Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    people, how many calories are there in vodka?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    people, how many calories are there in vodka?
    50 per shot i hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    50 per shot i hear.
    Not bad.

Where do the calories come from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Not bad.

Where do the calories come from?
    It's fermented sugar or something isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    It's fermented sugar or something isn't it?
    Bummer.

Well I'll be having lots of it at 11 - probably :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not changing my diet but just working out every day i dont have any fat to lose i'd just like to be more toned :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I tried doing HIIT today for 15 mins.. was haard but my legs felt like rubber after doing it on the bike so hopefully I'm doing it right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoosabitmega)
    Not changing my diet but just working out every day i dont have any fat to lose i'd just like to be more toned :teeth:
    I've just pledged to walk my dog every day.
    irs lovely outside, sand i have my IPod, so i'm fine.

ReputationRep:
    The gym makes my legs hurt every time a go.

Over an hour of cardio today and over 600 calories burnt whooop. Had about 1500 food calories and 3 pints of strongbow - I'm such a lightweight now my head hurts.

One of my friends told me I was stunning.

ReputationRep:
    how many calories do you all aim to burn per day exercising?
    I personally try to burn at least 500 calories on the ellipitcal in my room per day, plus I cycle to my horse and back (only like 10 mins but every little helps) and ride for at least half an hour per day.
    Anything else I do I usually count as extra but I always try to do my 500 calories elliptical minimum on top of my other daily activies such as waitressing most nights and riding.
    I think I will slowly increase this to burning 1000 cals on the ellipitcal, I used to do this last summer and it felt good. Maybe throw in some exercise videos?

Whats your daily minimum of calorie burning? (I apologise if this has been asked already...)

ReputationRep:
    So.. I've got home and was quite excited to jump on the scales - and to be honest, it was a big disappointment - I lost 'only' about 6 pounds in 6 weeks (I know it's not too bad but considering the amount of exercise I did and that my diet was absolutely spotless during the first 4 weeks and still quite good during the last two - despite two or three binge days when I stiill managed to burn most of the excess kcals). BUT - at least it's a proof that weight is a flawed measure - I'm now just over 10st. (and 5'5.5'') but can fit in my (very) old clothes that I wore when I was 9'7'' maximum. And also - I was about this weight last summer but now I look much more toned and quite a bit slimmer. So who cares about some number

I'm going jogging in a bit (and I don't really like jogging - but will try to learn to like it lol) and will do some toning tonight - I think I'm not far from reaching my perfect body and that will be my motivation for now

ReputationRep:
    How do you monitor how many Kcals you have eaten? and how many Kcals are there in a slice of cheese, i mean the pre sliced stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    How do you monitor how many Kcals you have eaten? and how many Kcals are there in a slice of cheese, i mean the pre sliced stuff?
    I look on packets for the calories (although in all honesty I try to do this so no one sees or notices purely cos my family are weird and I'd get teased or whatever and my friends would go on about how I don't need to lose weight etc. Path of least resistance is sometimes good. )

I also google stuff and I've found http://www.calorie-count.com/ to be pretty good.

The cheddar cheese I have is around 53 calories a slice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    I look on packets for the calories (although in all honesty I try to do this so no one sees or notices purely cos my family are weird and I'd get teased or whatever and my friends would go on about how I don't need to lose weight etc. Path of least resistance is sometimes good. )

I also google stuff and I've found http://www.calorie-count.com/ to be pretty good.

The cheddar cheese I have is around 53 calories a slice.
    So Ive had a medium bowl of Cheerios with semi skimmed milk
    3 slices of cheese
    3 rice cakes (29 cals each)
    lettuce
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    loads of water
    1 cup of coffee 2 sweetners and small amount of full fat milk (there was nothing else)

Im trying to have 1300 cals a day...

ReputationRep:
    I'm fed up with me rent's putting pressuere on my, I'm a healthy weight.

ReputationRep:
    Are they pressuring you to lose weight? If so how tall are you and how much do you weight, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    So Ive had a medium bowl of Cheerios with semi skimmed milk
    3 slices of cheese
    3 rice cakes (29 cals each)
    lettuce
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    loads of water
    1 cup of coffee 2 sweetners and small amount of full fat milk (there was nothing else)

Im trying to have 1300 cals a day...
    well you're well within (I'd estimate 500) so i derno what the little squiggly face is about!lol I presume you'll have dinner as well though so if you leave yourself about 600cals for that and 200 for snacks. See - plenty to work with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahhhD)
    I'm fed up with me rent's putting pressuere on my, I'm a healthy weight.
    That's a good attitude - my whole family's really slim and so when i put on a wee bit of weight (am 5ft4 and was a size10 but stomach was a little flabby) my mum put loads of pressure on me to cut down. Unfortunately it turned into a little bit of an obsession and now i can't enoy food properly because i'm always thinking about the calories.

ta mum! =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulubelle)
    well you're well within (I'd estimate 500) so i derno what the little squiggly face is about!lol I presume you'll have dinner as well though so if you leave yourself about 600cals for that and 200 for snacks. See - plenty to work with!
    phew, Yeah dinner to come, Im going to buy some lentils this week as I am trying to enjoy more foods and these apparently are good for you if your on a diet.

I also found this nifty thing www.fitday.com its free and you can add up all your calories and fiber and protine etc on it every day and it saves it too!

Im going to the gym tonight to do my 45 mins of cardio... I also did 20mins walking today sucsessful day Id say, I even took a cake that was offered to me and put it in the fridge for tomorow, its a custard tart too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    phew, Yeah dinner to come, Im going to buy some lentils this week as I am trying to enjoy more foods and these apparently are good for you if your on a diet.

I also found this nifty thing www.fitday.com its free and you can add up all your calories and fiber and protine etc on it every day and it saves it too!

Im going to the gym tonight to do my 45 mins of cardio... I also did 20mins walking today sucsessful day Id say, I even took a cake that was offered to me and put it in the fridge for tomorow, its a custard tart too!!!!
    Have just signed up to the fitday website, I hope it helps me realise where my diet is going so wrong! (I'm guessing its something to do with the huge amounts of chocolate I consume! )

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.