Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millies567)
    How did you manage that? Any tips?

iam on a calorie controlled diet. for the first 2 weeks i was eating around 1200 and lost half a stone then when i wasn't losing any more so now i eat around 800-1000 and thats working really well

i've tried eating healthily, lots of veg, fruits, exercising a couple of times a week and eating around 1500 calories a day but i wasn't losing any weight so i went down to 800-1000 and the weight is coming off and the best thing is that i can eat anything i want i can eat ice-cream, popcorn, biscuits and still lose weight without really exercising

but this week and next week iam gonna be eating around 1300 a day cos my mum says i need to eat more for the exams, even though i feel completely energised and stuff. but during the holidays iam gonna go exercising 4 times a week so hopefully during the summer i'll find out how slim i can get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemkate)
    iam on a calorie controlled diet. for the first 2 weeks i was eating around 1200 and lost half a stone then when i wasn't losing any more so now i eat around 800-1000 and thats working really well

i've tried eating healthily, lots of veg, fruits, exercising a couple of times a week and eating around 1500 calories a day but i wasn't losing any weight so i went down to 800-1000 and the weight is coming off and the best thing is that i can eat anything i want i can eat ice-cream, popcorn, biscuits and still lose weight without really exercising

but this week and next week iam gonna be eating around 1300 a day cos my mum says i need to eat more for the exams, even though i feel completely energised and stuff. but during the holidays iam gonna go exercising 4 times a week so hopefully during the summer i'll find out how slim i can get
    800 cals isn't healthy. You may be feeling energised now, but you will find that you start to feel low and headachy etc, when your body realises you're not planning on given it anymore food.

And if you're eating icecream and biscuits and stuff on 800 cals a day, you must be really not eating much at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    800 cals isn't healthy. You may be feeling energised now, but you will find that you start to feel low and headachy etc, when your body realises you're not planning on given it anymore food.

And if you're eating icecream and biscuits and stuff on 800 cals a day, you must be really not eating much at all!

i know its not healthy but i've done the whole healthy route and i just wasn't losing anything, i did it for at least 1 year but all that happened was that i was maintaining my current weight. before the 800-1000 calories a day, i was eating around 1500 and wasn't losing anything. when i first started it, i was really tired all the time but now i feel completely fine.

iam naturally not a big eater and i don't feel hungry now, even if i've just had one meal in the day, so to make up the calories for the day i'll just eat nice food . i'll probably be ok on 700 calories a day, but that would mean i can't eat nice foods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erzan)
    Before i wanted people to notice my weight lost, but now i regret that. Having everyone come up to you through the day, staring at you up and down, judging how much you lost is annoying. Plus the other day i got some girl who had the cheek to say how fat i was before 'im not being funny... but you was fat!... big, huge' [cue the laugh] some people...
    Firstly, a hundred congrats on your weight loss! Secondly, this is exactly what happened to me. I lost all my weight during my placement year at university, and when i came back, people used to stare me up and down too - asking how much i'd lost and how much more i was going to lose.. It was nice at first, but even my friends started saying things like, "oh yeah, you were a bit of a chubber before", and sort of poking fun at the lovehandles I used to have, and how I looked all out of proportion with my "massive legs and bum". It made me think back to the days when i was a tad on the large side and my friends used to tell me I looked great! :rolleyes: It actually does more to damage your self-asteem than people realise.

I don't know about you guys, but has anyone noticed that when you "reappear" having lost weight your girlfriends go on diets too? I'm really close to one girl at uni who has always been rail thin and gorgeous - and since I came back she's had this unhealthy obsession about getting thinner.. I mean going whole days without eating and stuff. I don't know if this is all in my head, but it all just seems totally unnecessary..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liladriel)
    That's so true. When I first lost a few pounds I felt really slim at 9 stone although now that sounds really big for me (I'm only 5"1 so 9stone is at the upper end of my healthy weight band).

Well done on your progress so far What's your target weight?
    I'm not sure really, initially it was 10 and a half stone, then 10, then 9 and half, then 9... now I've got here I'm not sure! I guess until I'm really happy with how I look, but realistically I don't know if that will happen at any weight and obviously I don't want to make myself ill so I can't keep up with my course. I think for now 8 and a half stone is my target because that's just inside the ideal BMI for my height

ReputationRep:
    why don't people judge weight loss by dress size instead of bmi??? because bmi isn't a great method and cos i understand dress size better

ReputationRep:
    I guess because dress size doesn't take height into account? For example someone who is 6 foot and a size 14 could be really slim, but someone who is 5 foot and a size 14 would look different. The BMI isn't at all fool proof, but it is a good way to roughly judge (for a majority of people) if someone is at a suitable weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    I don't know about you guys, but has anyone noticed that when you "reappear" having lost weight your girlfriends go on diets too? I'm really close to one girl at uni who has always been rail thin and gorgeous - and since I came back she's had this unhealthy obsession about getting thinner.. I mean going whole days without eating and stuff. I don't know if this is all in my head, but it all just seems totally unnecessary..
    Thanks. Well im a guy and i mostly hang around with guys, so i have no idea what my 'girlfriends' are doing in response to my lost of weight . However my best mate, who is a guy use to mock me in eating salad for lunch, which he called 'rabbit' food. On top of this he used to laugh at me doing weights and thought it was not worth me losing weight.

Today i realise his gotten bigger on his arms and i found out his been started doing weights too.

Typical :rolleyes:

But your friend is risking her health if she is already skinny and not eating, watch out for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    I definitely noticed this when I was at school, though haven't done at uni (may be something to do with the fact a lot of my friends here are boys, at school it was all girls). I also found some of the bigger girls were trying to be off putting, telling me I was too thin etc and don't look healthy when that wasn't true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well_tempered)
    If it's any help I lost about 4 stones, (I never had scales), this was 5 years ago, and I've kept the same since, and eat normally now. It's so cool not to eat though, try think of it as a positive thing with great end result.
    thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately 'eating normally' is the problem - I simply can't do that!

(Original post by lizzer)
    I am the exact same. I wish I could give you some helpful advice on this, but I am still struggling with helping myself on the matter. It's either barely nothing (or just small amounts of only pure, natural healthy foods) or whatever is around and then I will treat every meal (binge) as the 'last feast'.. y'know? The last supper. If you find solutions to this then you must let me know
    thanks a lot! in a way it's good to know that I'm not the only one.. i'll try the 15 minute game, sounds like a good idea! (I'm just worried that when I get into one of the moods, I'll completely forget about it!). I feel like being trapped in a vicious circle - and don't know how to get out of it... Don't think counselling would work as there are so many people with much more serious problems - I don't think they'd even take me seriously as I'm no way overweight anymore (I'm an 8 - maybe a bigger 8 - on top and a 10 on bottom - and 5 ft. 5.5) - but obviously still not happy with the way I look.

Anyway, today's been neutral. I had two sweets (a Kitkat bar and a Nutrigain cookie) in the afternoon which I'm quite upset about, but overall I don't think I went over 1,600 kcal and spent nearly 2 hours in the gym. I'm still bloated from yesterday and my normally quite flat tummy looks massive but I'm doing my best not to think about it. I think I'm going shopping tomorrow which means I'll be busy and hopefully stick to a healthy diet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Monkey)
    I guess because dress size doesn't take height into account? For example someone who is 6 foot and a size 14 could be really slim, but someone who is 5 foot and a size 14 would look different. The BMI isn't at all fool proof, but it is a good way to roughly judge (for a majority of people) if someone is at a suitable weight.

i guess bmi is ok but i just hate using it

ReputationRep:
    I umm.. just had sort of a binge.

Had a goodish day.

For brekkie i had - a banana and an orange

lunch - a 6inch sub, italian bread, tuna with no cheese, with lettuce, cucumbers and a few onions, no extra sauces either.

tea - grilled fish fingers (3) with beans and a slice of garlic bread.

but then.. i ate a small pack of peanuts after and had 2 (TWO!!) special k bars. I always have one and then want another one but stop myself. But i didnt toda.

Do you think ive gone over 1800 kals??

ReputationRep:
    I had two slices of pizza hut cos it's my bro's birthday and now I feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millies567)
    I umm.. just had sort of a binge.

Had a goodish day.

For brekkie i had - a banana and an orange

lunch - a 6inch sub, italian bread, tuna with no cheese, with lettuce, cucumbers and a few onions, no extra sauces either.

tea - grilled fish fingers (3) with beans and a slice of garlic bread.

but then.. i ate a small pack of peanuts after and had 2 (TWO!!) special k bars. I always have one and then want another one but stop myself. But i didnt toda.

Do you think ive gone over 1800 kals??

i'd probably say around 1500-1600???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemkate)
    i'd probably say around 1500-1600???
    I was just worried that i had gone over like 1800kal.

I think that happened because i didnt have proper breakfast this morning. so from tomorrow i am NOT going to just have fruit for brekkie. doesnt work. Im trying to get over the 2 special k bars. Still for 3 days for my weigh in, so i am going to be very good.

I feel like such a fat girl again. Totally lost all motivation for anything recently and I'm feeling quite down about how I look. Exams are stressful and I haven't seen my boyfriend for ages so that confidence boost of being made to feel attractive isn't there. Don't know if it is worth putting my energy into making an effort with food now when I should make an effort to revise.

On a positive note I do have left over stir fry in the fridge for lunch at the library tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best main to have at Pizza Express (bearing in mind I don't like salad)?

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/assets/d...enus/mains.pdf

Any suggestions? Reppage for help, pleaaaase?

ReputationRep:
    having read the menu i'd say the Melanzane Parmigiana is probably the lowest in calories and saturated fat. No creamy sauce and no meat, just veggies and a tomatoey sauce. However, the Grana Padano is likely to significantly boost the cals, but hopefully itd be just a small sprinkling on top!

EDIT: having said that, youre going out for a meal, so just enjoy yourself! you could have any of the delicious pizzas or other pastas if you behave the rest of the day and the surrounding days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    having read the menu i'd say the Melanzane Parmigiana is probably the lowest in calories and saturated fat. No creamy sauce and no meat, just veggies and a tomatoey sauce. However, the Grana Padano is likely to significantly boost the cals, but hopefully itd be just a small sprinkling on top!

EDIT: having said that, youre going out for a meal, so just enjoy yourself! you could have any of the delicious pizzas or other pastas if you behave the rest of the day and the surrounding days!
    You are right! I will see how I get on in the day & maybe treat myself. Thaaanks & am repping you as promised.

The Melanzane looks gorgeous though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Is it OK if I join this society? And how do I do that...?

[/n00b]

Hoping you're all doing well losing weight

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.