The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I might do. I do feel light headed (despite only eating 2 and a half hours ago!)...I am on 1610 calories for today though(forgot I had cup a soup at work and various little bits,grr).

I guess this could be my cheat day...then be good for the rest of the week!Hehe.I did go to Waitrose and buy healthy food today...I'm going to make a lentil stew for supper tommorow.

I went on the pill today too...I'm hoping it's not going to affect my weight:frown:
The pill shouldn't make you gain weight, if it does then you can ask your doctor to switch you to a different brand. I didn't gain weight when I went on it and don't think it made it harder for me to lose weight as am 10 pounds slimmer now than when I went on it :smile: Most of the time when people think the pill has made them gain weight it's actually because their lifestyle has changed (takeaways with their man, eating the same sized portions etc). Apparantly the pill can increase your appetite too but as long as you're sensible with portion sizes etc (which you must be to have lost weight so far) then you should be fine!
chocolateflake99
I might do. I do feel light headed (despite only eating 2 and a half hours ago!)...I am on 1610 calories for today though(forgot I had cup a soup at work and various little bits,grr).

I guess this could be my cheat day...then be good for the rest of the week!Hehe.I did go to Waitrose and buy healthy food today...I'm going to make a lentil stew for supper tommorow.

I went on the pill today too...I'm hoping it's not going to affect my weight:frown:

When I went on the pill my weight started going up, but I was eating a lot less healthily. I think it was coincidence... Or maybe I've found my excuse!!

Seriously though, if it does go back to your doctor and get your prescription changed. I'm on the mini pill and it's so much better for me :smile:
One of my doctors wants to put me on the pill..to try and make my periods start again as they can't find anything wrong with my body. I've had MRI scans, ultrascans and hormone and blood tests and everything is ok. I'm just worried I will put on weight which would be something I'd loathe. They even suggested I exercise too much, which is ridiculous. 4/5 times a week is hardly obsessive.

Anyway today I ate a lot of salads.. lol. chicken salad for lunch AND dinner, but I like chicken so meh lol. I also went to the gym, which I enjoyed! :biggrin:
Some people find they lose weight on the pill too and if you suffer from PMT that lessens so less pre-menstral cravings!

I've felt SO hungry all day today. Had less than 1300 cals overall though but still hungry. Grr. Really need to go back to just having three proper meals and no snacks as that really does work best for me. Didn't really have lunch today as knew that I'd be going to Starbucks at lunchtime but ended up just having a drink and then snacking on little bits. Had 3 yummy plums instead of eating the tempting looking bread or binging on dry cereal so am pleased about that as plums are actually healthy and no ones ever gained weight by eating a plum! (find it helpful to rationalise like this when I think I've been a pig)
Plums are great! Two of them and only 43kcals :smile:

I've noticed my eating has settled into a habit.

6:30 - Breakfast
13:00 - Lunch
16:00/17:00 - Low cal tea
19:00 - Nighttime snack fo fruit and crackers
Reply 1386
Hi :smile:
I just found this a few days ago (I'm new on the forum) and this seems like the place I need for some motivation in losing some weight :biggrin:
is fitday playing up for anyone else? I can't get on it - major disaster!!!
ChocolateEyes
Plums are great! Two of them and only 43kcals :smile:

I've noticed my eating has settled into a habit.

6:30 - Breakfast
13:00 - Lunch
16:00/17:00 - Low cal tea
19:00 - Nighttime snack fo fruit and crackers

Ouch, I could never go six and a half hours between brekkie and lunch! :eek: :redface:
Well as long as I am sensible...I generally avoid takeaways and so on because I find them rank...my weakness is sweet food but still, I'm not too bad and can compensate for it.

Polka dott-that's why I'm on it too really! Had blood tests and stuff but they couldn't find anything!

Anyhoo today I've had a good-ish day so far. I had oats at 8am for breakfast, then went for a long walk (an hour or thereabouts) then had a bag of orchard mix (115) and a hot chocolate (50)...one of those ones made with water. It was really cold and I needed some comfort!

I think I'm going to do a roll with avocado for lunch and then have an oatcake before the gym...though will wait for it to stop raining. It's so cold here at the moment!I could see my breath in the air when wallking!
bunthulhu
Ouch, I could never go six and a half hours between brekkie and lunch! :eek: :redface:

school does that to ya:rolleyes:
Reply 1391
Ugh today was messed up!

brekkie: handful of dry bran flakes
lunch: apple and cookie
snack: another cookie

I'm thinking dinner will just be some spinach and carrot salad.
liladriel
The pill shouldn't make you gain weight, if it does then you can ask your doctor to switch you to a different brand. I didn't gain weight when I went on it and don't think it made it harder for me to lose weight as am 10 pounds slimmer now than when I went on it :smile: Most of the time when people think the pill has made them gain weight it's actually because their lifestyle has changed (takeaways with their man, eating the same sized portions etc). Apparantly the pill can increase your appetite too but as long as you're sensible with portion sizes etc (which you must be to have lost weight so far) then you should be fine!

After I went on the pill I gained half a stone very quickly (going from 7.5 to 8), just from added water weight. The pill gave me bigger breasts and hips (amazing that a pill can do that, but true), and I looked more curvy and felt heavier. Then over the next year I gained a further stone, mainly because of how my pill increased my appetite dramatically. I never felt full, and once I started eating I found it hard to stop - I was like a bottomless pit. After several attempts at losing weight while still on the pill, I realised it just wasn't going to happen. When I came off it, I lost the stone and am now just under 8 stone, but that was only due to very hard work - it wouldn't have come off autoatically just by stopping the pill. This doesn't happen to everyone, but the pill I was on (Microgynon) can be quite notorious for it. I honestly think my breasts have shrunk a bit since coming off (which is a good thing imo), but my hips are still bigger than they used to be - but maybe that's a growth spurt that would have happened anyway. Either way, I wouldn't recommend the pill to anyone who wants to lose weight. I guess we had very different experiences of it.
Hi I'm strangely addicted to this thread, everyones so good at keeping fit and eating right. Anyway I started a diet in July and have lost the stone I was hoping for (I'm 5'6'' and was 10 stone, now 9 stone) I eat about 900 cals a day and I realise this is low but it helped me lose the weight. However I am now quite obsessive about food and always count the calories on everything. I won't eat something if it's too high etc and this isn't good. I want to gradually eat more but am so scared of putting it back on. I don't know what I can do? Thanks
Monkey_Maiden
Hi I'm strangely addicted to this thread, everyones so good at keeping fit and eating right. Anyway I started a diet in July and have lost the stone I was hoping for (I'm 5'6'' and was 10 stone, now 9 stone) I eat about 900 cals a day and I realise this is low but it helped me lose the weight. However I am now quite obsessive about food and always count the calories on everything. I won't eat something if it's too high etc and this isn't good. I want to gradually eat more but am so scared of putting it back on. I don't know what I can do? Thanks

You hit the nail on the head :smile: Go up increments of 50-100 calories a day, I reckon, til you hit your BMR.
the_alba
After I went on the pill I gained half a stone very quickly (going from 7.5 to 8), just from added water weight. The pill gave me bigger breasts and hips (amazing that a pill can do that, but true), and I looked more curvy and felt heavier. Then over the next year I gained a further stone, mainly because of how my pill increased my appetite dramatically. I never felt full, and once I started eating I found it hard to stop - I was like a bottomless pit. After several attempts at losing weight while still on the pill, I realised it just wasn't going to happen. When I came off it, I lost the stone and am now just under 8 stone, but that was only due to very hard work - it wouldn't have come off autoatically just by stopping the pill. This doesn't happen to everyone, but the pill I was on (Microgynon) can be quite notorious for it. I honestly think my breasts have shrunk a bit since coming off (which is a good thing imo), but my hips are still bigger than they used to be - but maybe that's a growth spurt that would have happened anyway. Either way, I wouldn't recommend the pill to anyone who wants to lose weight. I guess we had very different experiences of it.

Lots of people find that the pill makes their breasts bigger - I think it did with me too. I actually haven't taken the pill for 3 months due to messing up the packs and now waiting for my periods to re-start so I can start a new pack but guess it means that the pill hormones are still inside me so I guess also means that if the pill causes weight gain coming off it isn't going to make a difference to your weight straight away (as you found). Congratulations on losing a stone :smile: I've lost another 4 pounds since I last took the pill but don't think its related to stopping the pill as I've been healthier generally. I'm on Cilest which probably has different side effects to Microgynon but I am a little worried about it increasing my appetite when I start taking it again although I don't think I've noticed that much of a difference in the last 3 months - I've still had days when I've felt hungry no matter what I've eaten!!
ditto. That's good advice bunthulhu :smile:

I think I might be going over my 1200kcals today cause I'm having a slice of cake later on, but it wwill only be by like 100 or something so that's not to bad.
Monkey_Maiden

I have the same issue - I try to eat around 1200 - 1400 calories a day but sometimes its not possible to stay that low and don't always want to have 1200 calories a day as it can be quite restrictive. Maybe try having a couple of days per week when you eat more than 900 calories (maybe have 1200 on those days) and see if that changes your weight. Or you could increase to 1000ish every day. Good luck with keeping the weight off and congrats on losing a stone :smile:
liladriel
I have the same issue - I try to eat around 1200 - 1400 calories a day but sometimes its not possible to stay that low and don't always want to have 1200 calories a day as it can be quite restrictive. Maybe try having a couple of days per week when you eat more than 900 calories (maybe have 1200 on those days) and see if that changes your weight. Or you could increase to 1000ish every day. Good luck with keeping the weight off and congrats on losing a stone :smile:

Thankyou :smile: :smile: :smile: I will try, I think eating 1000kcal shouldn't be too hard and then when I weigh myself next week I can see what happens.
:smile: Best way to do it

Latest