've exceeded 3,000 kcal..or maybe even 3,500 :frown: . I don't know what's wrong with me - I have a cold so was feeling rubbish the whole day, and just gave in the temptations and then it went fast. I'm ridiculously bloated and still full now - but have decided to try and ignore today and just go back to my good habits tomorrow (hopefully I'll feel better so that I can go to the gym).

I know that one bad day won't make any difference in the long-term; there's something else I'm worried about - I'm seriously doubting I'll ever get rid of the all-or-nothing attitude and have a normal relationship with food (for me, it's either verging on orthorexia, or bingeing) :frown:

If it's any help I lost about 4 stones, (I never had scales), this was 5 years ago, and I've kept the same since, and eat normally now. It's so cool not to eat though, try think of it as a positive thing with great end result.
I'm keeping myself so busy most of the time that I don't have time to eat stuff I don't need.

I went to the gym on my lunch break today (burnt 400 calories in just over half an hour :biggrin:). I think I've only eaten 1200 calories at the very most though. :frown: Just got home... I'm not hungry... guess I'll be drinking the milk!

These jeans I bought for my new job, like 3 weeks ago that were fitted are now baggy on me! :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 8878
argh, i feel quite porky atm, i don't know if it's psychological - I got my size 10 next jeans on today without undoing the zip or the button, my friend told me I looked slim and I fitted into a teeny topshop skirt BUT I've also been eating happily through exam season. I need to weigh myself but I can only do so before brekkie and I don't have time to go to a boots before brekkie these days :frown:
I've been living in the library every day and haven't been eating particularly carefully - have had chinese, a 2 finger kit kat most days and just easy to grab food. But I think because I'm not constantly snacking it doesnt seem to matter. I'm staying at 9st 4 which is what I like to be, ideally I'd be 1-2lb lighter but that would be amazing, not my satisfactory goal. So I'm pretty happy at the moment :smile:

Latest