TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
carly_23
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
hey!
im new to this thread and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on healhy eating?

I am currently at uni and i am being very careful about what i eat as i dont want to gain any weight. last time i weighed myself i was about 53 kg and im about 169cm tall.

i am currently having porridge for breakfast, a salad for lunch (some lettuce, carrots, cherry tomatoes, a bit of tuna and sweet peppers) and dinner is usually either a jacket potato or meat (usually turkey or chicken grilled with some veg, 2 nights a week) or soup or an ommlette with veg (using 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites). During the day I would usually have a piece of fruit and around 3-4 cups of tea.

Do you think thats a good diet or not?
Thanks!!!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sounds good to me but i'm no expert.maybe add some exercise and that'll help you lose weight.
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Exercise is always good.

Meh, so annoyed!:mad:

My mum has decided I'm not eating up for my 'slender frame' which is the biggest heap of crap because I eat around 1200kcals a day which is fine. Plus slender frame my arse

I can deal with that because she is my mum and obviously has an interest in my wellbeing.

But my sister has also decided she can have her say in what I am and am not eating:mad: She saw my food diary on the fridge and decided to moan to my mum about how little I was eating:rolleyes:

This is ironic since she is not in the best of shape herself, no offence because I love my sisiter but it's true

I know they are concerned but I'm eating enough a day and am a big enough girl to take care of what I eat, I just feel like I'm being treated as a 5 year old

I'm sorry if this sounds petty or hurtful to my family, it isn't meant to, I just wish they would trust me to make my own decisions
ames123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can I join please?
11stone3, 5foot8, hoping to get down to about 10stone. Have joined the gym which is really nice, just need to make myself go!
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Housemates have bought cookies. Im eating grapes :hmpf:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ames123)
Can I join please?
11stone3, 5foot8, hoping to get down to about 10stone. Have joined the gym which is really nice, just need to make myself go!
I approve of your sig.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
Housemates have bought cookies. Im eating grapes :hmpf:
grapes are nature's sweeties
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
shame nature doesnt do cookies :hmpf:
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm eating a banana, apple and some ryvita Feel quite healthy
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Argh. Anotherrr bad day.
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bexiness!)
Argh. Anotherrr bad day.
How so hun?
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
shame nature doesnt do cookies :hmpf:
lol true. But still, better grapes than nothing right?
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Of course
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
How so hun?
I've had: 2 slices of toast with lighter lurpak, jacket potato with cheese, slice of toast with bolognaise sause, 5 choccie digestive biscuits, chinese fried rice & two small truffles. :eek: I went to the gym today, and had NO energy at all. I managed 25 minutes & i nearly fainted.. :/ It's ****ing ridiculous.

I feel so helpless at the moment. I am so down now, i cant even describe it. I seem completely incapable to eating right, i have tried really hard for 3 months now, and nothing has been lost.

Ok, everyone keeps reminding me i have lost 3 stone. But that means nothing now, it was so long ago.

Its pathetic. It seriously is.

Arghhhhh.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Breakkie - 100 cals max of pink grapefruit juice
Lunch - Random stuff - I'd say max 500
Dinner - Asparagus soup - max 350??

So under 1000, c'est bon.
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bexiness!)
I've had: 2 slices of toast with lighter lurpak, jacket potato with cheese, slice of toast with bolognaise sause, 5 choccie digestive biscuits, chinese fried rice & two small truffles. :eek: I went to the gym today, and had NO energy at all. I managed 25 minutes & i nearly fainted.. :/ It's ****ing ridiculous.

I feel so helpless at the moment. I am so down now, i cant even describe it. I seem completely incapable to eating right, i have tried really hard for 3 months now, and nothing has been lost.

Ok, everyone keeps reminding me i have lost 3 stone. But that means nothing now, it was so long ago.

Its pathetic. It seriously is.

Arghhhhh.

:hugs:

Believe me hun, I know how you feel. I havn't been able to shed anymore weight in a month, it's just staying the same! Tis very annoying but I'm still trying. I think lack of exercise has something to do with it, but I can;t exercise

Everyone has bad days sometimes, don't beat yourself up about it, tomorrow is another day

Maybe your body just needed the extra food today, if you had no energy at the gym it was your body telling you to rest and let it heal up a bit :hugs:

I'm alway here if you want to chat about stuff
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
breakfast - zilch (Was asleep)
lunch - tuna & sweetcorn pasta salad (306 calories)
dinner - waiting on my chilli con carne with rice
snacks - 4 ginger snaps + i'll much on grapes later.

i'm still ill and feeling crap and i really think my scales are lying to me!
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:hugs: for you too then
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm hungry - hmm what shall I eat?
I have half a chicken
a lasagne
or an ocean pie

and I have to feed Lydia aswell.

hmmmm *thinks* suppose it would be sensible to have the chicken I guess...not sure if there's enough for both of us though. Depends on how much she eats today. Sometimes she eats next to nothing, other times she eats like a horse.
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OMFG I make the best black bean veggie stirfry EVER :coma:

Soooo stuffed and it was SOOOO good for me and it was SOOOO tasty and mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm all full and sleepy like an old man
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1531)
79.2%
Leave (402)
20.8%

Watched Threads